Are Behringer audio interfaces ASIO multi client

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.
i have emailed behringer support asking if their audio interfaces umc404hd and the one in their xenyx mixer series are asio multi client. They replied to check the drivers download page stating that the info im looking for is on that page. It isnt. It only says asio compatible. Can anyone please help me, please ?

Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

Last time I checked, nearly all Behringer interfaces only had WDM drivers and you had to get Asio4All to use Asio.

Behringer is not known for solid feature-rich drivers. I'd advice to look a bit further, which might mean stretch your budget accordingly.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

hcv242 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:43 pm Hello.
i have emailed behringer support asking if their audio interfaces umc404hd and the one in their xenyx mixer series are asio multi client. They replied to check the drivers download page stating that the info im looking for is on that page. It isnt. It only says asio compatible. Can anyone please help me, please ?

if i dont get you wrong you mean to say multiple windows application using the audio driver for its output
e.g. running your daw and youtube in chrome... right

if thats what you mean to say then yes behringer asio supports multi client

but the windows sample rate and the daw sample rate must be same if you want to hear both the application's sound at the same time other wise there are issues of sample rate switching and sometimes the asio driver take time two be aware of the auto switching of sample rate

saying it as a owner of 202hd
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

The drivers for the UMC1820 are multi-client ASIO. They have certainly never given me any trouble at all.

BertKoor wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:49 pm Last time I checked, nearly all Behringer interfaces only had WDM drivers and you had to get Asio4All to use Asio.

Behringer is not known for solid feature-rich drivers. I'd advice to look a bit further, which might mean stretch your budget accordingly.
Maybe true 15 years ago but all Behringer interfaces these days come with proper ASIO drivers. Don't know whether they're multi client, though.

I think if you check the Behringer website you’ll find that the driver links for many of their products are to ASIO4ALL downloads.

Yes for the very-low end, sub-$40 ones. The professional ones like the UMC404HD (you know, the one OP actually asked about), 202HD, 204HD and 1820 come with ASIO drivers.

Couple screenshots of the driver GUI for the UMC1820:

(Not currently running any audio software and have my ES-3/ES-6 turned off.)

I have the Behringer UMC204HD.

I have just downloaded the free steinberg multiclient driver and installed it. I then opened up Cubase 10 - Studio One 4 - and Waveform 10 at the same time and chose the steinberg asio multiclient driver for two of them and the Behringer asio UMC driver for the other one.

After loading VSTs in all three DAWs all the VSTs could be played simultaneously.

Is that what you were after ?

The USB AISO Drivers with the X32 desk give me 32 in 32 out and I have never had any problems, rock solid and very low latency if needed.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I have now have 5 DAWS open at the same time using the steinberg multi client driver !

Cubase - Studio One - Bitwig 8 track - Bandlab Soonar and Energy XT.

And I am able to play and record VSTs in all of them ! (Bitwig is a bit crackly)

So are the Behringer audio interfaces multiclient ?

Is this what the OP is asking ?

BertKoor wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:49 pm Last time I checked, nearly all Behringer interfaces only had WDM drivers and you had to get Asio4All to use Asio.

Exactly.

So can anyone confirm that the Behringer UMC404HD has it's own ASIO drivers (not asio4all) and that they are multi client ? because many soundcards have Asio drivers that are not multi client.
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

hcv242 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:19 pmSo can anyone confirm that the Behringer UMC404HD has it's own ASIO drivers (not asio4all) and that they are multi client ? because many soundcards have Asio drivers that are not multi client.
They only have one "UMC Driver" for all the UMC devices. It is not ASIO4All, and is multi-client.

hcv242 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:19 pm

Exactly.

So can anyone confirm that the Behringer UMC404HD has it's own ASIO drivers (not asio4all) and that they are multi client ? because many soundcards have Asio drivers that are not multi client.
i can confirum. i have the UMC204HD, and has a dedicated asio driver. pretty decent latency. (a better latency than my motu ultralite mk3 hybrid..)

and it is multi client.

look at the download page:

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Be ... ans(en|en)

EDIT: someone beats me to it.. (is that the expression?) it is the same driver for several soundcards. which is normal (my motu driver for example is also for other motu models).

EDIT 2: pretty decent drivers, stable. latency very nice. and spec wise great. don't be fooled that it's made by behringer.
Last edited by WasteLand on Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hcv242 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:19 pm

Exactly.

did you miss all the other replies?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”