Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

hmmm.

wondering if it's possible to just download the update???????????????????

the file on their website is 11.01 ...Iguess thats not even the correct most recent update file..

hmm...I guess at some point they'll update that...
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:52 pm hmmm.

wondering if it's possible to just download the update???????????????????

the file on their website is 11.01 ...Iguess thats not even the correct most recent update file..

hmm...I guess at some point they'll update that...
From Reason DAW proper (standalone), just launch the last version of 11 you have installed. It will automatically prompt you to update to 11.1 from within the app. As far as I know, this doesn't work from within the Plugin, as that just points you to the website to download the full version again.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

:phones: well - yes - true - wanted to make it quick on my 3 machines..done 2 like that anyway..
all good..
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

I have to be honest, I was fking gutted when I looked at Reason 11 Intro feature list, it was so cool until I saw Malstrom wasnt part of it, I only ever wanted Malstrom and Scream4 in VST form. lol Pure gutted.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Just a stupid question: does the Rack Plugin works with the Ignition Key authorization method? They have a support entry stating it doesn't and that they are looking into it, so I wonder if the latest update fixes it (I didn't see it in the latest release notes)... I prefer the dongle, so I'm still waiting for upgrading (but I really want to!).
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

sin night wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:54 pm Just a stupid question: does the Rack Plugin works with the Ignition Key authorization method? They have a support entry stating it doesn't and that they are looking into it, so I wonder if the latest update fixes it (I didn't see it in the latest release notes)... I prefer the dongle, so I'm still waiting for upgrading (but I really want to!).
Ah, that's an out of date support article. Our bad! That bug was fixed in 11.0.1, a hotfix just after release. :party:

Great! I just bought the upgrade (downloading right now)!
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

I'm working with Reason from 1 to 6, updated 6 to 9, 10 and now 11 Suite.
ReWire was the way for me to work with.

With the plugin (my thoughts) I can drop the sequencer and the SSL and bundle Reaon with my favorite sequencer and Console, Cubase in my case.

But now I have to fiddle with more windows (no MIDI in patchbay, not useable as a multitimbral plugin). Reason Studio broke my workflow with Reason while dropping ReWire.

Ok, I put Reason 11 Suite back to my harddrive and there the program can wait for the prince to wake it up with a kiss again. I put back 10 into my dock.

It is weird coming from "Reason will never host Vsts" to becoming a VST :hihi:

It's like... a complete change of paradigm. ;)

It pains me to entertain that standalone Reason may be locked, feature-wise, for the most part at this stage. RRP seems to be super popular, and clearly allows Reason Studios to reach a larger customer base instantly. I really hope** they just continue to keep updating standalone for us hard core users that prefer to work in Reason.

** throws salt over shoulder, sacrifices a chicken, and roles his magic 8-ball.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:21 pm It pains me to entertain that standalone Reason may be locked, feature-wise, for the most part at this stage. RRP seems to be super popular, and clearly allows Reason Studios to reach a larger customer base instantly. I really hope** they just continue to keep updating standalone for us hard core users that prefer to work in Reason.

** throws salt over shoulder, sacrifices a chicken, and roles his magic 8-ball.
That bird flew the coop -- I spearheaded the "Reason needs to DAW" for all the actual "hard core" users for a couple years, fighting off the the overwhelming tide of complacency and excuses from other supposed "hard core" users, and the always-consistent deafening silence from Props.

We reap what we sow, that's for sure.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:52 pm That bird flew the coop -- I spearheaded the "Reason needs to DAW" for all the actual "hard core" users for a couple years, fighting off the the overwhelming tide of complacency and excuses from other supposed "hard core" users, and the always-consistent deafening silence from Props.

A couple of years is admirable, but I've been lamenting about missing features for almost 19 years. :D :lol: To be fair, a lot of what I wanted has been implemented. I just want more. :party:

Eh, c'est la vie.

EnochLight wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:16 pm
Psuper wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:52 pm That bird flew the coop -- I spearheaded the "Reason needs to DAW" for all the actual "hard core" users for a couple years, fighting off the the overwhelming tide of complacency and excuses from other supposed "hard core" users, and the always-consistent deafening silence from Props.

A couple of years is admirable, but I've been lamenting about missing features for almost 19 years. :D :lol: To be fair, a lot of what I wanted has been implemented. I just want more. :party:

Eh, c'est la vie.
Unless you're a different EnochLight, I'm certain you know I've been around at least as long as you, and likely longer, doing my part. And you would also recognize the "Reason needs to DAW" like most other users who've visited any Reason forum the last few years, and either lovingly or despisingly associate "Psuper" with it...

Last couple years was my final hail-Mary to get Reason on track as a competitive DAW, I can't say the same for most others, quite the opposite at least until the R11 announcements.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:31 pm Unless you're a different EnochLight, I'm certain you know I've been around at least as long as you, and likely longer, doing my part. And you would also recognize the "Reason needs to DAW" like most other users who've visited any Reason forum the last few years, and either lovingly or despisingly associate "Psuper" with it...

Last couple years was my final hail-Mary to get Reason on track as a competitive DAW, I can't say the same for most others, quite the opposite at least until the R11 announcements.
:party: :party: :party:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”