Whose gonna step it up for DAW's 2020

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who do you guys see stepping up in the DAW market next year? Innovative features, new releases etc. I'm personally looking forward to seeing what Image-line do, Native Instruments with Komplete Kontrol/Maschine (standalone software), and Ableton with Push etc. Gotta Add Logic!

Who's gonna step it up?

Dunno.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

None of them.
All the real innovation next year will be in music theory.
Buckle up.
Last edited by Michael L on Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

jabe wrote: ↑Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:19 pm Who's gonna step it up?

Dunno.
Same here. Can’t say I’ve seen anything from anyone that indicates they’re going to step things up.

babyasoft have been quiet for a while.

More of the same. More features, more complexity, more of everything. Maybe better, maybe not.

Digital Performer no contest, so far anyway.
There's a plethora of new features and UX improvements coming to DP10 as evidenced by the introduction of Performer Lite. Plus Clips getting closer to what Bitwig and Live offer. It might technically all happen before 2020 starts but it's definitely the biggest jump in new directions I've seen from a DAW since Live bought Cycling 74 and included Max 4 Live into Suite.

I would say for actual 2020 it's always possible that Bitwig actually open up their entire DAW to being modified like they hinted at 1.0. :borg:

Mobile daws are getting more and more popular. Roland has released something recently, and KORG and Steinberg have had their softwares running on iOS for a while.

My guess is on Roland for their cross platform daw.

I think Bitwig have been pretty innovative so far and I'm looking forward to what they'll bring in 2020.

Reaper.
No signature here!

DP and Logic

evolution not revolution
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Bitwig
DoomTune.com

Reaper + Bitwig

ProTools is gonna back a come back this year. Just wait and see!!

πŸ™ƒ
🌐 Spotify πŸ”΅ Soundcloud πŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to β€œHosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”