XLN Audio news?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yep , Black Friday Sale , but you'll probably pay $99 instead of the $89 though .

fedexnman wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:54 pm Yep , Black Friday Sale , but you'll probably pay $99 instead of the $89 though .
Is this going to happen for XO as well? So far XO was left out of their sales.

cranium wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:02 am
fedexnman wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:54 pm Yep , Black Friday Sale , but you'll probably pay $99 instead of the $89 though .
Yep, if the newsletter was anything to go by XO is finally included in sales! It's definitely worth it at the sale price :)

qoyl wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:51 am
cranium wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:02 am
Yep, if the newsletter was anything to go by XO is finally included in sales! It's definitely worth it at the sale price :)
Awesome, bring it on!

So, did anyone buy it recently? If so, what's your view of it?

I am demoing it one more time and I am starting to like it. The quality of sounds included is top notch, which is actually a bonus. The features are extensive and compared to Atlas and Playbeat this seems to be way ahead.

I am getting tempted to buy it now and need one final push. Is there a video about it that is convincing enough? I will be checking out some videos now, but any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Bought it from JRR Shop for $82.32. :party:

Yea, a great buy.
A good XO vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHzgFPCppsw
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks for sharing, missed this in my search. :tu:

Cant believe there isnt more talk about XO. :)
Absolutely nothing like it.
It is a level beyond Atlas for absolutely sure.

Does anyone know if XO de-duplicates samples that are loaded in multiple Sample Folders?
It needs some work on the ability to load different 'profiles' or whatever. But my plan is to make some category folders, and then copy hardlinks of various sample folders into each of them. Then I have like 'style' groups in the XO interface. But, there will be a lot of overlap...
If I load them like that, and then turn them all on in XO, will it load all the duplicate samples?
ImageImageImageImage

I've talked about it whenever someone mentions Atlas. It truly does surpass it in many ways that is evident when demoing it.

As for your question, I use symlinks (since folders can be symlinked) to bring in loose samples from Kontakt libs, plugin libraries, etc., and XO returns them as the symbolic path. So I imagine with hardlinks it will also do so. Just be careful not to make circular links, doubt it will ever stop scanning as it seems it does not know it is following a link.

Maybe test with a smaller set of samples?

Cool, as long as the symlinks work it should be doable somehow.
Yea I will get around to testing it myself. I asked XLN on Youtube too.

Yea, that video I posted above was the only thing Ive seen that really shows how deep this thing goes. The sample analysis is the core of it, and is definitely no snake oil, but that 'sample combiner' section is some serious secret magic.

ok, i got impatient;
It does see the duplicate samples when I do a search for a filename, but it looks like it might be only in the cloud once. In the search and filter screen it shows as multiples in the count at the bottom. But, in the cloud it looks like its only once, and, in the bar at the bottom of the cloud showing relatives there is only one.

If that is correct, its perfect.
Anyway, this thing is a must have. The price is massively off putting until you realize that its not really just a library tool.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:07 am Anyway, this thing is a must have. The price is massively off putting until you realize that its not really just a library tool.
Exactly. Glad I resisted the temptation to get Atlas or Playbeat. At half the price, XO has been a real steal. I can't stop thinking how intelligently everything has been thought out... if you know what I mean. It's like 99% perfect. There a couple of improvements required for library system, for e.g. able to relocate the added folders, ability to add short custom names for the paths in the "add folders" window only (just like how it is in FL Studio), and one more important one that I can't recall right now. I can't wait to see what future updates will bring. :o

correct me if I am wrong that I've read some where... saying that Atlas will have another update this year. But it turns out none ... Maybe they've seen the capability of XO (though XO is not that perfect and plenty of room to improve) so that they need to put more juice into the next release.

I am happy to buy XO in such a discounted price and I hope they will have A-B-C-D patterns rather than AAAB..... But according to their release pace, real slow to me be honest.

I was up late with it. :)
Yea if I had to guess, I would say Atlas may see quicker and more reactive development than XO. It seems like Algonaut has the right ideas, but based on whats going on in XO, so does XLN, and XO is already many many steps ahead.
I have both, but honestly what I was using Atlas for is where XO already has its strength.

I hate to say it, but there is definitely something much more behind the XO "a.i.".
Just playing around, its easy to see. Its a different animal, and its priced like it...
Ive never seen a hint of anything like that Sample Combiner page, and it works amazingly, with huuuuge sample sets.
cowby wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:20 pm I hope they will have A-B-C-D patterns rather than AAAB..... But according to their release pace, real slow to me be honest.
+1
XO just needs some more attention on the sequencer, and extra patterns should be top of the list.
Yea, I am kind of afraid of the dev pace on it, but the bright side is that it seems like they have put a lot of focus on it and probably know what it needs next.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:07 am its not really just a library tool.
What else is it? I ask that sincerely.

cowby wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:20 pm I am happy to buy XO in such a discounted price and I hope they will have A-B-C-D patterns rather than AAAB..... But according to their release pace, real slow to me be honest.
Exactly. I love XO but only having two 1-bar patterns really bums me out. It's extremely limiting and like you said... the updates to XO are slow.

Return to “Instruments”