Looking for something like M1 (rompler) as VSTi ... JV1080?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus Purity Ravity R Ravity S

Chamar wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:25 pm Means: Pianos, Strings, Pads, ...
Kontakt ? It's on sale for $200 now. Perhaps overkill and perhaps out of your price range but worth a mention.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... kontakt-6/

Purity is nearly the text book definition of a Rompler emulation with some nice feature additions and it's only $50 but development can be a bit spotty and make sure you can try a demo first to ensure it's stable on your system:

http://sonic-cat.com/purity/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Not a rompler per se but studying Synthmasters latest BF offer one could also brainstorm about buying 3000(!) presets with the bundle for 79 bucks.

Actually I've been thinking about that path (also with other synths, let's say Babylon) only because of the amount of presets. In fact I don't need any other synth, no, no, not kidding, but more presets... hmmm.

Nexus

Sonic Cat’s Purity, best thing around.

The King is Hypersonic 2, But is sadly not available anymore.

e-crooner wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:41 pm
BlackWinny wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:49 pm
yul wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:50 amSoundcanvas VA
Yes, but beware before buying Sound Canvas VA : it is compatible with very few hosts.

> Information on DAW software compatible with SOUND Canvas VA <
Glad I don't have a Roland toilet, I would have to read and accept a license agreement before I could use my toilet paper.
My toilet is available exclusively to the family and on daily subscription.
And each granted person must bring one's own paper.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

There is an M1 vst in the KORG collection isn’t there? I just used it last week

gminorcoles wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:25 am There is an M1 vst in the KORG collection isn’t there? I just used it last week
Yes, there is; I sort of double checked last night, lol.

Back OT, there's also the free Proteus VX if those E-MU sounds from back in the day are your thing. Comes in pretty handy for lo-fi hip-hop, house and whatnot and makes more sense to me than wasting money on artificially lo-fied sample packs.

docbot wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:48 pm Sonic Cat’s Purity, best thing around.

Both sounds like a toy.

Get halion sonic or sampletank.

Proteus VX is discontinued. Just checked recently.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

You may also use TAL-Sampler. It will offer the same features (and probably even way more). And it comes with the huge Hollowsun Library based on old Akai libraries.

Bippo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:11 am

Both sounds like a toy.

Purity $50, Halion Sonic $249, Sampletank 4 $149 (as shown on sale now).

Anyway it looks like the Sonic Cat / Purity site is down. Appears to be a generic message from their service provider. Not sure if it's routine maintenance or what.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You can also use some Fairlight CMI emulation. There are several. Some are not expensive (but very good in my opinion, as the one done by Superwave) and others are expensive. There are prices for everybody.
:)

He could also get a free SoundFont player and find some of the GM fonts that are or were floating around. There are still some really nice soundfonts available like Papelmedia etc.....

https://www.polyphone-soundfonts.com/en ... papelmedia

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:29 pm
Bippo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:11 am

Both sounds like a toy.

Purity $50, Halion Sonic $249, Sampletank 4 $149 (as shown on sale now).
Cheaper doesn't mean better...

Why not just look on ebay for a used JV1080 ?

I have ax XV88 (XV 3080 engine) and use it all the time instead of loading Kontakt - Sampletank or whatever. I can even coax good analogue style sounds out of it.

The advantage of the JV1080 is that there are free software editors available for it, whereas I have to edit mine manually which can be a chore.

Return to “Instruments”