One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

exponent1 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:43 am .... If you're more interested in just 'Songwriting' than sound design as a challenge, you could try out the 'Songwriting Competition' instead https://mix-challenge.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

All the best and hope to hear more of your music!
hi, thanks for your constructive opinion, I will try everything... :wink:

Hi! This is my first One Synth Challenge and I'm afraid of making some mistakes! :oops:
I have some questions about some effects that I'm not sure that can be used; is this the right place where to ask?

@katalany
Ask away, I'm sure people will chip in with information :)
As long as its freeware, no short term demo stuff or magware, no chorus/phaser.
Distortion can be used, just gently.

Overall just have fun :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Thanks for the answer. In the past few days many of my doubts have been clarified thanks to this page and the older posts/threads :D

Fyi, my doubts where about filters (or eqs used like them), compressors and pan-pot effects. I understood that they are all allowed (if they respect the general rules of being freeware and gently used)

Hello everyone! I hope this is the place to dare and suggest a synthesizer for the OSC? I noticed that there has never been a wonderful synthesizer Atlantis, which has a very good ability to create and change the sounds! Now it has a 64bit version and quality skins that everyone knows make the synth sound better!)

IV! wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:49 pm Hello everyone! I hope this is the place to dare and suggest a synthesizer for the OSC? I noticed that there has never been a wonderful synthesizer Atlantis, which has a very good ability to create and change the sounds! Now it has a 64bit version and quality skins that everyone knows make the synth sound better!)
the si is a great synth, but no Mac version, so I think no chance for an OSC
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Aaa, I see. I did not consider this factor.

reusenoise wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:54 pm
IV! wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:49 pm Hello everyone! I hope this is the place to dare and suggest a synthesizer for the OSC? I noticed that there has never been a wonderful synthesizer Atlantis, which has a very good ability to create and change the sounds! Now it has a 64bit version and quality skins that everyone knows make the synth sound better!)
the si is a great synth, but no Mac version, so I think no chance for an OSC
I suggested Atlantis a while ago. Not having a Mac version didn't stop the OSC from selecting a synth before, so..... :shrug:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

So... Jeremy Evers released a 64bit version of Atlantis in early 2019, so I think there's still hope to see a Mac version someday!)

IV! wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:06 pm So... Jeremy Evers released a 64bit version of Atlantis in early 2019, so I think there's still hope to see a Mac version someday!)
Much easier to fix a plugin for 64bit than port to Mac; given the lack of interest and very odd/custom GUI, I don't ever expect a Mac version of this one...

Atlantis (c) 2004-19 Negspect Inc.
For 15 years, Atlantis has gained a 64bit version. Maybe in another 15 years we will get a version for Mac.
I think in 15 years, the OSC will still exist...

Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

That looks like lots of fun... a special that also allowed https://sampleson.com/SUB-free-analog-drums.html would make lots of people who struggle with drums happy!

z.prime wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:24 am
That looks like lots of fun... a special that also allowed https://sampleson.com/SUB-free-analog-drums.html would make lots of people who struggle with drums happy!
It's rare to see any new free synths for both Windows and Mac 64bit. Perhaps it can be a OSC where there is more focus on making nice tracks than digging into sound design :) Anyway, I just saw it newly listed here at KVR and wanted to give a heads up.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

@OSC Team
Please contact Matt Tytel ... I want to do a round with his amazing beast Vital. Watch the following first public appearance on Sonoj Convention: IT'S SIMPLY AMAZING! We could make a deal - we get a beta and he get's our presets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5YAEiOt3Ic

Return to “Instruments”