DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

e-crooner wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:07 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:02 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:27 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:05 pm Dune CM is more advanced than Hydra and it's magware! Hydra should be free in comparison ;)
totally diff synths :roll:
I agree! Dune CM has additional FM and osc sync besides a modulation matrix and arp ... etc. It lacks the chorus effect however (or any other effects) but still Dune CM value should be much higher than Hydra.

I think Richard just keep forgetting to zero Hydra's price when updating the website :hihi:
60 bucks is crazy for that plugin, one might get Synthmaster One for that price.
Synthmaster 2.9 is just $45 at the moment.

buy that then :tu:

Examigan wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:11 pm Synthmaster 2.9 is just $45 at the moment.
Crazy.
But I would not even want 2.9, Synthmaster One is much more appealing in my view.

AnX wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:42 pm
BONES wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:20 am It does stuff easily that other synths struggle to do at all
name one
Since it's 32 bit only, I can barely remember what it looks like, much less the names of any patches. But it was always rewarding to play around with it because it came out with interesting sounds without much effort.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hydra is also 64 bit, else I could not have demoed it :hihi:

e-crooner wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:37 pm
Examigan wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:11 pm Synthmaster 2.9 is just $45 at the moment.
Crazy.
But I would not even want 2.9, Synthmaster One is much more appealing in my view.
SM1 is $36 on the BF sale.

Examigan wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:30 pm
Crazy.
Yes, I saw that. But I would wait until the sale is over, I hate the whole BF mentality with its cutthroat pricing :P

e-crooner wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:40 pm
Examigan wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:30 pm
Crazy.
Yes, I saw that. But I would wait until the sale is over, I hate the whole BF mentality with its cutthroat pricing :P
I doubt you are going to buy any synth! You just like to chat it seems ;)

I have Avenger, MSoundFactory, and Icarus (soon to be 2). Is it stupid to buy Dune 3 at this point? The BF sale price is tempting. For some reason it's kind of hard to find a lot of videos on Dune 3. I demo'd it but ran out of time before really forming an opinion.

I like the sound of Dune 3 more than Icarus and Avenger. It's warmer. The effects are better also. But, programming Icarus or Avenger and their workflow are miles ahead.

For me, I already chose Dune 3. There is already an update that improve the workflow, so anyway, I'm getting used to it :)

EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:48 am I like the sound of Dune 3 more than Icarus and Avenger. It's warmer. The effects are better also. But, programming Icarus or Avenger and their workflow are miles ahead.

For me, I already chose Dune 3. There is already an update that improve the workflow, so anyway, I'm getting used to it :)
Thank you for the reply. Can you say some more about what you don't like about Dune 3's workflow? From watching videos it seems that editing the different parts can be a pain and it's probably easy to get confused between which part you're editing. Would you agree?

rlared wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:39 am watching videos it seems that editing the different parts can be a pain and it's probably easy to get confused between which part you're editing.
Hard to get confused with which part you're editing. It's the one that's lit up......

D3 112919-1.png

I find Dune 3's workflow lightning fast but I've done hundreds of patches with it so..... :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

when does the sale end today only?

ScottZ wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:09 am when does the sale end today only?
Go to their site..... :bang:

mrsugmad wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:58 am
ScottZ wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:09 am when does the sale end today only?
Go to their site..... :bang:
I have been to the site. In the shop but all I see is Black Friday sale not any dates which is why i asked if it's friday only. Other companies will sometimes go to Dec. 3rd, or list the dates.

Return to “Instruments”