Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Is there a reason why everyone is buying from BS when its cheaper at Thomann? Its only £68
https://www.thomann.de/gb/tone2_icarus.htm

AudioDeluxe and JJR also has it as £80.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So its not only the bad boys at Bestservice but bad boys at Thomann, bad boys at JRR, bad boys evrywhere.

I really wonder where Tone2 will (re)sell there products if evrybody is bad outthere and doing something which is not authorized (which I really doubt, I am sure there is NOTHING in the contracts that forbids them to do so and NOTHING that says they have to ask tone2 for evry sale they want to make, but of course its easier if you could blame someone else.....)

SLiC wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:46 am Is there a reason why everyone is buying from BS when its cheaper at Thomann? Its only £68
https://www.thomann.de/gb/tone2_icarus.htm

AudioDeluxe and JJR also has it as £80.
Upgrade to v2 just got more $$$ lol... :cry:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:58 pm It is even more hard for myself and I am also very annoyed about this. After all fees and taxes i only earn €20 per unit if people buy the stuff outside of our own webshop through a 3rd party reseller.
Damn, that surprised me. Sorry for your health issues, hope you can resolve this upgrade situation.

- Thomann is a reseller of Best Service products who are a reseller of Tone2 products. That's why after all fees and taxes only 20€ remain for us

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through our own webshop (www.tone2.com) after April the 1st get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller between April the 1st and November the 29th 16:00 get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller after November the 30th 16:00 through a 3rd party reseller will be able to ugrade for the difference price.

- Icarus2 will not be distributed through a 3rd party reseller

- Icarus2 will be the final synthesizer that i will release, since i have health problems and it is not longer economic for us to develop new products. After this one there will be only free updates and soundsets

never mind

This is all a bit confusing. Anyhow, wishing you the best of luck with the release.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:35 pm - Thomann is a reseller of Best Service products who are a reseller of Tone2 products. That's why after all fees and taxes only 20€ remain for us

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through our own webshop (www.tone2.com) after April the 1st get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller between April the 1st and November the 29th 16:00 get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller after November the 30th 16:00 through a 3rd party reseller will be able to ugrade for the difference price.

- Icarus2 will be the final synthesizer that i will release, since i have health problems and it is not longer economic for us to develop new products. After this one there will be only free updates and soundsets
I understood/understand it completely, maybe there's something wrong with my code....
Last edited by tasty tatsyn on Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I already informed Markus about the apparent inconsistency between the dates in the third and fourth clause. I'm assuming he meant the deadline to be November the 29th, 16:00.

I'm glad that Markus realized that his initial policy change was unfair to people who already bought Icarus during the sale. The fact that he amended his policy because of that, restores my confidence in Tone2. I informed Best Service that I don't need a refund anymore, since Markus came up with a satisfying solution.

I had really soured on Tone2 and Icarus and I'm glad that I can leave that behind me now. Really looking forward to Icarus 2.

Ah, ok, I just heard from Markus that the different dates between clause 3 and 4 were done on purpose, as a kind of grace period and to account for time zones. I get that.

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:35 pm - Thomann is a reseller of Best Service products who are a reseller of Tone2 products. That's why after all fees and taxes only 20€ remain for us

What a rollercoaster of a thread... I think Markus just solved All of our complaints & diverse opinions on the issue/topic... Also in a good way, with listening to what was written above. It seems a pretty fair solution for everyone involved.

On a sidenote; most of us would be glad to not hear of you until the final Release of Icarus 2 (: Not because of disrespect but I know a bit about how stressful situations can put the body/health down in a bad way... so please sir, take this weekend off or just spend some time with other/better things, you certainly have to do. :phones:

Many thanks & Good health!
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Problem solved, confidence from many in Tone2 restored, Markus is a wise man. :hug:
- Icarus2 will be the final synthesizer that i will release...
Don't say that, there will be always a place in the market for Tone2 and hopefully for future Icarus 3, 4... :) with the deepest synthesis-wavetable synth in the world.

I agree I think tone2 synths are essential for my techno productions and I'm addicted now with icarus. So don't pack it in

Wow, nice move by Markus! Bravo!!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Remember, its not just Tone2 Synths- you can get VPS Avenger or Parawave RAPID for 80-90E at the moment, its BF- stuff is cheap (and it makes non-discounted things like updates seem expensive).

Things will be back to normal soon.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

El°HYM wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:14 pm … I know a bit about how stressful situations can put the body/health down in a bad way... so please sir, take this weekend off or just spend some time with other/better things, you certainly have to do. :phones:

Many thanks & Good health!
Good advice. Thank you, Markus –take care now!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”