Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:35 pm - Thomann is a reseller of Best Service products who are a reseller of Tone2 products. That's why after all fees and taxes only 20€ remain for us

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through our own webshop (www.tone2.com) after April the 1st get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller between April the 1st and November the 29th 16:00 get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller after November the 30th 16:00 through a 3rd party reseller will be able to ugrade for the difference price.

- Icarus2 will not be distributed through a 3rd party reseller

- Icarus2 will be the final synthesizer that i will release, since i have health problems and it is not longer economic for us to develop new products. After this one there will be only free updates and soundsets
I think this is fair.
I would encourage you to post it everywhere the pricing for Icarus 2 has been discussed by you.
Kudos for doing this.
rsp
sound sculptist

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:35 pm - Thomann is a reseller of Best Service products who are a reseller of Tone2 products. That's why after all fees and taxes only 20€ remain for us

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through our own webshop (www.tone2.com) after April the 1st get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller between April the 1st and November the 29th 16:00 get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller after November the 30th 16:00 through a 3rd party reseller will be able to ugrade for the difference price.

- Icarus2 will be the final synthesizer that i will release, since i have health problems and it is not longer economic for us to develop new products. After this one there will be only free updates and soundsets
This seems like a good resolution to me. :)

Look forward to the release of Icarus 2.

And why that whole reseller path? Why not sell your products exclusively on your site?

The last item on your list is kind of a bomb in the small print. I suppose the cheap/discount/sale mentality is hard to survive, especially when you are located in one of the most expensive regions of Germany. Add to that the silly law allowing license transfers...

At least you don't have to worry about your healthcare bills in a country with universal healthcare. I hope it is nothing serious such as cancer :?

El°HYM wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:14 pm

What a rollercoaster of a thread... I think Markus just solved All of our complaints & diverse opinions on the issue/topic... Also in a good way, with listening to what was written above. It seems a pretty fair solution for everyone involved.

On a sidenote; most of us would be glad to not hear of you until the final Release of Icarus 2 (: Not because of disrespect but I know a bit about how stressful situations can put the body/health down in a bad way... so please sir, take this weekend off or just spend some time with other/better things, you certainly have to do. :phones:

Many thanks & Good health!
He just had enough of all you crying babies here. I totally understand that: Rather less money then this stupid comments over and over again. Now your life is amazing again as you got a real bargain and v2 for free. Are you feeling good now?
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

rlared wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:32 pm Marcus I'd be happy to make a $20 donation to help with the health issues. I know it's not a lot but if you set up a link maybe others will too.
I would also like to make a donation. Please let me know.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Cinebient wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:02 pm As usual the other half is always complaining....whatever you do.
Sad to hear about the health problems and that there might be no more big new projects.
Would be another loss in the plug-in market.
Well, maybe do an iOS app :) (cheap but no piracy, a more friendly community and not such a saturated market....yet)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
feels apropriate.... -> :arrow:
:-o :shock: :phew:
and if someone is already thinking deeeeeeper inside the box.....
...... so..
... section, 6, 7, 8, .... , .... could had been done too ;) .....
Last edited by tasty tatsyn on Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vertion wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:42 pm
rlared wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:32 pm Marcus I'd be happy to make a $20 donation to help with the health issues. I know it's not a lot but if you set up a link maybe others will too.
Did you guys know that we have some good health care here? I mean, it's really heart warming and stuff... but, Markus might not need any of this.

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:47 pm
Did you guys know that we have some good health care here? I mean, it's really heart warming and stuff... but, Markus might not need any of this.
Glad to hear your health care is good but the offer still stands if he wants it.

Sad to hear about your health issues, Markus. Good health!!!!

And even more sad that Icarus2 will be your last synth, probably your master piece. Germany is loosing one of it's Synth programming masters.
When looking back I think Icarus1 was only the second synth I bought after a long period of using free vst synths only ... and after Massive Icarus was the second revelation ... The wavetable importer is still top notch leader of the pack in my eyes.

Cheers, good health, thanks for the synths and good bye to you, Markus!
] Peter:H [

rlared wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:54 pm
Glad to hear your health care is good but the offer still stands if he wants it.
TBH, if i had some "serious" health issues, the last thing I'd do would be begging on the internet, but, hey...

What you do is your thing, of course.

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:02 pm
TBH, if i had some "serious" health issues, the last thing I'd do would be begging on the internet, but, hey...

If it really didn´t matter to you what others think about it or want to help someone in any way, you wouldn´t write or comment. Now I understand what Markus meant with "toxic" and he is right.

Yeah, very toxic.

What he really meant is probably the discussions about Tone2's copy protection, which are omnipresent whenever there is a trhead about one of their products. Or the long discussions about their pricing scheme, or the way they present their plugins. I never gave them a bash for that, by the way. Simply because i don't agree with most of what has been said, mostly by people without any attitude, or any knowledge about the products, or any interest in them.

If he's anything like me, then his health is his private matter. Not something strangers on the internet should care about.

of course I don't know Markus.
Maybe he was just looking for compassion. But maybe he was just being sincere with his explanation on why he quits.
I know i would probably mention it too instead of making up something or mentioning that why i quit is none of your concerns
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

chk071: Why so contemptuous? Can you not keep your hatred private? That’s the worst sickness of all. Be kind and have compassion and empathy for the hardships of others. Markus is a good person and it’s ok to be nice.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:02 pm

Dude what is your problem. . .

Return to “Instruments”