ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Reefius wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:48 pm
msvs wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:42 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqW0aCm2okY
I hate that Youtube channel, everything that guy does is paid for. Nothing honest about it.
So, he's like any other vlogger? Scandal!

Reefius wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:16 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:32 pm Huh... I don't have any issues with the TV Movie Game expansion, but there again I don't have any of those names at all (except B Runner Drums if that's the same, and that is working). I have 44 presets in this XP... is that what you have?
That's weird, for me this expansion has 86 presets.
Ah yes, that’s almost double what I have, but could be that this half are the ones that are not loading correctly for you. Seems like an XP problem indeed.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I've deleted my Nexus content folder and I'm redownloading everything now. No idea where all those extra presets came from, I've owned Nexus 2 since 2013. I do remember those presets were working in Nexus 2.
Is it possible they had to remove these presets because of copyright issues? I know some of them sounded almost exactly the same as in the original movies or TV shows.

Reefius wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:50 am I've deleted my Nexus content folder and I'm redownloading everything now. No idea where all those extra presets came from, I've owned Nexus 2 since 2013. I do remember those presets were working in Nexus 2.
Is it possible they had to remove these presets because of copyright issues? I know some of them sounded almost exactly the same as in the original movies or TV shows.
That sounds entirely possible actually - I remember being very surprised at some of them being so close. They were fun to have but wonder if they had to withdraw them.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Check reFX Cloud Dudes, i got an Update on ALL Expansions

thanks,same here..
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

plrdmus wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:16 pm I'm just wondering... a lot of people use computers for music production that are completely offline so they don't have to deal with updates, virus and many other stuff.
Nexus 3 requires internet connection once every 30 days. Does that mean they'll never be able to use the plugin?
Wow...
Ok, so I have to stick to N2, in that case. All of my computers (3 of them) in the studio are ALWAYS offline, when I have to send smth I copy it on a usb stick and plug it in on my laptop.
Also, I tend to work as hard as I can 9-10 months a year so I could spend 2-3 months at the beach house during summer with no internet connection, working on a personal project that totally feeds my soul, so forcing me to go online is a bummer, I'd prefer to stick to my e-licenser if possible.

maniacoli wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:10 am Check reFX Cloud Dudes, i got an Update on ALL Expansions
yep. Updating now.Thanks.

No Sale on the Starter? That's not a cool Christmas for me. :cry:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

ReboundAudio wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:54 am No Sale on the Starter? That's not a cool Christmas for me. :cry:
Disappointed. I was ready to grab a bunch of expansion expecting 50% off. Not this year.

SoundForSoul wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:36 am
plrdmus wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:16 pm I'm just wondering... a lot of people use computers for music production that are completely offline so they don't have to deal with updates, virus and many other stuff.
Nexus 3 requires internet connection once every 30 days. Does that mean they'll never be able to use the plugin?
Wow...
Ok, so I have to stick to N2, in that case. All of my computers (3 of them) in the studio are ALWAYS offline, when I have to send smth I copy it on a usb stick and plug it in on my laptop.
Also, I tend to work as hard as I can 9-10 months a year so I could spend 2-3 months at the beach house during summer with no internet connection, working on a personal project that totally feeds my soul, so forcing me to go online is a bummer, I'd prefer to stick to my e-licenser if possible.
Dude, you'd be better off with a guitar. It doesn't even need electricity!

ReboundAudio wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:54 am No Sale on the Starter? That's not a cool Christmas for me. :cry:
you can buy Tone2 synths.
they are on sale now.
look at thomann and bestservice

Is $250 the discounted price for Nexus 3 Starter? I don't see any mention of discount coupon anywhere and think that's the normal price?

Also, Nexus 3 is done with dongle, which is great, but what's the hassle with registration/activation now?

noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:26 am
Reefius wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:16 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:32 pm Huh... I don't have any issues with the TV Movie Game expansion, but there again I don't have any of those names at all (except B Runner Drums if that's the same, and that is working). I have 44 presets in this XP... is that what you have?
That's weird, for me this expansion has 86 presets.
Ah yes, that’s almost double what I have, but could be that this half are the ones that are not loading correctly for you. Seems like an XP problem indeed.
The mystery continues - had 44 TV Movie Game presets on my MacBook Pro, which I installed a day or two after the main windows rig. Checked main rig, and it had all the presets you had, but they were just init patches under the hood in just the same way. Now re-installed everything on the main rig, but all the dodgy init patches are still there.

???
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

so before upgrading i got some questions to you guys:

1. will my old projects load without problems and play everything unaltered?
2. there are some nexus 2 user preset packs available, i dont know what they did if these are custom made or whatever, will these load as well?
3. i got a lot of XPs, will these also be unaltered?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”