DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

It's not complicated once one knows how it works. But one has to get there first.

e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:37 pm It's not complicated once one knows how it works. But one has to get there first.
I'm sorry, do you really expect different anywhere you go in life? I mean isn't what you just described also called growth?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:37 pm It's not complicated once one knows how it works. But one has to get there first.
takes a second :roll:

it's one of the easiest synths around.

do you know how everything works instantly?

refusing to read a manual when need and moaning about trivialities.... sounds like someone who thinks they know it all but doesn't, and is not willing to learn :roll:

Hink wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:40 pm
I'm sorry, do you really expect different anywhere you go in life? I mean isn't what you just described also called growth?
I don't understand your first question.
The use of inappropriate terminology doesn't make me grow, no.

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:49 pm
takes a second :roll:

it's one of the easiest synths around.

do you know how everything works instantly?

refusing to read a manual when need and moaning about trivialities.... sounds like someone who thinks they know it all but doesn't, and is not willing to learn :roll:
With every other synth I have used so far, indeed, no need to check manuals.
Nor am I moaning, just pointing out...
I would not waste the word 'learn' on something like Dune 3. It's merely about understanding, ideally in an intuitive way.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:43 am I would say that' standard for any modern production, not only EDM. Layering vocals has been a commonplace for decades now.
With vocals I can understand because the human voice is like a one-oscillator synth, i.e. rather thin, especially when it needs to fight exaggerated instruments all around it.

e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:22 pm
Hink wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:40 pm
I don't understand your first question.
The use of inappropriate terminology doesn't make me grow, no.
when I was young and got my first guitar at 12 years old (1971) I was looking at amps for my first amp (guitar amp, me and my dad rebuilt an old tube ham radio amp which was my first amp)...I recall that same feeling when I went into the big store in Boston (E.U. Wurlitzer) and checked out expensive amps. I was so confused at first, the ones I saw then didn't even have a master volume, the thing was I didnt see anything called volume but gain did the same thing...I thought why did they do that, call it something it isn't (I wont even go into my original questions about presence :hihi: ) but I then understood so all was well.

I fail to see your beef...voices vs layers? Now that you know the two are synonymous why just move on?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Huh?! I have moved on, but, being a polite person, of course I reply to all posts directed at me. So I have to come back to it, unfortunately.

Regarding gain vs volume, I don't think gain has any other, established meaning in music equipment the way voice does. Makes me wonder, what is the polyphony of Dune 3, i.e. the number of notes one can play simultaneously? Probably not 8 as in 8 "voices".

the point is obvious, in this world we have a lot of terms that people use...also sub groups tend to use their own jargon/vernacular...it's not wrong, it's different and if you have a problem with that it's a you problem and not necessarily a problem with the product or company :shrug:

e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:04 pm Makes me wonder, what is the polyphony of Dune 3, i.e. the number of notes one can play simultaneously? Probably not 8 as in 8 "voices".
you can set the polyphony yourself... funnily enough, it's on the GUI marked "polyphony"

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:15 pm
e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:04 pm Makes me wonder, what is the polyphony of Dune 3, i.e. the number of notes one can play simultaneously? Probably not 8 as in 8 "voices".
you can set the polyphony yourself... funnily enough, it's on the GUI marked "polyphony"
'Yes, found it right before my computer crashed :)
16 voice-polyphony...

Hink wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:11 pm the point is obvious, in this world we have a lot of terms that people use...also sub groups tend to use their own jargon/vernacular...it's not wrong, it's different and if you have a problem with that it's a you problem and not necessarily a problem with the product or company :shrug:
I guess my job doesn't help. It is all about technical terminology, so my brain is very much into consistency, accuracy, unambiguousness, etc.

e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 pm
Hink wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:11 pm the point is obvious, in this world we have a lot of terms that people use...also sub groups tend to use their own jargon/vernacular...it's not wrong, it's different and if you have a problem with that it's a you problem and not necessarily a problem with the product or company :shrug:
I guess my job doesn't help. It is all about technical terminology, so my brain is very much into consistency, accuracy, unambiguousness, etc.
adapting to the terminology different developers use should be important to someone... whose work is all about 'technical terminology'.

fisherKing wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:29 pm adapting to the terminology different developers use should be important to someone... whose work is all about 'technical terminology'.
No, I often have to correct wrong terms in texts.
When a company comes up with a new term, I don't care, but using an established term inappropriately is a different story.

how many other complaints from other users have you heard on this?

Return to “Instruments”