NEW: Waves Abbey Road Chambers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abbey Road Chambers

Update: Sorted.

Before you moved your track: Nice track Harry_HH. :tu:
Last edited by Aloysius on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:I bought the wup deal (see above). Waves Support tell me I can't use it to renew my wup. Bloomin' 'eck. What is wrong with these people? I've asked them for a step-by-step guide on how to apply the coupon as I can't make much sense out of their website. If anybody else knows how, please let me know.

Nice track Harry_HH. :tu:
Thank you, you were really quick... I moved the track to the Music Cafe.

I was ready to buy this and downloaded the trial right away. I must say, I'm a bit underwhelmed. The STEED feature is kind of cool, but I have several great reverb plugins that sound fantastic and use much less CPU. I think I can get closer to the classic "chamber" sound with Valhalla Plate or Seventh Heaven Professional (which also has a delay in the feedback path).

I'll keep playing with it though.

Bought it more for the Steed delay unit rather than the reverb section but that bit is nice sounding too - That along with the different mic, speaker and room type is definitely worth the $29 (though I'd never pick it up full price!)

Anyone know how to merge the waveshells - I've now got three of the buggers: Waveshell v9 (hosts all my v9 stuff), Waveshell v10 (hosting almost all my v10) and Waveshell2 v10 (just hosting this plugin). I'm guessing v9 and 10 have to be separate but I've no idea why I have 2x v10 waveshells - Tried deleting them both and reinstalling, but get the same 2 Waveshell 10s again !

Was wondering about the 2 v10 waveshells. Seems a bit odd
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

For now, this is the way it is. You are confirming the installation results.

See here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=508424&p=7129053#p7129053

For now, you can't consolidate. This is similar to what happened to V9.

That is all.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

comfortablynick wrote:I was ready to buy this and downloaded the trial right away. I must say, I'm a bit underwhelmed. The STEED feature is kind of cool, but I have several great reverb plugins that sound fantastic and use much less CPU. I think I can get closer to the classic "chamber" sound with Valhalla Plate or Seventh Heaven Professional (which also has a delay in the feedback path).

I'll keep playing with it though.
I do quite like the STEED feature as well. I'm liking how you can use it independently of the Chamber too.

Valhalla & Seventh Heaven do make quite spectacular sounding reverbs. They certainly have their strengths, they even might sit in your mixes much more easily upfront. Certainly much more ideal.

The Abbey Roads reverbs are something very different. They are much more dense sounding and old school vibe. Much like the real thing you have to work a bit harder to get it to sit in the mix, but that's exactly what old school engineers had to go through. They weren't point for choose unlike us.

I'd say they more compliment our more modern reverb designs than replace them. You don't have to be going after a Beatles or a Stones sound, I'm certainly not much of a fan. Any time you want an old school sound or that studio session sound, or even a more roots type of sound, I'd go more for the Abbey Road plugins personally. That's partly where they shine and can compliment our other reverbs.

J4R1O wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:00 pm
"Waves Abbey Road Collection registers as single plugins in your account. This is normal due to our agreement with Abbey Road Studios. When additional Waves Abbey Road plugins are added to the line, you will have the option to add them at a special introductory price. You are welcome to purchase it separately for the current special intro price of $29, if you wish to own it.

Alternatively, you can upgrade to the current Abbey Road Collection (including Chambers) at the "Upgrade" section of your Waves account. This will not only add the Chambers, but one year of Waves Update Plan for your Abbey Road plugins.
"

I just bought the collection two days ago and now there is another plugin :dog:

VincentVega wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:35 pm
"Waves Abbey Road Collection registers as single plugins in your account. This is normal due to our agreement with Abbey Road Studios. When additional Waves Abbey Road plugins are added to the line, you will have the option to add them at a special introductory price. You are welcome to purchase it separately for the current special intro price of $29, if you wish to own it.

Alternatively, you can upgrade to the current Abbey Road Collection (including Chambers) at the "Upgrade" section of your Waves account. This will not only add the Chambers, but one year of Waves Update Plan for your Abbey Road plugins.
"

$24.00 to upgrade the bundle and get the new plugin

I’d like to see this done with all the rooms in the Motown studio.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Pingafuego wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 pm
VincentVega wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:35 pm

"

$24.00 to upgrade the bundle and get the new plugin
They need to learn from Izotope, who updated the last MPS considering a "grace period" for who bought it in the last months bofore the new version was released.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:57 pm I’d like to see this done with all the rooms in the Motown studio.
Hell yeah!! Even if it's not as sonically refined, it more about creating an atmosphere, a vibe that can put you in a more inspiring place.

Return to “Effects”