ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

I keep backups of everything, so I just checked the old Presets folder which contains only fxp files for all presets.
It contained 5434 files and 42 folders.
My new Presets folder contains 5203 files and 41 folders.

The 1 less folder is because one of my expansions got renamed and I had it in there under both the old and the new name.
This expansion has 151 presets, so I need to subtract this from the 5434 files, resulting in 5283.

This means I actually lost 5283 - 5203 = 80 presets, and I don't even own that many expansions. I can imagine people who own the complete bundle have lost a few hundred presets.

Permanently stuck on activating. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still can't activate. N3 is unusable for me.

What a clusterf***

Reefius wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:09 pm ferent numbers for some of the expansions.

Refx, WTF is this??? :evil:
If its any help, im still on N2 (and will probably stay on it!) and I have 129 for Hlw2 core and 128 for dance 2, so mine match your post-delete numbers. I have no idea why you had so many extra before the new changes, but it seems you're set now.

commodore wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:27 pm Reefius, would you be willing to send those screen shots to refx in a ticket? maybe they can answer quickly.
Ticket created, but I think I can predict the reply... We don't own anything, we only have a license to use the software and the presets, so they can remove whatever they want.

Reefius wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:43 pm
commodore wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:27 pm Reefius, would you be willing to send those screen shots to refx in a ticket? maybe they can answer quickly.
Ticket created, but I think I can predict the reply... We don't own anything, we only have a license to use the software and the presets, so they can remove whatever they want.
Did you see my post above? It looks like you've got the right numbers now and your library was messed up beforehand.

m-ac wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:52 pm
Did you see my post above? It looks like you've got the right numbers now and your library was messed up beforehand.
Yes I did see it. I already got a reply to my ticket and they told me some presets got renamed recently, so I had the old ones and the new ones. This would explain the small differences for some expansions, but not the HUGE difference in the TV Movie Game expansion (from 86 to 44).

I remember playing around with the Axel F preset because it sounded almost exactly like the original theme song from Beverly Hills Cop. This preset, along with many others, is now nowhere to be found. In fact, I now have a preset named 'Crazy Axel' which is still kinda recognisable as the Axel F theme song, but without the typical bass melody from the original.

I replied to my ticket, asking them if these presets were removed/replaced for copyright reasons, because that's what it looks like.

Reefius wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:17 pm
Yes I did see it. I already got a reply to my ticket and they told me some presets got renamed recently, so I had the old ones and the new ones. This would explain the small differences for some expansions, but not the HUGE difference in the TV Movie Game expansion (from 86 to 44).

I remember playing around with the Axel F preset because it sounded almost exactly like the original theme song from Beverly Hills Cop. This preset, along with many others, is now nowhere to be found. In fact, I now have a preset named 'Crazy Axel' which is still kinda recognisable as the Axel F theme song, but without the typical bass melody from the original.

I replied to my ticket, asking them if these presets were removed/replaced for copyright reasons, because that's what it looks like.
I hope I can get a reply that fast. I filed a ticket several hours ago. I can't even use N3 period, it gets stuck in an endless activation loop.

It's early days and it smells like a big fat bug to me. But on the other hand, I remember being met with both hostility and ridicule when making 3rd party soundsets for N2, so who knows? Maybe reFX have gone full paranoid and won't let users make their own edits / alterations / presets. Hope not.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

No, he is right. The following 42 original presets of this particular expansion disappeared:

Code: Select all

BR Real Blade Runner!.fxp
DL Blade Runner Drums.fxp
DL Hart to Hart Beat.fxp
DL Knight Rider Beat.fxp
FX Back to the Future G 160BPM.fxp
FX Max Riff G 140BPM.fxp
LD Knight Rider Lead.fxp
PN Cpt Future Piano.fxp
SQ Airwolf 1 A# 135BPM.fxp
SQ Airwolf 2 A# 135BPM.fxp
SQ Axel F Beat.fxp
SQ Axel F F 117BPM.fxp
SQ Blade G# 136BPM.fxp
SQ Blade Runner C 114BPM.fxp
SQ Capt. Fut Intro F 128BPM.fxp
SQ Capt. Future F 128BPM.fxp
SQ Central Park F 120BPM.fxp
SQ Chipmunks!  C 162BPM.fxp
SQ Das Boot C# 140 BPM.fxp
SQ Ghostbusters B 115BPM.fxp
SQ Halloween F# 130BPM.fxp
SQ Hart to Hart D 145BPM.fxp
SQ Knight Rider F# 114B.fxp
SQ Lost Patrol G 90BPM.fxp
SQ Lotus II D 130BPM.fxp
SQ Lotus II Intro D 130 BPM.fxp
SQ Mac Gyver D# 145BPM.fxp
SQ Magnum E 130BPM.fxp
SQ MaxHeadroom G 140BPM.fxp
SQ Miami Vice A 116BPM.fxp
SQ Missn Impssbl G 95BPM.fxp
SQ Monkey Island E 85BPM.fxp
SQ Neverending Story C 144BPM.fxp
SQ R-Type D# 125BPM.fxp
SQ SledgeHammer A160BPM.fxp
SQ The Addams A# 180BPM.fxp
SQ The Saint G# 150BPM.fxp
SQ The Terminator D 90BPM.fxp
SQ The Tripods A 120BPM.fxp
SQ Turrican 1 D# 185BPM.fxp
SQ Turrican 1+ D# 185BP.fxp
SQ Turrican 2 D# 185BPM.fxp

How long does it usually take reFX to respond to tickets?

X86 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:34 pm How long does it usually take reFX to respond to tickets?
Usually for me it's been a couple hours or so, sometimes sooner, sometimes a little longer, but not more than a day.

commodore wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:47 pm
X86 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:34 pm How long does it usually take reFX to respond to tickets?
Usually for me it's been a couple hours or so, sometimes sooner, sometimes a little longer, but not more than a day.
Ok cool, thanks.

They're usually super fast. I have to admit that I usually got an answer within 12 hours.
But it should be clear to any logically thinking person that they are probably having insane stress after such a big and transforming (cloud concept) release. So I'd just give it a little patience.

Yes. Never take away presets from a....ROMPLER! Without a preset it is nothing.

Presets returned please.

steve.lindqvist wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:27 pm
No, he is right. The following 42 original presets of this particular expansion disappeared:

Code: Select all

BR Real Blade Runner!.fxp
DL Blade Runner Drums.fxp
DL Hart to Hart Beat.fxp
DL Knight Rider Beat.fxp
FX Back to the Future G 160BPM.fxp
FX Max Riff G 140BPM.fxp
LD Knight Rider Lead.fxp
PN Cpt Future Piano.fxp
SQ Airwolf 1 A# 135BPM.fxp
SQ Airwolf 2 A# 135BPM.fxp
SQ Axel F Beat.fxp
SQ Axel F F 117BPM.fxp
SQ Blade G# 136BPM.fxp
SQ Blade Runner C 114BPM.fxp
SQ Capt. Fut Intro F 128BPM.fxp
SQ Capt. Future F 128BPM.fxp
SQ Central Park F 120BPM.fxp
SQ Chipmunks!  C 162BPM.fxp
SQ Das Boot C# 140 BPM.fxp
SQ Ghostbusters B 115BPM.fxp
SQ Halloween F# 130BPM.fxp
SQ Hart to Hart D 145BPM.fxp
SQ Knight Rider F# 114B.fxp
SQ Lost Patrol G 90BPM.fxp
SQ Lotus II D 130BPM.fxp
SQ Lotus II Intro D 130 BPM.fxp
SQ Mac Gyver D# 145BPM.fxp
SQ Magnum E 130BPM.fxp
SQ MaxHeadroom G 140BPM.fxp
SQ Miami Vice A 116BPM.fxp
SQ Missn Impssbl G 95BPM.fxp
SQ Monkey Island E 85BPM.fxp
SQ Neverending Story C 144BPM.fxp
SQ R-Type D# 125BPM.fxp
SQ SledgeHammer A160BPM.fxp
SQ The Addams A# 180BPM.fxp
SQ The Saint G# 150BPM.fxp
SQ The Terminator D 90BPM.fxp
SQ The Tripods A 120BPM.fxp
SQ Turrican 1 D# 185BPM.fxp
SQ Turrican 1+ D# 185BP.fxp
SQ Turrican 2 D# 185BPM.fxp
Ah yeah, I guess the tv movie game expansion is a unique case. Yeah, that's out of order if refx have straight up deleted them without saying. Anyway, I'm off to play with my full range of tv movie game presets. NEXUS 2 crew, make some noise! :lol:

Return to “Instruments”