ANA 2 questions - if you got avenger & rapid

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys what a low price, but i guess ANA 2 doesnt have more to offer cause i demoed it atm and i really liked the sound and workflow but it doesnt really bring more to the table if you got the other 2 synths does it? i love the sampler but sadly it doesnt have a sync&granular function
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It does have sync (it's a knob labeled "Sync" under the OSC window). It does not have granular but then it's rare a granular engine sounds good (one of the best I heard is Falcon's IRCAM).

ANA worth having for few reasons, in "my" opinion:
1. it's very light on CPU and memory (like 5x smaller ram footprint than Avenger)
2. it has the best filters of all 3 (Rapid/Avenger)
3. copy protection is a simple license file, you won't ever be locked out of using the synth because HW changes etc. (although, I must specify that they did implement a way of activating online for Kick2.1, but it doesn't look like they'll do the same with ANA2)
4. no nasty bugs like daw freezes or crashes

5. It has the best Arp

About the only drawback of ANA2 is its presets, in my humble opinion. They are all over the place regarding loudness, and they are not that great. To me it doesn't matter much as I love to make my own presets, but it might matter to others. :wink:

It is also a bit on the buggy side in my experience, but v2 is pretty new, and the latest version resolved a lot of bugs, so I have no doubts it will only get better soon. Great sounding and performing synth! :tu:

It's great that it is not that heavy on the CPU and RAM as the other synths mentioned. The developers deserve at least some praise for that. I'm not really fond of wasteful synths like Avenger, but on the other hand Avenger can play multiple sounds in one instance, through different outputs... that's really good. I'd like to see that implemented in ANA2 [or 3 :)] Sampler OSCs could also be a bit more flexible.

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:36 pm About the only drawback of ANA2 is its presets, in my humble opinion. They are all over the place regarding loudness, and they are not that great. To me it doesn't matter much as I love to make my own presets, but it might matter to others. :wink:

It is also a bit on the buggy side in my experience, but v2 is pretty new, and the latest version resolved a lot of bugs, so I have no doubts it will only get better soon. Great sounding and performing synth! :tu:

It's great that it is not that heavy on the CPU and RAM as the other synths mentioned. The developers deserve at least some praise for that. I'm not really fond of wasteful synths like Avenger, but on the other hand Avenger can play multiple sounds in one instance, through different outputs... that's really good. I'd like to see that implemented in ANA2 [or 3 :)] Sampler OSCs could also be a bit more flexible.

Cheers!
What exactly is buggy? There are ergonomic things that can be improved, but other than that it doesn't crash the daw (or at least my experience so far).

As for (pseudo) multi-timbral aspect, unless one does very specific live stuff, there's no need for that. Falcon is multi-timbral and I rarely fire up multiple patches in the same instance. because it loads a single core (same for Avenger, although the devs insist on it being multicore, in real life scenario it is not). More, channels = more uniform core load = bigger projects with no hiccups on playback.

DuX wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:36 pm About the only drawback of ANA2 is its presets, in my humble opinion. They are all over the place regarding loudness, and they are not that great. To me it doesn't matter much as I love to make my own presets, but it might matter to others. :wink:
I strongly disagree. I think the presets are excellent and really show off the wide range of sounds possible, from fat basses to really gritty leads and arps to sublime pads.

My beefs are mostly the sampler and the inconsistency of windows and navigation.
Tweaking some sampler controls actually move other parameters. This should never happen.
And the middle window has tabs, which all open to different sizes with different places to close the windows. This is disorienting. When there is a page with tabs, the tabs should stay visible and the place where you close the window should stay in the same place. ANA's windows are random sizes and you constantly feel like you are looking for the close button and is annoying to get to other pages/tabs.They really need to change this. Also don't love the little text.

thx guys i boughti t , for 50 bucks it is like a preset pack for avenger
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

ANA2 is one of those synths that grows on you despite little niggles here and there and I don't think you'll ever regret buying it. I know I won't. :) And I pick my synths very carefully.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Anyone know what's their license resell policy? I did a search but didn't find any info. However I see a few people have successfully sold their Kick 2 and Ana 2 license here.
Nothing came up on their site/knowledgebase either.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:57 am Anyone know what's their license resell policy? I did a search but didn't find any info. However I see a few people have successfully sold their Kick 2 and Ana 2 license here.
Nothing came up on their site/knowledgebase either.
Did you check their forum? I think I saw the info there. If not, I'd ask in their Facebook group, they're super responsive.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:51 pm ANA's windows are random sizes and you constantly feel like you are looking for the close button and is annoying to get to other pages/tabs.They really need to change this. Also don't love the little text.
Exactly what I felt when I tried the demo. The synth sounds very good and the current price is very tempting, but constantly looking for the close button to switch windows completely took away the fun. After 10 min of programming a patch I was so exhausted that I had to close the plugin.

Also, the oscillator section is way to small. Should at least have 2 osc windows visible at the same time. Constantly switch between them is annoying.

I know I won’t use it for these reasons. To bad, since it has a very appealing sound.

satYatunes wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:57 amAnyone know what's their license resell policy? I did a search but didn't find any info. However I see a few people have successfully sold their Kick 2 and Ana 2 license here.
Their own forum frequently mentions the seller has to contact their support to arrange transfer.

You may want to check with them directly, especially about potential upgrades and their pricing. I had a bit of a surprise there:
nevis wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 pm - I was upset about the pricing. I did buy ANA1 second hand. After paying a GBP 10 license transfer fee, I expected to receive "the" upgrade price to ANA2. Turned out my upgrade price was significantly higher because in Sonic Academy's logic: I "only" paid the license transfer fee which counted towards my upgrade price

So the bottom line is:
1. It is transferrable by contacting their support
2. 10 GBP transfer fee
3. New user may not get the upgrade price

It's skinnable so I was thinking of making one but I don't think I will buy it now. ^^^ Thanks for your response.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

After a couple of tests I happened to really like the sound and UI - more so then of Avenger. Market is a strange thing, and ANA 2 deserves much more - it sounds really good.
Got it as a gift for my friend, as I've already got too much. Hope this tool will help to start his experiments :)

upd: after playing with filter on the "WahWah Guitar" preset, got both ANA 2 and Kick for my friend and me. OMG sudden purchases!
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:27 am OMG sudden purchases!
For me too. This sounds indeed topnotch.
When it came out I found the little fonts out of bad, they seemed to update it in this regards.
The dark skin is very ok.
Sound is georgeous. That filter drive is so smooth. 49€ nobrainer!
:party:
The average bored guy

Return to “Instruments”