Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Did you guys log in to https://register.vps-avenger.com/login
click manage activations
scroll to bottom of webpage, click rehost (which I believe removes all activations from your computer).
Then, once that is done, click on Activate licenses, choose the licenses you want associated, then activate.
THEN open you DAW and Avenger to see what it needs, but it should be done after that.

You have to remove your licenses this way, then reactivate them. That was described at some point in this thread, but that worked for me and others.

I think I used to have CodeMeter when I used Reason. Is it possible to check the status of the activation and/or "refresh it" manually before going on a trip or will be offline for a 7-14 day span? I travel abroad and during those times I'm making music, but internet is spotty and/or limited bandwidth.

If it's not currently able to be refreshed manually, that might feature / solution for some here. At least for me, as someone who's interested in buying, and had issues when I needed internet the most. (Not DAW/Licenses specific but other critical things like checking in for a flight, e-signing contracts)

Thanks for the consideration!

@goleat

Dude I feel your pain. But that's not right. And sharing that you are using cracked software here will get you banned. At this point I am missing a license. So I get it. It is frustrating, but it usually works itself out in short order. I think waiting till Black Friday to release these products was a mad plan. People are buying for the first time, adding expansions, etc...and they are asking us to update? No wonder their servers failed! But, still it will work out.

Avenger is a great product. Codemeter is a hassle but that is where we are in time based on the fact that you are able to get cracked software.

This year I learned from last year. I took on no new projects and finished the last of the paid ones up before even logging into KVR. Sadly Windows also updated simultaneously with all of this crap and shut my system down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5HfDIwNI8w

I've been following this discussion and got a lot of good advice from everyone about how to successfully update to 1.5. I have to say, the process couldn't have gone more smoothly. I'm not trying to downplay the problems some people have had - in fact, I feel like I learned from everyone's experiences and avoided problems that I might have had on my own. But, there's been a lot of handwringing about this update so I just wanted to share a good experience for those people sitting on the fence. I did back up my 1.4.10 version in case things didn't work out, but so far, I don't see any reason that I'll be going back to it. Just being able to open up the mod matrix is enough reason to stay put! Thanks to everyone who posted advice about what worked and didn't work for them while installing. It definitely helped!

HELP :help:

Presets from just-purchased Cinematic 2 are missing.

Some work, and some don't.

Avenger is registering midi coming in and shows the keys being played on the virtual keyboard but no sound.

Other presets work fine.

I'm on v152 and everything else seems well except for this.

Anyone got any clues?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

commodore wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:50 pm Did you guys log in to https://register.vps-avenger.com/login
click manage activations
scroll to bottom of webpage, click rehost (which I believe removes all activations from your computer).
Then, once that is done, click on Activate licenses, choose the licenses you want associated, then activate.
THEN open you DAW and Avenger to see what it needs, but it should be done after that.

You have to remove your licenses this way, then reactivate them. That was described at some point in this thread, but that worked for me and others.
Hi commodore, if that's a reply to me, the issue is with 1.4.10 and the fact that there is no way to license that version any longer. This needs to be fixed as I'm sure not all existing users will upgrade to 1.5 because of issues/concerns with CodeMeter. If you swap a hard disk your system ID changes and you can no longer use Avenger :cry:

MikeCallon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:33 pm
commodore wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:50 pm Did you guys log in to https://register.vps-avenger.com/login
click manage activations

Hi commodore, if that's a reply to me, the issue is with 1.4.10 and the fact that there is no way to license that version any longer. This needs to be fixed as I'm sure not all existing users will upgrade to 1.5 because of issues/concerns with CodeMeter. If you swap a hard disk your system ID changes and you can no longer use Avenger :cry:
Ahhh ok. Didn’t realize you were trying the old version. I’m sure there would be a way around a HD’s replacement. But I’m not an expert on that. I notice you can activate up to 3 times though it seems, although I haven’t tried or needed to. I’d just upgrade, its very good. 👌

probabbly later today you will be able again to authorize and download XPs like before with your 1.4.10 via VMAN. So again anyone who wants to stay with it, he is fine. If someone has no installer anymore he can get a DL link from Rene, otherwise the VMAN also allows to download it.

msvs, by Vman you mean from within the plugin or will we be able to license from the popup that opens when launching Avenger when it can't find the license? (or are they the same thing?)

V1.53 fixed the cross-FM crash for me. Don't know about any other changes. A pity that Rene didn't listen to me regarding the cpu spikes, I send him a comparison of cpu load using all the recent vst workstation synths. Avenger by far is the only synth on the planet having these spikes. I am sure that it is possible to improve this abnormal behaviour. Btw. my CPU is way faster than Manuel's.

Nice to read you guys decided to keep the 1.4 system running. Doesn't look like a lot of server effort. So I guess keeping isn't a question of additional costs then. Since you use Hetzner ( :hihi: ).

I just stay with the 1.4 branch, the only thing I will be missing is the (I heard it's there) bigger mod matrix. Is there a download source for old versions, in case I need to reinstall? TIA.

The new analog filter sounds nice, too!

I'm looking at picking up Avenger but I'm having doubts based on this thread and the codemeter issues.
Bitwig Studio 4, NI Maschine, Reason+, Studio One 5, FL Studio, Avenger, Omnisphere

Just downloaded today easy and hassle free

scoplunk wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 pm I have to say, the process couldn't have gone more smoothly.
. . .
But, there's been a lot of handwringing about this update
As is normal. This has been my experience with almost everything that people make a big fuss about. I still haven’t installed 1.5, partly because I’m wary about activation issues, but mostly because I’m working lots of overtime and reinstalling all my expansions, the factory library, and learning about codemeter sounds rather like a bigger pain in the ass than I’m willing to undertake when I have just an hour or two a day to play music.

I have no doubt that some few people have had frustrating issues with cm, but ilok and elicenser and UAD and even uhe have been the subject of copy protection outrage in the past and I find them all perfectly usable (and in the case of uhe, downright consumer friendly)

The only protection that I’ve found to be more trouble than it’s worth is ilok cloud. But I won’t get into that.

Hopefully I don’t put my foot in my mouth and come back in here in a few days having been unable to activate avenger lol. But I expect it to work smoothly just like almost everything does

Btw Manuel- is there a change log anywhere for the little updates that have come out in the last couple days? I saw 1.5.2 and (albeit I’m on mobile right now) I’ve heard there’s now a 1.5.3

Return to “Instruments”