Fabfilter synth plugs, worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
One Twin 3

Those saying you can do better for the price, care to post their suggestions?

Twin 2 is great. It cuts through a mix, and is kind on the processor.

I just took a test on Fabfilter One and I'm pretty surprised on how great the synth sounds for a synth that has been around for almost 20 years. The filter is super. I own a good deal of synth plugins and I've been comparing filter resonance on many to Fabfilter One and One just sings even at full resonance. Seems very usable for trancy stuff, bass and leads etc.

I'm not a fan of flipping through many filter modes to find a suitable one (think of DUNE3, Spire etc), so I'm very much liking the fact that this has just one good filter.

What are your thoughts?

I am not a fan of the current fabfilter line-up , it seems they are not interested anymore in developing synths .
That being said , I still have a copy of fabfilter one ( since 2005 :tu: ) ,, back in the day people were raving how much it sounded like an ms 10 ( which the original fabfilter's filter :) is based upon ) .
If you now compare the original fabfilter filter with an ms 10/20 filter ( cytomic , the drop ) the difference is night and day in favour of cytomic .
Considering it's over 15 years old , it still sounds good
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Fab Filter effects are the best.
Murderous duck!

Yeah, I'll have to second the popular opinion here. They really shifted focus to effects. Their EQs and Compressors are pretty much the best you can find. Period. But the synth? I mean ... coincidentally I am working on a track right now, that uses Twin 2 as a subbass generator, because their filter makes everything sound saturated and buttery smooth. But that's the only use I have for it. Twin 2 is seriously poor on features otherwise. Sylenth 1 has more of them. For the money, just look for any other popular synth with more knobs. ...or save it towards the EQ instead, because that one is surreal.
Last edited by FarleyCZ on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Be pretty sweet if the dropped a new synth as a surprise sometime though, eh?

tehlord wrote: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:41 am I also can't stand the GUI. I usually adore the Fabfilter GUI, but Twin2 and Volcano just annoy me for being a little too abstract.
Yup. Its hideous.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

david.beholder wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:58 pm Fab Filter effects are the best.
Far from it
Dmg audio is far superior to any of the fabfilter dynamics/eq plugins , so is cytomic etc..
Imho fabfilter is way overrated , but them guis are sexy as hell
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Are there any presets available for One or Twin?

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:23 am Dmg audio is far superior to any of the fabfilter dynamics/eq plugins , so is cytomic etc..
Imho fabfilter is way overrated , but them guis are sexy as hell
Haters gonna hate :)
Murderous duck!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:23 am Dmg audio is far superior to any of the fabfilter dynamics/eq plugins...
:?:

My first vst was One, i learn the basic stuff with One (adsr, lfo, ...) and i still use it these day beside thre fact i own avenger, falcon, spire, serum...

so another year another sale.
Thinking of finally picking up Twin2, for 58€. I always kinda liked it for some reason, but never enough to actually buy it.
I like Tube, Raw and "FF One" filters on it.

I guess i'd sleep easier if i knew Twin 3 is coming.

Quintessential FabFilter plugin in order: Pro-Q 3 -> Pro-L 2 -> Pro-C 2.

IMO, rest all are only nice to have and for which there are better and cheaper alternatives available.

Return to “Instruments”