do you like this Dune 3 skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:51 pm
fisherKing wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:01 pm
elassi wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:55 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:53 pmDune 3 has no skinning "engine", its fully skinable.
Well, then it's a bloody kindergarden attempt. Also hilarious that the OP wants to charge for it - and even asks for a fancy name. ;-)
and yet it looks good. what harm is there in this? why is it so important to trash the OP? :dog:
because:

-Synapse audio created this, he only changed the color
-He asks for money for something Synapse Audio created.

Easier to explain - you go to your daily job and at the end another person steps in and says "i did the job" and he gets your money.
how is this different from most of the skins available for plugins from individuals?

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:53 pmDune 3 has no skinning "engine", its fully skinable.
Well, then it's a bloody kindergarden attempt. Also hilarious that the OP wants to charge for it - and even asks for a fancy name. ;-)
and yet it looks good. what harm is there in this? why is it so important to trash the OP? :dog:
because:

Easier to explain - you go to your daily job and at the end another person steps in and says "i did the job" and he gets your money.
but the questioned posed to you was why is it so important to trash the op not whether or not the skin is fair or should be sold. If it is true before just jumping down his throat and cussing him out why dont you ask and explain?

As far as I'm concerned you have nothing of value to add to this thread if you cant see that is a problem...I suggest you take my warning seriously
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:05 pm
because:

but the questioned posed to you was why is it so important to trash the op not whether or not the skin is fair or should be sold. If it is true before just jumping down his throat and cussing him out why dont you ask and explain?

As far as I'm concerned you have nothing of value to add to this thread if you cant see that is a problem...I suggest you take my warning seriously
I dont know if its my language barrier because im not the native english speaker. But i dont really understand, maybe you can rephrase?

sure, there was no call for your attack, starting the thread that way is totally out of line in any thread...stay out of this thread 100% because I'm not dragging this out anymore and you wont get a second warning
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

fisherKing wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 pm
because:

how is this different from most of the skins available for plugins from individuals?
Really? you dont see? maybe you should check your facts first before jumping on me.

Open Dune 3 and check the Dark and Light factory skins and compare to this one. You can clearly see the elements.

Backpanel = Dark Skin
Knobs and LCD = Light skin

You can go to the Dune 3 directory, swap the backpanels from light to dark skin, color the backpanel with windows 10 photo filter and you will get the same skin as this one.

Hink wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:33 pm sure, there was no call for your attack, starting the thread that way is totally out of line in any thread...stay out of this thread 100% because I'm not dragging this out anymore and you wont get a second warning
ok

ftr should he see this in a week the point is how it was said, if this is true there are better ways

Hm, I actually like this skin a lot! (yes, an IPS display here)

Can't resist to rephrase a line of an old Marley-classic called "War":

Until the color of a synth's skin
Is of no more significance than the color of a car
I gotta say: War!

:clown:

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

IMO, the biggest issue is the colour of the LED. They should be brighter, or have another colour. There's not enough contrast to the other control elements.

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:59 am IMO, the biggest issue is the colour of the LED. They should be brighter, or have another colour. There's not enough contrast to the other control elements.
Nice point. I like the color leds myself. what color would you like it to be - I can try to make a variant.

Way too dark for my taste. GUI skins should be all about ergonomics, not looks.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:46 pm Way too dark for my taste. GUI skins should be all about ergonomics, not looks.
guess it comes down to personal opinion; i don't find the skin any less 'ergonomic', but prefer dark, warm colors. it's great to have options; then we get to use what we choose to.

fisherKing wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 pm
because:

Don't know about most but a proper skinjob (hehe) takes about 2 weeks (Plugmon even worked 2 months on his latest).

@OP: only a small diversion from the installed skins and a too dark imo.
I don't consider this a skinjob. This would be a preset where you just changed the filter cutoff and call it your own.

Return to “Instruments”