Amplitube 5 Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

These are the new things I'd like to see in the next version. I know it's not going to happen but
what do you think about it?

1) resizable UI
2) Preset exchange (think it was there in Amplitube3
3) Updated Fender Collection 1 and all the older stuff
4) AI powered audio engine (just kidding :hihi:)

I'd be happy if I actually enjoyed using it. I don't but I can't explain why. It just doesn't excite me for some reason.

Resizable UI would be nice though, and perhaps less screen clutter - there's buttons and knobs and stuff all over the place. Also, a better preset system instead of that horrible dropdown menu that requires an electron microscope to read it and the precision of a watchmaker to click it.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 pm I'd be happy if I actually enjoyed using it. I don't but I can't explain why. It just doesn't excite me for some reason.
I completely get this.
Amplitube used to be known for its great sound. It still sounds great, but it's just so wonky to use. NI's Guitar Rig has, IMHO, caught up on the sound, and includes some great specialty products. Plus, it's a lot more fun to use. No nonsense preset browsing, easy product selection and routing. Best of all is I never get a screen that says "you can't use this preset because you don't own..."
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

tappert wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:55 am Hi,

These are the new things I'd like to see in the next version. I know it's not going to happen but
what do you think about it?

1) resizable UI
2) Preset exchange (think it was there in Amplitube3
3) Updated Fender Collection 1 and all the older stuff
4) AI powered audio engine (just kidding :hihi:)
5) an “apply talent”-knob. I so need that!

BERFAB wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 pmNI's Guitar Rig has, IMHO, caught up on the sound, and includes some great specialty products. Plus, it's a lot more fun to use. No nonsense preset browsing, easy product selection and routing. Best of all is I never get a screen that says "you can't use this preset because you don't own..."
I wouldn't say Guitar Rig has caught up on sound as it hasn't been updated in about 8 years. Its high-gain amps sound awful for the most part. But I do agree with the preset browsing, that is how it's done!

Oh yeah, the preset warning when you don't own the gear is a disaster, why would anyone think that is a useful feature? It's like buying a car that comes fully loaded but every time you turn the A/C on, or engage the cruise control you get a warning that you can't use it because you don't own it :roll:

cprompt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:22 pm
BERFAB wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 pmNI's Guitar Rig has, IMHO, caught up on the sound, and includes some great specialty products. Plus, it's a lot more fun to use. No nonsense preset browsing, easy product selection and routing. Best of all is I never get a screen that says "you can't use this preset because you don't own..."
I wouldn't say Guitar Rig has caught up on sound as it hasn't been updated in about 8 years. Its high-gain amps sound awful for the most part. But I do agree with the preset browsing, that is how it's done!

Oh yeah, the preset warning when you don't own the gear is a disaster, why would anyone think that is a useful feature? It's like buying a car that comes fully loaded but every time you turn the A/C on, or engage the cruise control you get a warning that you can't use it because you don't own it :roll:
Maybe because I get Guitar Rig with the Komplete upgrades, it seems that there's always a new product that makes me think it's getting better. Also, because I'm playing everything "in the box" I don't have any actual real world high gains to compare it to. I just keep flipping through presets until I get close and then tweak away!
Berfab

BERFAB wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:36 pm Maybe because I get Guitar Rig with the Komplete upgrades, it seems that there's always a new product that makes me think it's getting better. Also, because I'm playing everything "in the box" I don't have any actual real world high gains to compare it to. I just keep flipping through presets until I get close and then tweak away!
I think Guitar Rig had the potential to be really great, but NI gave up on it and the chances are, it will never see any updates, barring the odd bug-fix now and then. Shame, but there we are.

I don't think you need to know what a real high gain amp sounds like to know that the ones built in to GR are just fizzy and sound like nasty clipping, sort of like a Boss DS-1. But I agree that going through the presets can throw up the odd gem, especially the clean and slightly-crunchy presets which are actually quite nice. The effects in GR are pretty decent, it's just the poor amps and mediocre cabinet IRs.

I play everything in the box now (well, real guitar and bass) so it's important to use stuff that both sounds great and is exciting to use. GR fails on the first and Amplitube fails on the second.

RIght now, my favourite ampsims are Mercuriall Re-Axis and the STL Tonality Andy James (I like high-gain stuff but they both do clean very well).

Oh, and there's one bass preset in GR that I love called "The Ox" which might be a tribute to John Entwhistle. That's pretty awesome. In fact, the only reason I keep GR installed is for that preset :D

It surprises me that NI doesn't take GR more seriously. Just like they turned Reaktor into the go-to platform for new instruments, I would think GR is a natural for introducing new and interesting FX. Both Ramm and Traktor 12, for instance, fit right in.
BTW there are a couple of VH presets that I like in GR. And the occasional Ramm preset, though that product does sound a bit fried in the higher freqs.
Berfab

BERFAB wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:01 pma bit fried in the higher freqs.
You've summed me up perfectly :D

cprompt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:14 pm
BERFAB wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:01 pma bit fried in the higher freqs.
You've summed me up perfectly :D
:lol: Glad to be of service.
Berfab

Insert and save 3rd party vst fx as stomps or racks within the signal chain.

BiasFX2 look alike.

Put the damn IR loader in it

Kind of funny how this turned into a GR-5 thread. If they could put the Scuffham amps into it as well as Replika, Choral, Phasis, and Flair then it would be an amazing product.

As far as Amplitube goes, there are always going to be a few pedals I want to see.

I prefer the rack style approach because you don't have to switch between tabs when doing gain staging.

Presets is one area where they could use some improvement. It would be nice if they had the option to flag presets which use gear you don't have or perhaps hide them altogether. I'd also like to see a user library, and online preview like BiasFX would be nice.

As an Amplitube 4 MAX user, I don't necessarily need them to add any more amps. They could focus on adding pedals and especially rack gear (there's like a fifth as much of it as pedals). But mostly, I'd just like to see them revise all the existing amp models. With the exception of the Brit models and some of the expansion packs they added later, all the other amps that shipped with Amplitube 4 were held over from Amplitube 3. In 2019, some of them sound pretty poor (lookin' at you, Metal Lead-V).

Oh, and an option to hide all presets that are unusable. Even with the MAX package and like 3 others add-ons, there's still a number of presets I can't use.

ElKabong wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:22 am

Oh, and an option to hide all presets that are unusable.
+1

Return to “Effects”