Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:56 am probabbly later today you will be able again to authorize and download XPs like before with your 1.4.10 via VMAN. So again anyone who wants to stay with it, he is fine. If someone has no installer anymore he can get a DL link from Rene, otherwise the VMAN also allows to download it.
Giving credit where it's due, I've been as upset by the new Codemeter system as anyone, but I do commend Manuel, Rene and Vengeance for doing as much as they can short of actually scrapping Codemeter (which I understand is not a realistic hope) to take care of people who want to remain on the old system. They are listening and being as accommodating as possible, which they didn't have to do; they could have just ignored us all until the tumult blew over. So although I recognize I've been among the voices of outrage, let me step back and say that I do genuinely appreciate what you're doing to help, even if I am equally genuinely disappointed by the underlying new CP method.

A little toy for Avenger 1.4.10 or higher. :wink:
(Play with the macros)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Btw Manuel- is there a change log anywhere for the little updates that have come out in the last couple days? I saw 1.5.2 and (albeit I’m on mobile right now) I’ve heard there’s now a 1.5.3
its here
https://www.vengeance-sound.com/plugins ... %20Avenger

I wish the ARP files wouldn't be crypted so we could create a tool to convert midi to ARP presets even for chords.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

msvs wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:53 pm
I waited to invest the tokens, because Techno & Acid Breaks were announced here
well then I have to disappoint you again, these XPs NEED 1.5. since they are using the new Guitar Module, Analog Filters etc of 1.5.
Every new XP pack since launch, required the recent version. You do not want to use CodeMeter... well I see no reason in not doing. If we had implemented and programmed an own new copy protection system and called it V-Meter, you would have had no problem?

I can ask Rene if its (easy) to program, that you can use your sweetwater pick 5 on old XPs. Or even better we send you them by hand. Just contact him via the support email please and tell him which you like. But the new released XPs wont work in 1.4.10 like I said above
thanks Manuel for this offer :tu: , I´ll contact René tomorrow (not at the studio today)
for the "disappoint you again": it was clear for me, that the Techno & Acid needs 1.5, but I can live with other/older XPs after hearing/watching Techno1.
why not CodeMeter? long story and hard to translate for me (english doesn´t like me), because I´m german as you´re ;) I simply don't want another software that reads data or examines or installs anything else neither bloatware. Please accept my aversion to CodeMeter, thanks pal.

I wish you and your team great Xmas-time, see ya

SirkusPi wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:48 pmGiving credit where it's due, I've been as upset by the new Codemeter system as anyone, but I do commend Manuel, Rene and Vengeance for doing as much as they can short of actually scrapping Codemeter (which I understand is not a realistic hope) to take care of people who want to remain on the old system. They are listening and being as accommodating as possible, which they didn't have to do; they could have just ignored us all until the tumult blew over. So although I recognize I've been among the voices of outrage, let me step back and say that I do genuinely appreciate what you're doing to help, even if I am equally genuinely disappointed by the underlying new CP method.
Although I'm an 80% happy camper on 1.5, I think it was quite important to make sure they fully cater for those who want to stay on 1.4, and that includes buying any of the expansions made up until 1.4 as well as making the downloads and authorisations available ongoing. That is kind of what was promised, and I don't think its enough to just have it only work if you never change your system or have any issues. So absolutely thumbs up that they've responded positively, and I'm looking forward to that simplified authorisation which is coming our way for 1.5 users too.

Also a public thanks to Rene who sorted out my bumbling incopetance when I ordered the wrong XP the other day - they didn't have to bail me out, so mucho gracias.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

msvs wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:56 am probabbly later today you will be able again to authorize and download XPs like before with your 1.4.10 via VMAN. So again anyone who wants to stay with it, he is fine. If someone has no installer anymore he can get a DL link from Rene, otherwise the VMAN also allows to download it.
Has this been implemented yet?

Can you please confirm what you mean by Vman - you mean the link from within the plugin? The window that opens when there's no license when you launch Avenger still isn't working .... so I can't get into the plugin to launch 'Vman' :?

Wouldn't it be easier to just have a link from the vps-avenger.com account page that after logging in allows you to get to a 'legacy' page where you could simply enter your system ID and download the license file as you could previously?

I'm not trying to cause a fight here, And I don't OWN Avenger (Yet...This 50% of deal is Enticing) but I truly Fail to see why Code-Meter is a Big Deal...
To be fair i'm used to Code-Meter, I-lok, Splice, NI...eh...whatever they're Installation manager is called, and so on running on my Laptop and I even have Reason and Rack Extensions so I've spent time with the Code-Meter program, but If anything from the Video that was shown I feel like In THEORY, (Minus the Added variable of CodeMeter being Glitchy) That is seems it's an easier system then the past. Is there something Im missing here significant that I shouldn't be? It's not like Vengeance is Requiring you to firsthand install a Virus onto your Computer. And if anyone says its a virus then thats ridiculous because I honestly never even Noticed Code Meters existence. It just sits in silence on the back of my Mac until it's needed.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

It's not a big deal, if it works!

I'm not saying that the issue I'm having with my PC is not 'my fault' - I'm sure it's working fine for most people. Until I figure this out (if I can figure this out) I just need to be able to use 1.4.10 which was working fine. Unfortunately either the install (or more likely uninstall) of 1.5 either removed or 'tashed' my license file and I just need to be able to (re)generate my old license with the same system ID as before so I can use Avenger again.

Screw it - buying another 5 pack. Has there been news of any upcoming expansions?
Otherwise I might grab Trance 1, Trance 2, 8 bit Era, Trance Effects, and maybe Trance Ambition

MikeCallon wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:18 pm It's not a big deal, if it works!

I'm not saying that the issue I'm having with my PC is not 'my fault' - I'm sure it's working fine for most people. Until I figure this out (if I can figure this out) I just need to be able to use 1.4.10 which was working fine. Unfortunately either the install (or more likely uninstall) of 1.5 either removed or 'tashed' my license file and I just need to be able to (re)generate my old license with the same system ID as before so I can use Avenger again.
Ah I see your Problem. This is a Genuine issue and it got lost in people complaining about how Vengeance is "Pushing Bloatware" to be honest :hihi:

Are the Expansions on Sale? I know Vengeance is Known for Having Wicked good Sound design and they sound Absolutely Phenomenal but the Prices are a BIG no from me as they are in there current state.

Random Sidenote feature Idea. An Everything Bundle? Obviously would probably cost in the Quad Figures but it would be cool to have an option to get all the expansions and turn Avenger into a Soundstation as well as a "Super Nexus" :hihi: :hihi:

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

how long is the 50% sale for avenger stuff?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Spencer Maddox wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:46 pm Are the Expansions on Sale? I know Vengeance is Known for Having Wicked good Sound design and they sound Absolutely Phenomenal but the Prices are a BIG no from me as they are in there current state.
Yes, they are currently 50% off - a bit more of a discount if you buy the 5 pack from sweetwater - probably depending where you are in the world. It's cheaper for me to go that route, as opposed to buying direct from vengeance. About a $20-30 difference.
Caine123 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:52 pm how long is the 50% sale for avenger stuff?
Not sure they've said yet. That's why I'm jumping on getting more now. I was waiting months for them to have another 50% off sale, so I'm going to stock up.

Return to “Instruments”