Behringer TD-3 Analog Bass Line Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The orders at £99 have been accepted. They have emailed the order confirmation, which represents acceptance.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Stefken wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:11 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:12 am
imrae wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:07 am
Stefken wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:19 am I guess by law a shop has to sell a product at the price that it is presented?
So if the label shows 99, and you buy it, it's yours at that price, right?
Not necessarily in the UK, at least. Depends what is meant by "you buy it".

If I recall correctly, advertising a price is not an "offer" and typically the customer offers to buy at that (or another) price. The shop is free to decline that offer, and a contract only exists if they accept it.

(I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, etc.)
Correct. The price is referred to as an “invitation to treat”.
Where did you see that?

I did pay for it, so a transaction has occurred.
I got an e-mail with "Your Order #48794568745whatever Is Confirmed".

Are you saying this has no value?
I won't make too much of a fuss about 30 euro, but this is somewhat deceptive.
you're fine if you've had order confirmation, this is their contract.

Stefken wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:25 am :tu: Absolutely love your sounddesign, by the way. :clap: :phones:
Thank you..

I may start doing more sound design in the new year, right now I'm having so much fun with my hardware synths.

PS

Even at £129 this TD-3 is a steal. :tu:

Did you pick the right colour for the coming summer of love?
I did!
"Nah... red is perfect"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HdRtDESrMU
Hoping for a Black Friday deal on lipstick.

Do the knobs and switches on the TD-3 feel robust and up to serious tweaking?

Behringer really make the worst product videos ever... :lol:

I think they are pretty brilliant.
They radiate an atmosphere of home made videos: the 'office secretary' doubling as spokeswoman ad interim of the firm.
This has most likely all been meticulously staged by a communication firm.

While small one-man companies are trying to bring their videos as professionally as possible, they do exactely the opposite and bring an atmosphere of home made cooking into the mix. Some soup, like only grandma can make it, anyone?

Stefken wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:27 pm I think they are pretty brilliant.
They radiate an atmosphere of home made videos: the 'office secretary' doubling as spokeswoman ad interim of the firm.

While small one-man companies are trying to bring their videos as professionally as possible, they do exactely the opposite and bring an atmosphere of home made cooking into the mix. Some soup, like only grandma can make it, anyone?
But they could do much better on the actual product demonstration...someone just turning the filter knobs for a few minutes. The machine is capable of more than that, isn’t it? I never used the original machine, so I don’t know.

HitEmTrue wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:45 pm

But they could do much better on the actual product demonstration...someone just turning the filter knobs for a few minutes. The machine is capable of more than that, isn’t it? I never used the original machine, so I don’t know.
Yes, they could but a lot of advertising these days is about creating an atmosphere and a following.
A girl-friend today argued that advertisements for banks is all about happy people and happy families and that all this says absolutely nothing about the actual service that the bank provides. It doesn't.

But the game isn't played on featuresets anymore as most services/products are pretty comparable.
It's played on social factors.

Stefken wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:23 am
HitEmTrue wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:45 pm

Yes, they could but a lot of advertising these days is about creating an atmosphere and a following.
A girl-friend today argued that advertisements for banks is all about happy people and happy families and that all this says absolutely nothing about the actual service that the bank provides. It doesn't.

But the game isn't played on featuresets anymore as most services/products are pretty comparable.
It's played on social factors.
Yes, of course that is true. They could have made it much shorter then.

Cyforce wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:01 am I still wondering how they archived it, to create such really good sounding hardware clones (with modular in/outs as well) for such a bargain pricing...
With normal hardware engineering and with volume production instead of putting 300% margin on it.
There is absolutely no secrets in HW audio in terms of engineering and production. And companies like Moog are charging for brand more than for RND.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:12 pm
Cyforce wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:01 am I still wondering how they archived it, to create such really good sounding hardware clones (with modular in/outs as well) for such a bargain pricing...
With normal hardware engineering and with volume production instead of putting 300% margin on it.
There is absolutely no secrets in HW audio in terms of engineering and production. And companies like Moog are charging for brand more than for RND.
tbf moog pay staff better than will be paid in the chinese factory.

now whether you wish to support that is a personal thing, but it's more than just a brand name you pay for.

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:15 pm

now whether you wish to support that is a personal thing, but it's more than just a brand name you pay for.
Dunno. I'm happy with some competition as I find Moog's prices really out there. R&D? Most synths are just reworks of the same stuff. A moog with one oscillator, a moog with 2, a moog with 3 oscillators, a moog with components of the modular...

They also produce some stuff in China and then assemble it in the VS.
But does this price reflect the cost needed to pay people a good wage assembling the synth.

I guess 300 procent margin says it all.

Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:49 pm

Dunno. I'm happy with some competition as I find Moog's prices really out there. R&D? Most synths are just reworks of the same stuff. A moog with one oscillator, a moog with 2, a moog with 3 oscillators, a moog with components of the modular...

They also produce some stuff in China and then assemble it in the VS.
But does this price reflect the cost needed to pay people a good wage assembling the synth.

I guess 300 procent margin says it all.
didn't say i wasnt happy with cheaper ;)
yeah the 303 isn't really for me, but theres a few of the behringer synths im looking at adding, probably in the new year when ive done some rearranging.

tbf moog pay staff better than will be paid in the chinese factory...
where the moog components are made....

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”