Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Wowza!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Looks interesting! :)

Wasn't the original made with SynthEdit?
I wonder if this new version was coded from scratch or in SE.

You had me at "hyperwaves" (I don't know what that means, but damn it sounds cool). I look forward to checking it out.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Examigan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:06 am Looks interesting! :)

It was made in Outsim Synthmaker now called Flowstone.based on the text and a few of the graphical elements,it doesn't seem to not be the case with the update.it could be a case of just the graphical elements being wrapped in Flowstone though,like what Variety Of Sound used to do,but the DSP was all his own code
I

BlackWinny wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:22 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:47 pm jesus, black and cyan again.... is that compulsory in SM?

... But the developer wrote :
NextGen wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:51 pm - Picasso Mode (Full Skin Editor - example in attachment)
im not gonna buy something I have to reskin to make it usable....

AnX wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:09 am
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:47 pm jesus, black and cyan again.... is that compulsory in SM?

NextGen wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:51 pm - Picasso Mode (Full Skin Editor - example in attachment)
Black and cyan makes it unusable? Ok...

The skin indeed looks a bit synthmaker-ish tho. But I like the colors.
Last edited by recursive one on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:17 am
AnX wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:09 am

Black and cyan makes it unusable?
absolutely, same as yobares stuff.

Holy shit, finally. I've been waiting for this one. A synth from one of the best sound designers, and a legend of a producer. Can't wait for this one!

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:42 pm Very interesting synth. Even though i never used Genesis, but, read quite a few times about it. :)
Found some videos of the old version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQTnYUj1Oak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p067U0rqrvY

Sounds like heaven for oldschool trance lovers :tu: I used it before I got Virus TI, Spire, Viper and other stuff but from my memory it had some real punch and weight in the sound.

Also Ummet Ozcan is an awesome producer and he has made an amazing soundset for Virus TI. So my hopes are quite high.

TIMT wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:21 am
Examigan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:06 am Looks interesting! :)

It was made in Outsim Synthmaker now called Flowstone.based on the text and a few of the graphical elements,it doesn't seem to not be the case with the update.it could be a case of just the graphical elements being wrapped in Flowstone though,like what Variety Of Sound used to do,but the DSP was all his own code
The original was Synthedit

The only thing that bothers me is that the modmatrix seems quite weak, 2 sources and 2 destinations (one destination per source?)

C'mon, Sylenth has more than that :? Or did I misunderstand something?

recursive one wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 am The only thing that bothers me is that the modmatrix seems quite weak, 2 sources and 2 destinations (one destination per source?)

My bad, that's a typo. The ADSR and Modmatrix have 5 outputs per source. But with the alpha knob it's basically possible to create unlimited outputs from modulation sources.

recursive one wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 am The only thing that bothers me is that the modmatrix seems quite weak, 2 sources and 2 destinations (one destination per source?)

You're criticising a synth from 9 years ago that will be updated to Pro next year. :roll:
The original synth was awesome and haven't been able to use in Cubase since they only support 64 bit, so looking forward to trying this out.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

NextGen wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:37 pm

My bad, that's a typo. The ADSR and Modmatrix have 5 outputs per source. But with the alpha knob it's basically possible to create unlimited outputs from modulation sources.
Thanks, good to know. 5 outputs per source seems pretty reasonable.

Can't wait to see/hear more stuff!
ramseysounds wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:53 pm You're criticising a synth from 9 years ago that will be updated to Pro next year. :roll:
I referred to the feature list in the OP, Ummet sorted this.

I had already forgot this synth :lol:

Great to see it in existence :tu:

Return to “Instruments”