Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:36 pm Thanks!
Indeed...

Icarus 2 is an insta buy for me as soon as it’s available.

Yes.

A 7-octave virtual keyboard, that's rare, if not unique :hihi:

..Following the previous post, needs some tweaks and can get more interesting with Icarus2 MSEG's+ enhanced random LFo's instead of Step LFO

https://soundcloud.com/tatsyn/synthesiz ... ne2-icarus

*Created with Icarus 1.6

Very nice! Sounds convincing. Cool would be now a amount-modulating fold distortion on top of the noise, then you could vary the wind speed, or make it sound like an ultra realistic beachside noise.

Also a slight tilt filtering (freq point at around 1kHz) might add realistic variations.

Btw. is there a way to place the distortion of the filter to pre-filter mode, so not sacrificing a whole filter only to have it pre-filter?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 am Very nice! Sounds convincing. Cool would be now a amount-modulating fold distortion on top of the noise, then you could vary the wind speed, or make it sound like an ultra realistic beachside noise.

Also a slight tilt filtering (freq point at around 1kHz) might add realistic variations.

Btw. is there a way to place the distortion of the filter to pre-filter mode, so not sacrificing a whole filter only to have it pre-filter?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks ;)

I agree, an MSEG or 2 will help with the movement and realism and a tilt filter give it also that + some more percusion / intensity / variation

Regarding Icarus filters,i don't think so, but you can get close/interesting results with some morph types (you can apply morphs consecutively) OSC section -> tool - Apply morph

Icarus 2 filters are going to have a couple new things but i'll let Markus talk about it..

tasty tatsyn wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:43 am
Icarus 2 filters are going to have a couple new things but i'll let Markus talk about it..
You mean the morph modes which he wants to implement in the distortion section? I was really looking forward to this feature. Unfortunately it is not mentioned in the Icarus 2 manual.

e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:09 pm A 7-octave virtual keyboard, that's rare, if not unique :hihi:
You're the first one who noticed it :hihi:
88 keys look ugly. 60 keys take too much screen space in the Y-Axis. So i invented the 7 octave keyboard.

Tailor made for my Yamaha S70 SX! 8)
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I see the Mod Matrix is doubled what it had been with the first edition of Icarus! I'm looking forward to buying it at some point.

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:35 pm - Thomann is a reseller of Best Service products who are a reseller of Tone2 products. That's why after all fees and taxes only 20€ remain for us

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through our own webshop (www.tone2.com) after April the 1st get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller between April the 1st and November the 29th 16:00 get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller after November the 30th 16:00 through a 3rd party reseller will be able to ugrade for the difference price.

- Icarus2 will not be distributed through a 3rd party reseller

- Icarus2 will be the final synthesizer that i will release, since i have health problems and it is not longer economic for us to develop new products. After this one there will be only free updates and soundsets
Hope your health improves! Thank you so much for your work, but time to heal and family are way more important!

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:46 pm
e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:09 pm A 7-octave virtual keyboard, that's rare, if not unique :hihi:
You're the first one who noticed it :hihi:
88 keys look ugly. 60 keys take too much screen space in the Y-Axis. So i invented the 7 octave keyboard.
Weighted keys? Hammer action? :hihi:

Many thanks for this great Icarus2 Upgrade !
Icarus2 sounds great and the features are outstanding !

Icarus2 is definitely the new king of wavetablesynths
and one of the best synthesizer workstation (beside Zebra/HZ) and a must have for everyone
who loves wavetable synths, at least in my view !!!!!!

Only Hive 1.2/2 or Dive or Repro can poduce a smother and softer sound.
Icarus2 can also produce soft sounds but it's an other soft as with U-He synths.

Can't wait to throw my money at you, Markus. Two days to go ...
I watched the intro video for Icarus2 once more...
It's so crazy - all the effort that I can feel every second of the video.
And I mean not only in terms of programming but in terms of sound design as well.
Looking forward to getting Icarus2 and learn a ton of new tricks by dissecting your presets.

] Peter:H [

Return to “Instruments”