Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

MorpherX wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:59 am Attention - The free Upgrade reqires Internet connection !

But everywhere is written that it does not need internet connection, so I do not install it on my music PC.

Has anyone got the same Installer (Icarus 2 RC 1).

If i do not get an other Installer I have take a lawyer and go to Court.
from where did you get the installer? i can't see any new installer in my registratin from Tone2 . just v 1.6

Amram wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:09 am
MorpherX wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:59 am Attention - The free Upgrade reqires Internet connection !

But everywhere is written that it does not need internet connection, so I do not install it on my music PC.

from where did you get the installer? i can't see any new installer in my registratin from Tone2 . just v 1.6
I bought Icarus 1.6 a month ago and now I got an E-Mail with a Icarus2.t2k file packed and three links for download and the sender is "Markus Krause".

Everyone who bought Icarus recently gets the update before the official release?
Frustrating..

I tried to check to see if it was out but when I click the Icarus2 page a get a red screen and a warning 'This website has been reported as unsafe' ?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

MorpherX wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:46 am

I bought Icarus 1.6 a month ago and now I got an E-Mail with a Icarus2.t2k file packed and three links for download and the sender is "Markus Krause".
i bought icarus 1.6 from thomann on august 2019.
didn't get a thing from Markus.

Please stop distributing missinformation here. It is not true that your computer must be connected to the internet to be able to use Icarus2. You can use it offline. You only need to be connected to the internet for a single time: To download the software and to unlock it

Please note that the release date is tomorrow and not today. We are currently still sending out the free upgrades. But it still takes till this evening till all have received it because we handle this manually. If you should not receive it check your spam filter. If you should not have received it till tomorrow send an email to markus[ at]tone2[d ot]com and include your name, email and where you did buy the product. I will take care of you

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:07 am Please stop distributing missinformation here. It is not true that your computer must be connected to the internet to be able to use Icarus2. You can use it offline. You only need to be connected to the internet for a single time: To download the software and to unlock it

Please note that the release date is tomorrow and not today. We are currently still sending out the free upgrades. But it still takes till this evening till all have received it because we handle this manually. If you should not receive it check your spam filter. If you should not have received it till tomorrow send an email to markus[ at]tone2[d ot]com and include your name, email and where you did buy the product. I will take care of you
Thank you Markus

Amram wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:55 am
MorpherX wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:46 am

i bought icarus 1.6 from thomann on august 2019.
didn't get a thing from Markus.
I bought Icarus on Thomann in november 2019 and have received the mail in my "unwanted" mail box. Check this section in your email client. Maybe you will receive it shortly.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Thank you Markus for this great christmas present ! :hyper: :love:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:07 am Please stop distributing missinformation here. It is not true that your computer must be connected to the internet to be able to use Icarus2. You can use it offline. You only need to be connected to the internet for a single time: To download the software and to unlock it
If you need internet connection to unlock the software, that's challenge-response and he is technically correct - you cannot use the synth without an internet connection. Although the way you've worded it it's not absolutely clear if you need internet for download only or for download and unlocking, I'd assume it's for both.
Last edited by perfumer on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And I still don't get how you can run your computer without internet. Where do you get OS updates and drivers from? Where do you get software updates from? Carry them on a stick, and install them on the offline machine? Jeez, what a complete PITA... (especially for the Windows updates, which you'd have to find and download manually, and copy paste it on your studio computer. And, with Mac OS X, i don't know if that's even possible...)

Serious, I doubt that even 5% really do that. And, as you can see, it is not worth supporting Linux for the few percent that use it, why would it be worth it supporting the few percent who run their audio software on a offline computer?

chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:45 am And I still don't get how you can run your computer without internet.
I think in this case it's more about data collection. Read - aggressive data collection.

seems like i bought Icarus 1 within the grace period after all. Didn't expect an email from Tone2 with the download link for I2. :o
That's a great present for me, was set to purchase the update anyway, but suddenly getting it for free feels almost wrong! :phones:

first impression: the improvements in the user interface alone (larger GUI, so much more fluid workflow in general) would have been worth the upgrade price :love:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

perfumer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:11 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:45 am And I still don't get how you can run your computer without internet.
I think in this case it's more about data collection. Read - aggressive data collection.
Regardless of the reason, I just don't get how you can run your computer that way.

chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:26 pm
perfumer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:11 pm
Regardless of the reason, I just don't get how you can run your computer that way.
Keep trying, and maybe one day...

Return to “Instruments”