Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Markus already replied stating that the C/R system will be removed once the product has grown a beard.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JunSev wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:13 pm
e-crooner wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:57 pm Gee. The current system is pretty common by now, and I suppose Tone2 can live without the very few customers that keep making a fuss about it. As if he didn't have other things on his mind now...
From what I read the company will not cease to exist, but merely cease to make new products. So, they will continue to be around if you need support.
It is common for people that decided to accept it, but it is a problem in the long term; the synth or product only will work as long as the company is there, that is the big flaw of this method in the long term.

I will wait for a response from Markus, if there is a solution for this or not, it was not like this before, I definitely don't like this new authorization method and hope for some solution; if there is not, I need to know.
That is not the case. Only if you get a new computer. Once you have it activated on your computer, it will run offline forever as long as you use that computer.

It's simple, isn't it ? If you can make music with Icarus2 while your machine is not connected to the internet, then it's OK. Forever. Am I missing something ?

OK, I'm missing that if the company goes away and you change your disks, then the license would have been for the previous disk UUID or something. So how can one reactivate the license if the company is no longer there. That's it ?

Could be an interesting question for many other VST companies ?
Last edited by mevla on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Man whats up here? Now you guys are really annoyed by the cp of tone2???? I can understand the shit against ilok, code meter etc but this cp once activated with a license key is normal. I prefer this and other cps than all this bloatware with dongles etc.

I hope if they get out of business they handle it before like other companies. Hopefully.... you never know. But even windows never is guaranteed to work ;D
Last edited by Caine123 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Getting back to the synth, judging from the specs it could basically replace all the other Tone2 synths, right? 8)

Yes, Imagine the company is not there in the future. How you will activate it? and that is dependency, because you have to ask for permission from the company, Tone2 never did like this before and there is a reason many people doesn't like those procedures.

When I got Icarus and I knew about Tone2 it was not never like this.

That's why I will wait for a solution if possible from Markus or not.

edit: ok mevla already get it
Last edited by JunSev on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hopefully there'll also be ample documentation for using/discovering all those features.

One could get the disk's UUID and hex-scan the license to see if it's in there. But then the license could be encrypted.

- Icarus2 only has to be activated for a single time when you install it

- Once it is activated it will continue to run offline forever

- The online activation will be removed in a update as soon as the product is getting old. You don't have to fear that you are not longer able to use it at some point

- We will not develop new synthesizers. But we will release free updates and soundsets for the existing ones. We will continue to do customer support for at least 10 years

Thx. Will you still release new products or stop fully?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

i see its released, how do i buy the upgrade?

EDIT: Its in the shop list under the full version :tu:

Icarus2 is the final synthesizer that i will do. We discussed about a new multieffect unit but there is nothing concrete.
Maintaining the existing products and doing customer support will keep me busy enough

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:30 pm - The online activation will be removed in a update as soon as the product is getting old. You don't have to fear that you are not longer able to use it at some point
In how much time exactly is that? I will not upgrade already, but can I at least know when you will remove this if you will?

nvm.. but thanks for the update! :tu:
Last edited by mladi on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

A range of 1-2 years i realistic for this

Return to “Instruments”