Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

The free demo is available now:

https://www.tone2.com/download.html

A large number of people have tested it now. So far not a single bug report. Everything in this release is running smoothly so far.
I must admit that i am very proud on this. Especially since it is a very complex product.
Last edited by Markus Krause on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As I have seen that the upgrade is available too now: can you authorize the demo with upgrading from 1 to 2 or is it a separate download then ?

In Icarus you can unlock the demo

Thanks, sorry for just adding another question but I cant find something under setup and in Icarus 1 I had no problem with this but how to make the size smaller cause it is larger then my screen (I cant even see the keyboard) now ? I am running the standalone but think will be the same in the vst version

User guide only tells that it is rezisable but not how. Right-click on the gui does not work either. Really no idea where to look.

Click on the 'SIZE' button on the top left section. Then select small or medium with hide keyboard.

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:49 pm The free demo is available now:

A large number of people have tested it now. So far not a single bug report. Everything in this release is running smoothly so far.
I must admit that i am very proud on this. Especially since it is a very complex product.
It's a beautiful synth.

I am having the same issue with a non retina macbook pro - the normal size is way too big to see on the screen, and can't set to the smaller size with restarting plugin. Tested in Bitwig and Ableton Live.

Found it, thanks, but while I could not find it on first look I thought I tried the VST-Version and then realized that version 2 just overwrites version 1 without any asking ? Thats really not nice, if I decide to not upgrade to 2 I will have to install 1 again, I really thought it would be installed as "Icarus2" or something cause no matter if I upgrade to 2 I think I would like to keep my version 1 :-(.

This is technically necessary since Icarus2 is 100% downward compatible. If you want to downgrade to the previous version you can download it here:

On PC you can install it to a different directory like C:\Icarus2test or rename Icarus.dll to Icarus1.dll

Does Icarus2 then contain all the Icarus1 presets and take over existing bought prest extensions for Icarus1 ?

Yes

Markus, is tone2|tone2 your proper email? I am confused, my version does not seem to have a challenge/response thing, instead the same mechanism as v1.6.

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 pm A range of 1-2 years i realistic for this
I see.
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:51 pm Markus, is tone2|tone2 your proper email? I am confused, my version does not seem to have a challenge/response thing, instead the same mechanism as v1.6.
How is that? can you activate it offline with your key file/license? if it is not possible is challenge/response then.

@JunSev
please read my posts above. I explained it and have given answers. Please note that i cannot discuss security related stuff in a public forum. If you got questions about this please contact me in private

Hello Hanz,

my email is markus[ at]tone2[d ot]net.
Don't get confused about it. Some people distributed missinformation within this thread.
Icarus2 is properly working on your computer so everything is fine

Markus

Return to “Instruments”