Acustica Audio INVALIDATED my Black Friday purchase

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well Ladies and Gents,

I just received a notification that my BF purchase from Acustica Audio is invalidated with no explanation given...

funny thing is that their BF promo email states:

* Black Friday deals end December 5, 2019 at 11:59 pm Italian time.

Although Acustica Audio strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. Prices are shown in EUR and include local VAT for UE citizens following UE MOSS regulations. Acustica reserves the right to correct, change or update information such as pricing, availability and product descriptions, at any time without previous notice. All promotions, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday are valid for a limited time only and are not retroactive. Discount Coupons and personal codes are not applicable to product bundles, collections, and are not valid for educational purposes. All digital sales are final and no sale shall be invalidated. All purchased products are downloadable via our download manager Aquarius, which can be obtained by registering an account on the Acustica Audio website and downloading the application on your computer."
Last edited by exidus on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

That sounds very weird. I just completed a purchase there less than half an hour ago, and I've purchased a bunch of plugins from them during this sale (maybe 10?). Had no issues at all. Did you contact them?

Yep,
Received an automatic answer that they have alot of work and will contact me in about 7 working days... In the mean time they have removed the items from my account.

I will openly share the story although there is not so much of a story... I went to their website, putted all of their Aqua plugins in the basket, before even logging in my account and the total after all the discounts was 110 eur (excl. VAT).
I logged in, I paid and received their receipt. All the products were added to my account and that was it.. Until today...

I have done nothing wrong or illegal. There is a Black Friday sale going on after all... The purchase went trough and I paid with my own PayPal account.
I admit that the total was surprisingly low but it had nothing to do with any of my actions as a consumer in their web-shop (what I'm saying is that I have done absolutely nothing to manipulate the total amount)... So even it the total was 10 eur and the sale goes though - it should be considered final, according to their own statement...

You did put ALL of THEIR Acqua Plugins in the Basket and the price was €110 (should have been around €2'000) or did you just buy a few?

If it's the former, it was surely a glitch in their system which you took advantage of and I'm pretty sure Acustica is allowed to invalidate the purchase.

If it's the latter and the price was legit, then you should be fine. They can't just invalidate a proper sale.

Personally, I never had problems with their shop since I buy from them (which is around 3 years) and all my BF purchases this year have gone through fine. All licenses are still in my Account.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers Stefan

It was for all of them and it might have been a glitch but still the sale went through, I had access to all products and license slots until today. I have all the receipts, (2 from AA and one from PayPal) and two days after the purchase I received from AA personal discount voucher - a gift for my purchase.
I didnt suspect a glitch during my purchase.. It was BF... so I was expecting big promos.

It sounds like it was a checkout glitch. It sucks for sure but you must have known it was a glitch/error. You checked out anyway. Hoping. Your hopes were dashed because they found it out and cancelled it. Suck it up buttercup. Now you have to buy them at the regular sale prices of 50-70% off which is still a great deal. Not sure what you are complaining about.

So basically you’re upset that you’re not getting to keep everything that was obviously a glitch (surely you don’t think it was correct that you could buy every plugin for a total of 110?)

As they say, they reserve the right to do this if there was an obvious error

It’s very weird you’re telling people to not buy from this company when the is a fair thing for them to do

Good one

Signatures are so early 2000s.

zadillo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:37 pm As they say, they reserve the right to do this if there was an obvious error
It’s very weird you’re telling people to not buy from this company when the is a fair thing for them to do
Where exactly you read this?

exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:47 pm Although Acustica Audio strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. Prices are shown in EUR and include local VAT for UE citizens following UE MOSS Turnadoregulations. Acustica reserves the right to correct, change or update information such as pricing, availability and product descriptions, at any time without previous notice. All promotions, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday are valid for a limited time only and are not retroactive.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Look, guys... I'm not trying to be an a-hole... For all fairness, I understand it was a glitch quite after I finished the purchase... All I'm saying is that I couldnt find ANYTHING on their site that implies invalidation of orders from their side and the only statement from them is the one I quoted here (found in the BF deal promo mail).
If they have made a mistake, that shouldnt be a reason for invalidating a sale.

exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pm
zadillo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:37 pm As they say, they reserve the right to do this if there was an obvious error
It’s literally in the terms that you shared

exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pm
http://acustica-audio.com/pages/terms-of-use
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for certain reasons including but not limited to product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order or other reasons.

exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:01 pm Look, guys... I'm not trying to be an a-hole... For all fairness, I understand it was a glitch quite after I finished the purchase... All I'm saying is that I couldnt find ANYTHING on their site that implies invalidation of orders from their side and the only statement from them is the one I quoted here (found in the BF deal promo mail).

But you are being an A-hole. Best you drop it before you keep smearing yourself. You seem to be not too bright so take this advice: drop it. You are SOL.

exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:01 pm Look, guys... I'm not trying to be an a-hole... For all fairness, I understand it was a glitch quite after I finished the purchase... All I'm saying is that I couldnt find ANYTHING on their site that implies invalidation of orders from their side and the only statement from them is the one I quoted here (found in the BF deal promo mail).
A pricing glitch, which this clearly was, is absolutely a reason for invalidating a sale.

I have no idea why people insist that once a sale goes through it’s some binding thing that can’t be taken back. This is exactly why most companies reserve this right

Imagine checking out at your local store am with $1000 worth of merchandise and the cash register incorrectly rings it up as $20 - the store would say it was a mistake. You wouldn’t sit there insisting that they owe you everything at that glitched price

I’m sorry you didn’t hit the lottery here, but telling people Acustica is a bad company and not to buy from them over this is inappropriate

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”