DrumComputer VST from Sugar Bytes - out now, EUR119!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DrumComputer

Showing some of my Presets here from the Factory Library :) -

Also the Announcement I've made at the end of the Video is in the Final Stage and will be out in a few days. :party:

https://youtu.be/g_0q3IZOUZg
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

Very nice, however all the kicks sound pretty weak & hollow. Is it possible to do a clean 909-style kick in this? Or a hardcore kick? Or jungle kick? I'm sort of afraid that all this flexibility is within a narrow sonic range.

(yes, I'll demo it over the weekend, hopefully)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I agree, this VSTi seems super competent, but the samples and videos so far make me walk away with the impression that the low end is severely lacking. I also hope I'll get a chance to demo this during the weekend, but hopefully someone can comment on the possibility of making meaty/subby kicks.

antic604 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:37 amVery nice, however all the kicks sound pretty weak & hollow. Is it possible to do a clean 909-style kick in this? Or a hardcore kick? Or jungle kick? I'm sort of afraid that all this flexibility is within a narrow sonic range.
How about this? Kick both solo and in context. I'm on headphones, though, it may mislead me.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... .wav.html

Does anyone knows if there is a kind of regular christmas sale to expect from Sugarbytes ? As their have been BF sales would be really interesting to know cause the regulare price withouth intro offer is heavy especially as their are regulare sales.

thejonsolo wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:26 am Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
I surrendered to the dark side within five minutes after the announcement :lol:

Typical Sugar Bytes to release such a great new VST with no hype and little fanfare.

This is a realy deep drum machine with a deceptively simple GUI (which I relay like). I also read own (and relay like) STiX which I think has a more analog bias, so I have pretty much convinced myself I should own this none as well :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:06 pm Typical Sugar Bytes to release such a great new VST with no hype and little fanfare.
+1

Demoing it, really impressed apart from the kick and low end in general. Hmmm... definitely missing a solid kick, will demo more...

mladi wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:48 pm Regarding upgrade prices: I have 12 plugins and doesn't matter if logged in or not the bundle is 499€ and the drumplugin 119€. So i would pay 499€ for 3 additional plugins. :lol:
Did you try again, I had the same issue but then later in the day it was resolved. Your upgrade price should be the same as it was before the DrumComputer release.
The personal bundle upgrade price always goes up during their sales so I suspect it was a glitch from their BF sale.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

simmo75 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:30 pm Demoing it, really impressed apart from the kick and low end in general. Hmmm... definitely missing a solid kick, will demo more...
Totally agree. Been playing around with it since yesterday and the kick/low end is my main complaint too. Otherwise, great stuff. But needs that low end.

But you can replace it with your own samples cant you?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:14 pm But you can replace it with your own samples cant you?
Sort of, but not really: viewtopic.php?p=7597887#p7597887
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

yehboy1 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:10 pm
simmo75 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:30 pm Demoing it, really impressed apart from the kick and low end in general. Hmmm... definitely missing a solid kick, will demo more...
Totally agree. Been playing around with it since yesterday and the kick/low end is my main complaint too. Otherwise, great stuff. But needs that low end.
Load the "CPO SinUp" wavetable in the second engine, dial it all the way to the left (for a start), set the "Pitch Mod" to a reasonable value using the "Superping" curve and pull up the low end with the peak eq.

Now play with each the WT position and/or the Pitch-Mod. :tu:

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:57 pm
mladi wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:48 pm Regarding upgrade prices: I have 12 plugins and doesn't matter if logged in or not the bundle is 499€ and the drumplugin 119€. So i would pay 499€ for 3 additional plugins. :lol:
Did you try again, I had the same issue but then later in the day it was resolved. Your upgrade price should be the same as it was before the DrumComputer release.
The personal bundle upgrade price always goes up during their sales so I suspect it was a glitch from their BF sale.
Yep, nothing changed. I contacted the support already.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Instruments”