Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Is there any way we can get a larger arp library for Icarus 2?

I believe I read somewhere how the effect section is limited because of something...
Can't really remember so I'll ask: 'why' are there only 3 effects possible in the chain?
Most synths I've seen offer more. In other words with icarus only 3 effects can be used simultaneously,...
I would like to know why, as I had read that there is a specific reason for it.

Lovely release. Fantastic job again....

This is a winner! Thank you for producing this beautiful instrument.

Bought Icarus during Black Friday week. The sound is that WOW. Markus, I hope that you will keep your business going on. Reducing it, would be such a big loss, although I understand your point.

But nevertheless, thanks for this outstanding synth update!

Wow, I woke up, loaded Icarus 2 and am amazed. One of the best mornings for a long time!

Here is an experimental DNB track made with Icarus V2 as the only synth and additional processing (it's just a temporary WIP upload to show a different side of the synth).
https://soundcloud.com/metasideaudio/me ... -1/s-DipNW

Thanks for all the great work Markus! Icarus is one of my fav synths now for sure and my go-to for resynthesis!
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

metaside wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:18 am Here is an experimental DNB track made with Icarus V2 as the only synth and additional processing (it's just a temporary WIP upload to show a different side of the synth).

Thanks for all the great work Markus! Icarus is one of my fav synths now for sure and my go-to for resynthesis!
MATE! what a awesome track, would love to see how you did this one! always love dnb!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

metaside wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:18 am Here is an experimental DNB track made with Icarus V2 as the only synth and additional processing (it's just a temporary WIP upload to show a different side of the synth).

You should definitely re-master this track. Way too loud, and oversaturated

So is this 2 update free for anyone buying it after april this year, or are there other conditions that still apply ?
Because certain shops still sell a license for Icarus 1...

Also, why does it only have 3 FX chained instead of say 5 or 6 like you would expect ?

Thnks for answering.

This sounds dope :tu: Incredible production and also very good musically.

I wish I had money to spend on plugins I don't need but still like. Icarus seems really fine synth
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

RandyEspoda wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:04 pm Also, why does it only have 3 FX chained instead of say 5 or 6 like you would expect ?

Thnks for answering.
Don´t you think that using external effects is always a better solution? I don´t know how other people think about it but I never use synth-internal effects. I love to sculpt a raw sound out of the synth and then process it with my own effects.

enCiphered wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:09 pm
RandyEspoda wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:04 pm Also, why does it only have 3 FX chained instead of say 5 or 6 like you would expect ?

Thnks for answering.
Don´t you think that using external effects is always a better solution? I don´t know how other people think about it but I never use synth-internal effects. I love to sculpt a raw sound out of the synth and then process it with my own effects.
Regardless, I would like to know why...

There's a lot more choices and flexibility using 'external' effects. They are clearly laid out in the DAW making it possible to see at a glance what the usage is during any stage of the mix, and when one comes back to a mix after a while. It also enables to constantly assess, for instance, if reverb is present or if it's a release stage of the envelope of a synth.

Apart from that, except for some cases I'm usually weary of sound sets that dope their sounds in reverb, to name only that effect. Sounds 'impressive' on their own, becomes more difficult to mix and often, when the 'internal' FX are removed or toned down, say for mixing purposes, what's left is not so glamorous.

when i install icarus2 with my icarus1 full version will it be overwritten? i have to wait 1-2 weeks for payment :/ BF was too much...
i wanna check out the randomizer :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”