GForce Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:43 pm Just how small is the Oddity2 GUI? Are we talking Korg Legacy Collection small?
Oddity2 GUI size is small, indeed. Especially the letters.

But Korg Odyssey GUI size is not small at all. In the Korg Collection it is the only synth to have an excellent GUI size. Its exact width is 928 pixels. And the height depends what you want to make visible (there are three options for the height).
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Agreed - the Odyssey’s GUI is fine, but the others have varying degrees of readability issues to the extent that some of them are very difficult to use.

alexfalcao wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:10 am With this sale the price for impOscar2 is cheaper than to upgrade from impOscar1 that is $75.00.
I sold v1 because the upgrade price was imho far too high ... now it's $33 I may pick it up again. :)
Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:13 pm Agreed - the Odyssey’s GUI is fine, but the others have varying degrees of readability issues to the extent that some of them are very difficult to use.
I think the Korg Odyssey could do with being resizable ... I'm struggling to read some of the lettering. The rest of the collection have become unusable for me with their tiny, tiny lettering.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:13 pm Agreed - the Odyssey’s GUI is fine, but the others have varying degrees of readability issues to the extent that some of them are very difficult to use.
when i were a nipper, my granddad used to rent a tv from rediffusion. they included this contraption you could fit on the front, to make it easier for those with bad eyesight to see the screen better.
now, of course "magnifier" is the word they used, however what it was, was a weird fish eye lens, that meant those of us without visual impairment would be nauseous if you watched the f1 :o

you could look for something like this, hopefully the technology has improved.

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:19 pm
when i were a nipper, my granddad used to rent a tv from rediffusion. they included this contraption you could fit on the front, to make it easier for those with bad eyesight to see the screen better.
now, of course "magnifier" is the word they used, however what it was, was a weird fish eye lens, that meant those of us without visual impairment would be nauseous if you watched the f1 :o

yay eddie the eagle!

some old sonicstate presentations/demos - kinda entertaining imho

oddity2 presented by dave spiers (5 years old)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIK0ud5X9lE

and impOSCar2 with the controller (8 years old)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gejxnPZMXaM

as for oddity2 GUI size:
you can download the demo and see for yourself...

korg vs gforce ody's my 0,02
korg feels easier on the eyes, gforce kind of more cluttered
gforce has 3 osc's, more modulation possibilites and the middle filter (moog) is imho very very special
imho gforce filters sound different and imho kind of more pleasing...

Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:22 pm

This has confused me for some time....given that so many KVRers are middle aged men, has it never occurred to all those whinging about unreadable GUIs that they may in fact benefit from an eye check. I literally can't see shit on any of my VSTs with the naked eye, but when I put my glasses on....whoa!!! Instant readability (iMac 27" 5K screen)...just a thought (and yes, I have plenty of the usual suspects for "tiny" and "unreadable font" VSTs.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:14 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:22 pm

This has confused me for some time....given that so many KVRers are middle aged men, has it never occurred to all those whinging about unreadable GUIs that they may in fact benefit from an eye check. I literally can't see shit on any of my VSTs with the naked eye, but when I put my glasses on....whoa!!! Instant readability (iMac 27" 5K screen)...just a thought (and yes, I have plenty of the usual suspects for "tiny" and "unreadable font" VSTs.
we are not getting old dammit! :tantrum:

++edited

BlackWinny wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:47 pm
codec_spurt wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:20 am Really, I wouldn't pass up the chance to get both impOSCar2 and Oddity2. They are both absolute masterpieces of software design. Lots of great presets too for Oddity2. Check out Mr. Arkadin - free presets:
https://www.audiobombs.com/items/282/mr ... scar2-bank
And no need to go on Audiobombs to get them. :D
The GForce customers can open this page "Patches for my instruments" whose content depends the purchased synths.

For the ImpOscar2 owners, the page contains internal download links (free downloads) for:
- impOSCar2 Sounds from Roger Lyons
- impOSCar2 Sounds from Plughugger
- impOSCar2 Sounds from Mr Arkadin
- impOSCar2 Sounds from Dave Spiers

And the owners of miniMonsta and those of Oddity2 will also find in this page banks of presets to downloads for free.

:tu:
The impOSCar2 patches I have on Audiobombs are more up-to-date than the ones on the GForce site (171 vs 143 patches), plus there are Oddity2 patches there too, which I don't think GForce have on their site. The first two banks of Oddity2 patches are my old Oddity patches updated and there's a new third bank.

I never had any problems with audiobombs (in fact they're so quiet I'd forget I uploaded those banks there if it wasn't for my sig), but if there's anyone with a real aversion to using the site just PM me an e-mail address and I'll send a zip of them to you.

cowby wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:21 pm Edited: Any one knows how to init preset in both Oddity and imposcars? thanks
There's an Init preset I created in my patches for Oddity2 and impOSCar2.

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:09 pmwe are not getting old dammit! :tantrum:
Yeah! I'm not old, I have a glandular condition! :x
A well-behaved signature.

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:19 pm It holds up really well, IMO. So much so that I’ve not bothered to even demo the Korg. I put it up against the ARP filter in my Studio Electronics ATC-X and it was very close. I highly recommend anything from GForce, though I must admit that Minimonsta needs an update. It’s still a cool synth, but it’s been eclipsed by other emulations like Legend and Monark.
I actually prefer the Type I filter in the Korg. It doesn't lose Bottom end/volume when turning the resonance up. I had sold Oddity once I got the updated Korg Legacy with Odyssey. But then I realized that I miss those extra modulations and stuff which is very useful for polyphonic sounds, so I'm happy I was able to buy it back cheaply. I prefer Oddity for pads and poly synth sounds. the Korg is quite heavy on CPU for those. But I do prefer the Korg Odyssey for classic odyssey mono/duo sounds with that Type I filter.

As for Minimonsta, I doubt that's getting an update due to the fact that it was a collab with Ohm force and it doesn't look like they are working together anymore. I did ask about the possibility of GUI updates and GForce said Oddity GUI update might happen.

codec_spurt wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:20 am The interface is a dream. You can resize it to three different sizes. It's out of this world good.
I just downloaded and installed the impOSCar2 demo, but I can't find a way to resize the tiny GUI (in standalone mode) .. any help appreciated :help:

I'm testing Oddity2 also, but the tiny lettering is almost unreadable for me.

Return to “Instruments”