ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Have you tried activating the plugin in another host? Just download a trial of any DAW. Reaper would be a good choice because the download is very small. Or you can check the free Cantabile Lite plugin host.

Maybe there's an issue with file system permissions? If you're on Windows you could try to run your DAW as administrator and see if you can then activate N3.

Reefius wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:07 am Have you tried activating the plugin in another host? Just download a trial of any DAW. Reaper would be a good choice because the download is very small. Or you can check the free Cantabile Lite plugin host.

Maybe there's an issue with file system permissions? If you're on Windows you could try to run your DAW as administrator and see if you can then activate N3.
Yep, I have FL Studio 20 as well. In there it's worse, as I can't even get to the activation, in FL 20 I get "The Fruity Wrapper plugin has caused a critical error while loading it's state". and the plugin crashes.

I've also tried running both DAWs as administrator and even installing Nexus 3/reFX cloud as administrator. None of those has had any effect.

You've no doubt answered this already X86, but have you contacted support? One consistently positive thing about reFX is people say how quick they are to respond.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

@VitaminD
I asked them about the ADVENT CALENDAR, there will be none this Year. They are busy with Nexus3.

exwel wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:45 pm
mgw38 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:42 pm
woodsdenis wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:36 pm Anyone else getting hard crashes on Mac 10.12.6 in Cubase, Studio One and Live 10 (all latest versions) when trying to activate, sometimes it seems to and 10 secs later crash to desktop.
Yes.

But ReFx just reached out to me and said they will push out an update soon that should fix this. It appears that there is hope. :pray:
Me too lost a whole day. Didn't fix it
Where can i send the invoice for my lost hours :(

Please fix it!!!!
Cubase crashes but live works
Feel stupid. it was another vst that i also installed. Serato sample!
My apologies .

It works.

maniacoli wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:15 am @VitaminD
I asked them about the ADVENT CALENDAR, there will be none this Year. They are busy with Nexus3.
Aww ok. Thank you for asking and sharing this info with me/us.

X86 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:19 am
Reefius wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:07 am Have you tried activating the plugin in another host? Just download a trial of any DAW. Reaper would be a good choice because the download is very small. Or you can check the free Cantabile Lite plugin host.

Yep, I have FL Studio 20 as well. In there it's worse, as I can't even get to the activation, in FL 20 I get "The Fruity Wrapper plugin has caused a critical error while loading it's state". and the plugin crashes.

I've also tried running both DAWs as administrator and even installing Nexus 3/reFX cloud as administrator. None of those has had any effect.
tried deleting everything with register editor to maybe?

I'm selling my nexus 3 license 15€ cheaper (235€). If someone's interested send me a PM.

The latest update fixed all my issues. Gotta say, Nexus 3 is pretty awesome. The developer did an excellent job with it, and over all I'm very happy with the product. Props to them for fixing the hiccups quickly.

There will be alot more in future Updates, so many suggestions and deep dive activities ;) Watch Out Dudes

btw 3.0.8 out -> https://refx.com/nexus/version/

maniacoli wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:29 pm There will be alot more in future Updates, so many suggestions and deep dive activities ;) Watch Out Dudes

btw 3.0.8 out -> https://refx.com/nexus/version/
How do you know?

Someone wake me when the beta testing for Nexus3 upgrade is finished.

SciFiArtMan wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:58 pm Someone wake me when the beta testing for Nexus3 upgrade is finished.
..but then you miss half of the fun! :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:23 pm
SciFiArtMan wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:58 pm Someone wake me when the beta testing for Nexus3 upgrade is finished.
..but then you miss half of the fun! :hihi:
LOL, good point... to tell the truth I'm afraid to open my Nexus2 in fear that I'll be sucked into a blackhole of missing patches, arps, and customizations, broken plugin mechanics, and forced to join the Brotherhood, er I mean the Cloud, where everything seems to go straight to hell. Luckily I don't have any projects that can't wait for the dust to clear, and hopefully N2 will work as it used to. I'm not even sure about buying a few new legacy banks I've had my eye on! Will that force me to use the Cloud!? I don't wanna lose N2 and all I've put into it!!!?

Now that I think about it - this IS fun!

Hehe.. very true.. have the same concerns.. but anyway; In case you went on to buy some of the legacy banks you will need the cloud thing as there is no other way to download something.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Instruments”