Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Codemeter and 1.5 installed OK here - but every time I reboot Windows, and load Avenger in Reaper - it doesn't recognise the Factory content.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned - but this thread got very busy for a while ;)

I can re-install it in the SYS tab - and it works fine - until I reboot.
I'm on 1.5.3, and I tried dragging and just browsing the file system to install the factory content - but still no good after a reboot.

What am i missing?
Thanks.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:20 pm
hvyen wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:46 am
Caine123 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:52 pm
mholloway wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:00 pm
frackermak wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:44 pm Electro body music.
See Combichrist 👍
Combichrist? EBM? Uhh....
Perhaps 'somewhat inspired by' at best, but EBM, no....

When people say 'EBM' it generally means: Front 242 (who quite literally *invented* the term EBM -- electronic body music) and Nitzer Ebb, and the various many offshoots from there. And even where I to name twenty of them, effing Combichrist would never have made the list, but so it goes.
or new generation HARSH EBM! hocico, suicide commando, alien vampires etc.
Influenced by Front 242 (one of my favourite bands), I've made the preset "AR Moldavia" which you can find in the new Rom Extension 2 XP in Nexus3. :tu: I'm also working on some Darksynth sounds for Avenger which fit into the EBM genre as well.
and this is awesome :D for any recommendations im here ;)
It’s great to see how people react. :lol:
Avenger needs more Dark hellish presets so far away from mainstream EDM sounds.
A perfect mix of analog and agressive sounds.

From DAF old school detuned bass to Suicide commando aggrotech bleeding leads .
From VNV dark analog Pads to Wumscut sick cristal plucks.
From Velvet Acid 303 Arps to deadly rhythm crushed by radioactive Drum kits.
:evil:

scrkvr wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:34 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:20 pm
hvyen wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:46 am
Caine123 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:52 pm
mholloway wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:00 pm
frackermak wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:44 pm Electro body music.
See Combichrist 👍
Combichrist? EBM? Uhh....
Perhaps 'somewhat inspired by' at best, but EBM, no....

When people say 'EBM' it generally means: Front 242 (who quite literally *invented* the term EBM -- electronic body music) and Nitzer Ebb, and the various many offshoots from there. And even where I to name twenty of them, effing Combichrist would never have made the list, but so it goes.
or new generation HARSH EBM! hocico, suicide commando, alien vampires etc.
Influenced by Front 242 (one of my favourite bands), I've made the preset "AR Moldavia" which you can find in the new Rom Extension 2 XP in Nexus3. :tu: I'm also working on some Darksynth sounds for Avenger which fit into the EBM genre as well.
and this is awesome :D for any recommendations im here ;)
It’s great to see how people react. :lol:
Avenger needs more Dark hellish presets so far away from mainstream EDM sounds.
A perfect mix of analog and agressive sounds.

From DAF old school detuned bass to Suicide commando aggrotech bleeding leads .
From VNV dark analog Pads to Wumscut sick cristal plucks.
From Velvet Acid 303 Arps to deadly rhythm crushed by radioactive Drum kits.
:evil:
Definitely :)

Splatterelectro would be too niche though :/
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

In the same way of moving away from mainstream sounds (known suspects), Cinematic 2 is absolutely brilliant.

It gives me so many fresh options with Avenger.

So yeah .... more diversity, please.

Maybe Avenger can creep into more Kontakt territory, especially while NI are doing nothing really new

Footnote
Many synths seem to have the same old presets, edm, tarnce, 80s, useless drones, famous riffs, etc
- which is good, but ....

(I must sound so spoiled :oops: )
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:00 pm Where do I find Aux outputs in Avenger?

I want to route my Avenger oscs to separate DAW mixer channels.

I can do it fine for drum tracks, as these out routings show in the Drum Mixer.

But I can't find an equivalent aux routing in the General Mixer

Where do I find the Aux Out assignments please?
It's in the FX rack (not especially intuitive I know. Route things to one of the FX busses, and from there you can route out to your DAW (without needing to add any FX of course).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

kevvvvv wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:21 pm Maybe Avenger can creep into more Kontakt territory, especially while NI are doing nothing really new
You may want to look at Falcon - you can pretty much "design" Avenger or Kontakt inside a Falcon layer (and no, is not as cumbersome as going under the hood of Reaktor, rather more like a daw inside a daw, look for youtube videos, is better if you see it yourself)

kevvvvv wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:00 pm Where do I find Aux outputs in Avenger?

I want to route my Avenger oscs to separate DAW mixer channels.

I can do it fine for drum tracks, as these out routings show in the Drum Mixer.

But I can't find an equivalent aux routing in the General Mixer

Where do I find the Aux Out assignments please?
This might help:

https://sleepfreaks-dtm.com/en/softsynth/osc-paraout/
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:15 pm
laz wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 am Can anyone tell where to buy the Dongle for avenger 1.5? I have to use the Synth in a PC without internet access.
I wrote an email to the support and i got a response, that a user reported that the Reason Dongle works for Avenger.
Can anyone confirm?
Thank you in advance!
Really? I’d certainly get confirmation from VPS about that first. The Ignition Key USB dongle is $50 from Reason Studios.

*EDIT: VPS support told you this??!
I got a reply from the support and he told me exactly this:
" Hi.
we dont sell the dongles, I am sorry
User reported, the Propellerheads Reason Dongle worked for them."

So I need a confirmation before buying the Reason key.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:19 pm
laz wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 am Can anyone tell where to buy the Dongle for avenger 1.5? I have to use the Synth in a PC without internet access.
I wrote an email to the support and i got a response, that a user reported that the Reason Dongle works for Avenger.
Can anyone confirm?
Thank you in advance!
If the Reason Ignition Key (aka CmStick) is a v3 model or above, it will work. I have a v2, it definitely does not work.
Sorry but I have to ask...
How can you be sure if you don't have the v3 model?

No problem, ask away :)

I emailed Vengeance support after I failed to get it to work with a V2 (ignition key), and they confirmed it would only work with >= v3.

Manuel hopefully in the near future we can search our drums kit more easy like a search for claps and snares and kicks

Seems to me if I programming bass sound in Avenger, it takes a lot of processing to make it sit in the mix. While in original Massive, the bass sound is so easy. Do you guys make bass with Avenger? Any tips?

@noiseboyuk, sircuit, EnochLight

cheers for the help, mates :tu: :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

eluherlu wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:34 am Seems to me if I programming bass sound in Avenger, it takes a lot of processing to make it sit in the mix. While in original Massive, the bass sound is so easy. Do you guys make bass with Avenger? Any tips?
yeah... if you're doing so well with an alternatives "is so easy" why change.

Personally i find the envelopes a lot easier in Avenger to tune bass exactly as needed. I recently sold my copy of Massive.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:53 pm No problem, ask away :)

I emailed Vengeance support after I failed to get it to work with a V2 (ignition key), and they confirmed it would only work with >= v3.
Thank you. I'm gonna buy this Reason ignition key and will try. Hopefully it will work.

Return to “Instruments”