DrumComputer VST from Sugar Bytes - out now, EUR119!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DrumComputer

Just by listening demos and previews you can easily hear that something is wrong with low end in this synth - there is none. Like there is major high cut filter applied till 250hz. Everything else sounds fine.

It seems like this thing would really benefit from an additional sine wave suboscillator with its own envelope-controlled VCA.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

HcDoom wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:11 pm Just by listening demos and previews you can easily hear that something is wrong with low end in this synth - there is none. Like there is major high cut filter applied till 250hz. Everything else sounds fine.

HcDoom wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:11 pm Just by listening demos and previews you can easily hear that something is wrong with low end in this synth - there is none. Like there is major high cut filter applied till 250hz. Everything else sounds fine.
The low end sounds fine to me, maybe not that sub-bass rumble, but as low as I will ever need or want.

I really like the overall sound of this drum synth and its very easy to sculpt new sounds...I have been playing with it for a couple of hours strait now, a really well designed and well thought out drum machine, both immediate and deep- Gives my Elektron RYTM a run for its money...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Looks really cool but I literally just bought XO and I’m thrilled with it. Not the same things but I don’t really need to spend another 100 bucks on a drum plug-in right now

I kind of wish Sugar Bytes stuff was cheaper, or occasionally offered steeper discounts than the usual 30% or whatever. Almost everything they have looks really nice, but I have such a complete set of tools and fx that I can never justify spending the money on what seems like a fun, novel twist on something I already have

whannel wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:27 pm Login to your account and get DrumComputer for a special upgrade price.

Sugar Bundle Upgrade Offer - Complete your Sugar Bytes Collection!

Our customized offer for you includes DrumComputer (not in your account yet) at a hefty discount.

€69 8)
Wouldn't say €69 (€50 off) is a "hefty" discount. If they would promise at least one more (future) plugin for that price, it would have been an good deal. Now it's only an OK deal. But as far as I can remember, Sugar Bytes only releases one new plugin per bundle version.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

The randomize functions well but could do with parameter locks, unless i'm missing this?

Hmm, are the sounds in the trailer made entirely using synthesis?

All Drums are from DrumComputer.....

Multiple Layers of DrumComputer presets simultaneously,
also Remix/Autofill/Randomised Drum Presets Bounced and Chopped and Sequenced accordingly.

Rest all are External Samples, Synths and Vocals....
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

Check out the preset: Alexis Retsis > 1. AR DarkyBeats. How are they getting those randomized patterns every 2 bars or so? I haven't RTFMed yet so just looking for a hand out.

plexuss wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:09 am Check out the preset: Alexis Retsis > 1. AR DarkyBeats. How are they getting those randomized patterns every 2 bars or so? I haven't RTFMed yet so just looking for a hand out.
I've been trying to figure that out too (without RTFM) and all i know is that somehow the auto 1 and 2 in the lower right are somehow being triggered.

psynical wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:53 am
plexuss wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:09 am Check out the preset: Alexis Retsis > 1. AR DarkyBeats. How are they getting those randomized patterns every 2 bars or so? I haven't RTFMed yet so just looking for a hand out.
I've been trying to figure that out too (without RTFM) and all i know is that somehow the auto 1 and 2 in the lower right are somehow being triggered.
Yes! I see that too! I RTFMed. Here's the relevant details:

Remix
The Remix Feature is a one touch fill maker. Activate the Remix control temporarily to mutate the current pattern. 16 remix figures are available:

1-8 creates small rolls over 2-3 drum sounds, each figure addressing another group of engines.
9-14 will assign existing patterns to different engines.
15&16 creates pure 16th rolls and fires these across the engines.

Additionally, random pitch bends, send fx- and filter sweeps will be generated.

Auto Fill
Will generate random fills automatically and works in a song-oriented way:

Auto 1
At the end of each 4th bar, a fill will be generated for the last 1/4 note.
At the end of each 8th bar, a fill will be generated for the last 1/2 note.
At the end of each 16th bar, a fill will be generated for the while 16th bar.

Auto 2
Same as Auto 1 but generates fills more frequently (fills at 2/4/8 instead of 4/8/16),

Fills include trigger/engine re-routings, randomized send effect levels, filter sweeps and pitchbend curves. Since AUTO FILL is connected to your song position, it might be ill-timed when your song does not start at bar 1. Use Auto Fill Offset in the Settings, to adapt Auto Fill to your real song start. For example, if your song starts at bar 3, set Auto Fill Offset to 3 bars.

AUTO FILL is completely translated to MIDI.

Use the MIDI drag and drop feature to get an unlimited number of fills and then choose the best.

Just a heads up - it's now available via JRR Shop, which for Europeans means it's $119 instead of EUR119 :)

https://www.jrrshop.com/sugar-bytes-drumcomputer
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:11 pm
Izak Synthiemental wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:08 pm Amazing interface. So, for each drum category their is a distinct sound engine to sculpt the sound? That's amazing!
No, it's the same 3-piece engine (resonator, wavetable & resynth) for all types of hits, including a synthesizer :)

https://youtu.be/Oq5Gt-HVoi4
Either that was poorly recorded or the kicks are weak as hell.

fabulous beast!:)
deeper than it looks.
playing now it it.
fun :)

Return to “Instruments”