AudioThing releases Hand Clapper - Update v1.5.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hand Clapper

To bump this thread, i've just achieved a small library for this plugin, involving it very peculiar articulation applied on custom made samples :

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/hand-cl ... /downloads

here a short demo songs involving 19 instances of Hand Clapper, the only processor used apart from Hand Clapper is VW on master track

https://soundcloud.com/perbuatan1883/ha ... -fantasies

Krakatau wrote:To bump this thread, i've just achieved a small library for this plugin, involving it very peculiar articulation applied on custom made samples :

here a short demo songs involving 19 instances of Hand Clapper, the only processor used apart from Hand Clapper is VW on master track

Very cool and thanks!

Krakatau wrote:To bump this thread, i've just achieved a small library for this plugin, involving it very peculiar articulation applied on custom made samples :

Cool! Thanks for sharing it, very creative sounds compared to standard "Claps" :)
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

audiothing wrote:Cool! Thanks for sharing it, very creative sounds compared to standard "Claps" :)
very encouraging comments coming from you, thanks a lot !

...I used to calibrate here samples to a use as percussive sounds or assimilate, the articulation in itself was very inspiring, especially the Random feature, I’m thinking on creating a similar sound library exploiting the peculiar articulation and effect chain within hats in a near future using custom samples, just wait and see.

8) :tu:

to add a last comment on a few suggestion that came to my mind while working on these presets :

1) - the ability to lock the filter to the sample's original pitch, so it would stay optimal wathever would be it transposition through keyboard or randomisation or both

2) - assuming the reverb is based on an impulse response, a few others that might leave a quick and easy choice to the user

3) - perhaps a simple envelope that controls the volume of the claps, to created a kind of reverse reverb effect, for example

4) - perhaps also polyphony, especially affecting the repetition effect

...Also on transposed down samples some glitches appears while playing, it might benefit of some improvement

without much pretenciousness of course , because it might not have much thing to do with a hand clapper module anymore

:oops:

It's nice to see Hand Clapper not limited to claps and snares ;)
Krakatau wrote:to add a last comment on a few suggestion that came to my mind while working on these presets :

1) - the ability to lock the filter to the sample's original pitch, so it would stay optimal wathever would be it transposition through keyboard or randomisation or both
Makes sense indeed. Noted.
Krakatau wrote:2) - assuming the reverb is based on an impulse response, a few others that might leave a quick and easy choice to the user

3) - perhaps a simple envelope that controls the volume of the claps, to created a kind of reverse reverb effect, for example
It's not based on convolution, but I'd like to keep it simple/minimal with not many controls. I'm not sure if I will ever add new controls to it.
Krakatau wrote:...Also on transposed down samples some glitches appears while playing, it might benefit of some improvement
Thanks, I'll investigate the issue.
Krakatau wrote:.without much pretenciousness of course , because it might not have much thing to do with a hand clapper module anymore

:oops:
No worries, I'm always open to feedback and suggestions. But, yes, I'd like to keep it "limited" and focused on claps sounds. Adding more would turn it into a different kind of plugin.

Update v1.5
We've updated Hand Clapper to version 1.5!
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
  • Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support
  • Added: VST3 plugin format
  • Added: 11 new presets and 6 new samples
  • Added: Parameter Lock
  • Added: Edit Value option for Knobs
  • Added: Notification System
  • Added: Online Authorization Form
  • Added: Global option – Resizable Window
  • Improved: New GUI with support for Retina/HiDPI displays
  • Improved: CPU and memory usage
  • Fixed: Bounce to file length bug
Please note: this update is 64bit only! We have dropped support for 32bit and older operating systems.
New minimum requirements: Windows 7 and OS X 10.7.

awesome cheers!

i have a few suggestions for Hats too, if you're interested?

I applaud this free update for Handclapper. And hats off if Hats would get a free update too.
More BPM please

Thanks for updating this awesome plugin!

sqigls wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:49 am awesome cheers!

i have a few suggestions for Hats too, if you're interested?
Absolutely, we will update Hats as soon as possible. We are in the process of updating all our older plugins.

dionenoid wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:10 am I applaud this free update for Handclapper. And hats off if Hats would get a free update too.
:D definitely, Hats is gonna get the same improvements (new UI, Catalina, etc...)
cranium wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:21 am Thanks for updating this awesome plugin!
Enjoy!

I recently purchased this plugin and want to share my experience.
First off, most sounds are really good, it cuts trough the mix on its own and blends really well with other layered drum sounds/samples. I mostly use the 3 excellent basic samples (808, 909, HC), mainly because these are round robin. The interface is well balanced. Simple yet flexible. I was looking for something like this for a while and this is perfect for me.

But most of all I wanted to share my experience with support (Carlo). I ran into some issues with this plugin and I have rarely experienced such quick response and fixes. Evenings, weekends, holidays. I was stunned with how responsive he was and how quickly he came with new versions. And considering this is a pretty old (7 years..) plugin and dirt cheap.. hats off for such dedication and support. If you recently tried this plugin. Try again. He recently (one of them a few hours before I write this) fixed some issue that improves the sound a lot.

I also bought their hats plugin. Same story. Excellent sounds (for my music, EDM, melodic techno, minimal), good interface and also quick response on a (minor) issue I reported.

Lastly, audiothing really knows how to dissect sounds. I never had a plugin that was able to reproduce such nice sounding 808/909 claps/hats with fine control over not just basic parameters like decay, but things like the repetitions for hand clapper and the noise parameter in hats, which is not just white noise but that 'ringing' noise from analog hats. Nice

Thank you for your kind words and thanks again for spotting the issues :)

So, we have just updated Hand Clapper to v1.5.1
You can download the update from your user area.

Changes:
- Added: 3 new presets and 3 new samples
- Added: macOS 12 Monterey support (Universal 2 Binary)
- Added: Option to disable Round Robin
- Added: Internal support for left-hand mouse users
- Added: Light and Dark UI mode
- Added: Option to enable Accelerated GUI
- Improved: Round Robin Consistency
- Improved: Source labels can now be clicked
- Removed: Legacy feature “Bounce to file”
- Fixed: Samplerate not updating correctly
- Fixed: Parameter locks not recalling properly when loading saved projects

Hand Clapper update v1.5.2. Now available on iOS/iPad and Linux.
And, of course, we have added 👏 CLAP plugin format!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hand-clap ... 1665705598

Changelog:
- Added: macOS 13 Ventura support
- Added: Windows 11 support
- Added: Linux VST2, VST3, CLAP plugin formats
- Improved: CPU and memory usage
- Improved: Triggering notes faster when clicking on the pad
- Fixed: Custom sample path saved with relative path for new presets
- Fixed: Random mute while recalling Live, Cubase, or Bitwig projects on macOS

Return to “Instruments”