RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

parawave wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:12 pm Yes, you have to zip it without folder.

Just select the files. Right-Click > Send To > Comressed (zipped) Folder.
That's what I was doing but you can't zip the whole folder but instead the contents (100%,200% etc)

So now I've got the theme to show up but I get this:

Rapid 120519-4.png
It appears the contents are all there, xml file, ini file sub folders etc.

Oh well. The Modern theme is great. I just like to edit themes to my personal taste and I've done so for dozens of plugins that allow skin editing but with a great deal more success.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:34 pm
parawave wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:12 pm Yes, you have to zip it without folder.

Just select the files. Right-Click > Send To > Comressed (zipped) Folder.
That's what I was doing but you can't zip the whole folder but instead the contents (100%,200% etc)

So now I've got the theme to show up but I get this:

Rapid 120519-4.png

It appears the contents are all there, xml file, ini file sub folders etc.

Oh well. The Modern theme is great. I just like to edit themes to my personal taste and I've done so for dozens of plugins that allow skin editing but with a great deal more success.
Is not difficult. Start by duplicating the theme, unpack it, just change the name in the xml file, pack it back, rename the zip appropriately, reload Rapid and see if it lists your new named theme.
Then all is left is changing colors & stuff and doign the pack to zip as before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes that's exactly what I've done as I mentioned before. But like I said I get this.....

Rapid 120519-4.png

I might have hosed something while editing the .png files. I'll keep working on it. I've done color edits for quite a few plugins such as Dune which I've done a half dozen color edits for over the years.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Will be there winter sale for Rapid?

It's on sale now........ :wink:

Ok I just purchased Rapid so I'm going to get stuck in making patches and checking out the factory content. Faffing about with the Themes can wait........ :hyper:

Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:01 pm It's on sale now........ :wink:

Ok I just purchased Rapid so I'm going to get stuck in making patches and checking out the factory content. Faffing about with the Themes can wait........ :hyper:
Did you pick up any expansions? I’m torn on buying them all or 3-4

Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:01 pm It's on sale now........ :wink:
I'm just still not sure if I need to buy it right now. Already bought couple of powerful synths this back Friday :D
Just checked my bookmarks, and according to the Parawave sales history, there is should be 25-35% sale at the end of December.

Can't get any reaction at all in any Oscillator when dragging a wt or sample onto it. Is this a known problem for Macs or in Logic?

Importing to a new Library using the various dialog boxes works well…

@parawave

Oh I wasn't expecting it any time soon, just wanted some confirmation that it was planned.
Also discovered that you can right click on the sequencer to edit the other end (or bottom point of most shapes) of each curve
You can't do this in most performer (in reference to massive) style modulators. So that covers a lot of the need for msegs already.

Also I really dig the new skin, and rapid has some really cool features (and some of the best presets I've heard). thanks for the reply, can't wait to see what happens next year
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

sircuit wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:30 pm
epiphaneia wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:41 pm As today´s the last day of Rapid´s Black Friday pricing... this to all you Rapid + Rapid extension owners:

... are there any extensions that are *way better* than the presets or extend Rapid into sonic territories uncovered by the presets, or are the extensions basically at the same quality level as the presets, just "more" and "genre specific"?
If you like the factory you'll definitely like the XPs because its the same designer (I think is Mirko Ruta for all XPs). The demos are pretty self-explanatory.
The Synthwave XT was made by me, Marcel Susenburger (Sense Gemini Sound)

David wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:11 pm
It may surprise some, but it's actually the arpeggiators in Rapid that are the main thing that brings it to MY radar and makes it worth grabbing. I've already got tons of other synths and samplers that can make the same noises and beyond, and several of these also have layers and multiple arpeggiators (Avenger, Omnisphere, Unify [coming soon])…

But even the demo version reveals how exceptionally easy, fast, unique, and deep the Rapid arps are, like much else in "Rapid" apparently (except for multi-sample import!!—GO SFZ!!).

So, here's one vote at least for moving MIDI Out higher in the priority list:)
I think that this arpeggiator is okay, at first...you know there are also tons of arpeggiators outside, and some are very good...lets count
- Blue Arp
- xfer Cthulhu
- DAW native Arpeggiator, except in Bitwig that Arp sucks a bit
- Kirnu
- sugarbytes Thesys
- hypercyclic

Yeah, I agree, lots of cool arps out there; I collect ‘em and have all you mention:) Current fave is BlueArp. Rapid’s is the latest addition, for it’s own interesting features. Seems a shame to have it locked up inside a single instrument, that’s all.

I haven't seen much discussion of the Rapid FX plugin (nor any pictures). Perhaps I've overlooked such.

Does it incorporate just a single layer Effects stack, or is there more to it than that?

rj0 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:21 am I haven't seen much discussion of the Rapid FX plugin (nor any pictures). Perhaps I've overlooked such.

Does it incorporate just a single layer Effects stack, or is there more to it than that?
The input signal goes to Layer 1 and you can use all FX. Also the modulations (ADSR, LFO, Sequencer) can be used. And the most powerfull think is the 'send' effect, so you can send your signal (parallel or serial) to other layers. Check out the presets I made for RAPID FX (they are included). I used very often the send parameter especially for delays and reverbs.
I will make some tutorials in the next days about it.

Peace!

So after using the full version of Rapid for the last couple of days I must say that I am very impressed. Nice high quality sound, feature rich, and a great workflow. The new Default theme just pulled it all together for me.

The Sample Import is a bit of a disappointment and as someone else said .sfz import would be a really welcome addition.

But all in all Rapid is an awesome synth that should probably get more respect than it does currently. In a short time it has shot up the list of my favorite synths.

Excited to see what the future holds. Well done Parawave..... :tu:

Return to “Instruments”