Youlean Loudness Meter 2 - V2.5.2 - April 25, 2022 update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Youlean Loudness Meter

Caine123 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:03 am ok i need to check these functions ;) thx is the performance of it also better? cause izotope is always cpu hungry
For the performance, you can do a couple of things to improve it, switch adv. optimizations on and if you don't need too precise true peak measurement (but still within the standard), turn on the eco true peak. All those options are in advanced settings.

Calenberger wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:08 am I have a two years old iMac
Just to know, I am currently testing this update that will bring even smoother GUI performance with newer apple displays that have p3 color gamut. :)

This is really a nice tool! Will you maybe add an option to let it also normalize audio or will it stay to be a analyzing tool?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Just nipped in at the Black Friday price. Looking forward to trying the pro version 👍
Cutting it fine!

Caine123 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:54 am This is really a nice tool! Will you maybe add an option to let it also normalize audio or will it stay to be a analyzing tool?
Thanks! :wink:

The more I develop it the more I think it will stay only the analysis tool. I think I will make it too complicated if I add normalization too. This is feature more for the new plugin...

frackermak wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:18 am Just nipped in at the Black Friday price. Looking forward to trying the pro version 👍
Cutting it fine!
Thanks frackermak! :wink:

Youlean Pro version worth the upgrade. Not only the dynamic range meter, which is great addition but the stand-alone is another fantastic feature. Without needing to open a DAW, you can drop a media file into the stand-alone version and get all of the measurements. Could Youlean also become a media player as well? Since it analyzes the audio of the media file, what about transport controls so that it could be played back and visualized simultaneously? Would other users appreciate that?
It would also be nice for the stand-alone to have a preference to open on last preset used or to a specific preset.

missed it...gonna spend some time with free version, altough not creative this seems essential and i want to learn some new tricks.

DrReacto wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:19 am Youlean Pro version worth the upgrade. Not only the dynamic range meter, which is great addition but the stand-alone is another fantastic feature. Without needing to open a DAW, you can drop a media file into the stand-alone version and get all of the measurements. Could Youlean also become a media player as well? Since it analyzes the audio of the media file, what about transport controls so that it could be played back and visualized simultaneously? Would other users appreciate that?
It would also be nice for the stand-alone to have a preference to open on last preset used or to a specific preset.
Thank you! :)
I don't want to make Youlean Loudness Meter a media player. I don't think it is necessary since you can already do drag and drop.
You already can load standalone with the last saved preset in the Advanced menu! 8)

robindrieghe wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:49 pm missed it...gonna spend some time with free version, altough not creative this seems essential and i want to learn some new tricks.
The free version is very powerful, so it might be everything you need in the beginning. :wink:

Hey guys, I was busy working on this update, so if anyone wants to check it out, you can download it here:

Windows: https://youlean.co/wp-content/uploads/2 ... ws-RC1.zip
macOS: https://youlean.co/wp-content/uploads/2 ... OS-RC1.zip

Here is the changelog:

Fixed standalone app not starting the audio engine after the first install on macOS
Fixed standalone app crashes if digital inputs are selected
Fixed plugin always starts in default size
Fixed window resizing in Ozone 9
Fixed dynamic range graph color do not update on preset change
Fixed channel selection menu not showing correctly with histogram disabled
Fixed short term alerts not set and reloaded properly in free version
Fixed edited preset indication not working for streaming services
Fixed tooltips showing wrong info if menus are open
Added dialog gating option based on Dolby Dialog Intelligence
Added option to see a voice detection inside the histogram based on Dolby Dialog Intelligence
Added option to ignore system audio volume on Windows standalone app
Added option to always keep the standalone app on top of other windows
Added option to resize the window by its sides
Added option to auto update export name based on the file name from drag and drop
Added option to select integrated relative gate type
Added option to select adaptive dialog gate method of calculation
Added adaptive gate threshold setting
Added configurable averaging window for the momentary loudness calculation
Added integrated relative gate indication in the histogram
Added Netflix preset
Added Deezer preset
Updated YouTube preset
Changed indication for edited preset to a simple star symbol
Output settings are removed on the standalone app because they are not needed
The standalone app now remembers it’s position
Integrated alerts are now set with presets automatically
Successful export message box now shows the full path of the exported file
Advanced optimizations are now on by default
Improved project saving speed with large graphs
Improved loading speed
Changed LK indication to more correct LU indication
The standalone app preferences will be reverted to default values
Windows installer now remembers previous install paths
Improved GUI performance on 5K iMacs and macOS running non-default display color profiles
Other small UI, UX improvements

Thanks for the update! I just installed and so far so good. I'm really, really glad that default size bug was fixed - it was driving me nuts. :eek:

transmisser wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:43 am Thanks for the update! I just installed and so far so good. I'm really, really glad that default size bug was fixed - it was driving me nuts. :eek:
Awesome! Hahaha, sorry about that bug! :)

Just updated to 2.4rc1 from 2.2 and this really feels super smooth now. Good job!

A small bug I found is when I wanted to save the preset: it did not react on the + button (worked before in 2.2).
I had to first resize the window, then the + button worked again.

Another small bug happens when I click on the drop down for the preset box. A black bar appears and does not go away from the menu even when I close + reopen it (screenshot attached).

I guess it isn't possible yet to export the presets/meter settings?
Would be very useful to be able to export all settings and load them on another computer.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dermage wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:47 am Just updated to 2.4rc1 from 2.2 and this really feels super smooth now. Good job!

A small bug I found is when I wanted to save the preset: it did not react on the + button (worked before in 2.2).
I had to first resize the window, then the + button worked again.

Another small bug happens when I click on the drop down for the preset box. A black bar appears and does not go away from the menu even when I close + reopen it (screenshot attached).

I guess it isn't possible yet to export the presets/meter settings?
Would be very useful to be able to export all settings and load them on another computer.

Thanks!
I will check these bugs.
You can migrate presets/settings manually currently.

On Windows copy and paste the following folder to the new machine:
C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Youlean\Youlean Loudness Meter 2

On macOS copy and paste the following folder to the new machine:
/Users/Your Username/Library/Application Support/Youlean/Youlean Loudness Meter 2

Return to “Effects”