Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

tdm71 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:59 pm I was/am ready to pull the trigger on a bunch of the tone2 plugs but with the knowledge that this will be the last synth, I’m afraid that they will end up along the lines of Linplug and Camel.

Anyone else concerned?
No...it works great and that is all I care about. Don't worry about the future...use what is available NOW!

tdm71 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:59 pm I was/am ready to pull the trigger on a bunch of the tone2 plugs but with the knowledge that this will be the last synth, I’m afraid that they will end up along the lines of Linplug and Camel.

Anyone else concerned?
markus has clearly stated on this thread that tone2 will continue to update and support icarus2... just no new synths...

Is there already a demo version? I just couldn't find anything on tone2.com.

outerspacecat wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:33 pm Is there already a demo version? I just couldn't find anything on tone2.com.
you mean, the demos on the downloads page? :hihi:

fisherKing wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:47 pm
outerspacecat wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:33 pm Is there already a demo version? I just couldn't find anything on tone2.com.
Downloading! I could swear that Icarus 2(!) wasn't mentioned in the "Free demos" column half an hour ago. Probably just unable to see the wood for the trees...

outerspacecat wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:05 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:47 pm
Downloading! I could swear that Icarus 2(!) wasn't mentioned in the "Free demos" column half an hour ago. Probably just unable to see the wood for the trees...
or so excited by the prospect that you missed it? we've all been there...

sureno wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 am Thanks Marcus, I’m a beta tester for Ableton and the vst isn’t showing in their latest release, I will flag it with them too if that helps

So far I haven’t run into any other plugins (not Catalina compatible or otherwise) that have this issue, I have a vast array of plugins all running latest versions
Markus Krause wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:17 am
have you already sent out upgrade e-mails to existing Icarus 1-customers? I haven't received anything yet.
Please note that the upgrade is free only for customers who bought it for the regular price till April 2019. You purchased it in August 2018. Check your email ;-)
----
@sureno:
I am further investigating this and will provide a free update if it should caused by our software.
So far it seems to be an incompatibility with software-norarisation + Ableton 10.1.5 + VST. I currently assume that Ableton requires an update. I assume that it affects also other plugins.
I recommend just using the AU version instead of the VST till the problem with Ableton 10.1.5 is fixed.
---
I would've expected the dynamic pitch resynthesis to make use of the new high-precision MSEG

This is something possible for a future update
Same here on 10.15.1 (Catalina) with Ableton Live 10.1.5 and Ableton Live 10.1.9b2.
Found a hint in one log file when I was opening a support ticket at Ableton:
error: Code signature verification failed for /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Synths/Icarus.vst with error -67023 (invalid resource directory (directory or signature have been modified))

Anyone else concerned?
That's a bit of a stretch and wild speculation at best. I rather have a company which keeps developing their current line up, than bringing out something new every few months. I definitely did not read a-la-Linplug future in the statement of Markus.

LOL I really thought it was just me but now I suppose as more users of updated software are finding the same issue I am I can no longer have sleepless nights lol
xmaster wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:08 pm
sureno wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 am Thanks Marcus, I’m a beta tester for Ableton and the vst isn’t showing in their latest release, I will flag it with them too if that helps

So far I haven’t run into any other plugins (not Catalina compatible or otherwise) that have this issue, I have a vast array of plugins all running latest versions
have you already sent out upgrade e-mails to existing Icarus 1-customers? I haven't received anything yet.
Please note that the upgrade is free only for customers who bought it for the regular price till April 2019. You purchased it in August 2018. Check your email ;-)
----
@sureno:
I am further investigating this and will provide a free update if it should caused by our software.
So far it seems to be an incompatibility with software-norarisation + Ableton 10.1.5 + VST. I currently assume that Ableton requires an update. I assume that it affects also other plugins.
I recommend just using the AU version instead of the VST till the problem with Ableton 10.1.5 is fixed.
---
I would've expected the dynamic pitch resynthesis to make use of the new high-precision MSEG

Same here on 10.15.1 (Catalina) with Ableton Live 10.1.5 and Ableton Live 10.1.9b2.
error: Code signature verification failed for /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Synths/Icarus.vst with error -67023 (invalid resource directory (directory or signature have been modified))

sureno wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:52 am LOL I really thought it was just me but now I suppose as more users of updated software are finding the same issue I am I can no longer have sleepless nights lol
xmaster wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:08 pm

----
@sureno:
---

The biggest quote ever.

Is there a way like in some vst synths that we can somehow right click on a knob or any control, find out the value, and then adjust the value by entering the new value, if possible?

pinbot wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:52 am Is there a way like in some vst synths that we can somehow right click on a knob or any control, find out the value, and then adjust the value by entering the new value, if possible?
No. When you right click on a knob, you get the option to either assign a MIDI CC # or reset the control to default value.

Download the demo! :wink:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

JoaquinAce wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:17 am

Anyone else concerned?
That's a bit of a stretch and wild speculation at best. I rather have a company which keeps developing their current line up, than bringing out something new every few months. I definitely did not read a-la-Linplug future in the statement of Markus.
Agreed, the way I read it he's committed to maintaining and improving Tone2's current synths. But without the stress and time investment needed for developing new synths. Given that the current Tone2 lineup has most synthesis bases covered, that's quite an understandable decision. I'm not worried at all.

Hopefully a VST3 version is made one day. I haven't started using them, but everything will end up eventually going that way.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:34 pm Hopefully a VST3 version is made one day. I haven't started using them, but everything will end up eventually going that way.
not in logic... :D ...

Return to “Instruments”