Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:47 pm I know there are alternatives to Modular now and this has become the underdog but nevertheless it's the one I still use. Holy sh!t I love this thing.
Ok, spoke too soon :x

I would like to trigger the Freeze button in Clouds via another MIDI channel and based on advice received previously I can do this by adding a MIDI to Trigger module. Sure enough this works perfectly but it's on a pulse when instead I would like the Freeze to remain on for as long as the key is held.

Currently I have the MIDI to Trigger module tiggering the Gate input of the A-140 ADSR module and the output of that into the Freeze input. I am able to extend the length of the freeze via the Release knob but bizarrely and annoyingly the Sustain knob doesn't seem to do anything.

Used modules on the top row, previously attempted modules on the bottom.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

So as usual I was overcomplicating things. All I needed was a MIDI to CV module directly into Clouds :dog:

Works perfectly now :hyper:

Anybody had a chance to install the update yet? I hear it loads faster and the preset system is improved but any CPU improvement?

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:21 pm Anybody had a chance to install the update yet? I hear it loads faster and the preset system is improved but any CPU improvement?
i feel it loads slower, the cpu usage is improved, it was already improved.

preset system is better, also vst3 compliant now, or was it already.

and new module, a midi st sequencer comes with it. and a new payed module, also a secuencer from generative kind, vermona.

:clap: Sure! Delighted with the new presets manager. Good job Softube!

The new Vermona Random Rhythm is fun. Modular in general is super fun, I very rarely do any producing with it, but when ever I load it up I loose hours.

WasteLand wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:56 am i feel it loads slower, the cpu usage is improved, it was already improved.
I do not have this impression at all, for the CPU but as no one is equipped with the identical ... :(
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

The Softube Central download manager is working great here (Windows). Do your first plugin install manager manually and it remembers the install path.
Thinking of getting Heartbeat to go with the Vermona.

I haven’t updates yet or purchases the Vermona module, but I’ll do so I’m the next day or two. I love Heartbeat, and this seems like the perfect addition to use with those modules.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:26 pm I haven’t updates yet or purchases the Vermona module, but I’ll do so I’m the next day or two. I love Heartbeat, and this seems like the perfect addition to use with those modules.
Been playing around with it and works great with Rings and VCO with very short release

Anybody having issues with installing Softube Central? Mine jumps to ~40% immediately and then doesn't move.

Updates are not working correctly/nicely. Getting pissed off here...

The new Vermona module is crashing Live here, all other modules loading fine. Anyone else having this problem? - Windows 10, Live 10.

SHall1000 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:11 pm The new Vermona module is crashing Live here, all other modules loading fine. Anyone else having this problem? - Windows 10, Live 10.
did you try it again? didn't try it ableton yet, but the first time when i loaded the first preset with this module, it crashed reaper. after that it worked.
the same thing in cubae pro 10, crashed the first time, and then it worked.

shall try it tomorrow in live 10.... and reason..

strange. never expereinced this with softube modular.

Its now alternating. Seems to be every other time I load Modular and then load the Vermona it just crashes. Go figure!

Return to “Instruments”