What's On Your Black Friday/Cyber Monday Shopping List?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e@rs wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:21 am
V0RT3X wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:34 pm Just picked up the TDR bundle and got
TDR Limiter 6 GE
TDR Nova GE
TDR Kotelnikov GE
TDR VOS SlickEQ GE
Me too. You forgot to mention SlickEQ M... :wink:
Dunno how that slipped by :dog:

Its one im really looking forward to for ambient sound mixing.

Annnd i also just bought TAL-bassline and TAL-u-no-lx. I was going to buy them at their full price but i could’nt resist the BF deal.
:borg:

Last purchases that I did.

D16 Drumazon and Nepheton

Glitchmachines Subvert,convex, FractureXT, Cataract, Quadrant, Polygon, Cryogen, Palindrome and i got a copy of Nectar elements for free!
:borg:

I rounded out my shopping spree with Heavyocity's Novo Essentials Kontakt library today. All up I've spent about $450, which is a little more than I put aside but I think Novo Essentials is probably the best buy of all. I love orchestral strings, I could get lost in these sounds for weeks.
Last edited by BONES on Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I bought Kush's Omega TWK plugin ($20) and 2 Euro modules ($1250).

Ended up with Komplete 12 for $249 and a bunch of XLN audio adpaks midi/samples plugins for under $200 at there sale .. I'm really excited to finally get Kontackt/Komplete , so glad I purchased that KA-6 interface over the Focusrite one after getting that deal ..

Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

I normally avoid capitalism in this “season”, but there are actually a few sales on upgrades (which never before seemed to be the case) that I want to make use of to upgrade stuff I’ve been holding off on for a long time due to not having the money to throw around.

And I still don’t have money. Sigh. This is my WORST month of the year, in terms of bills, and yet this is when I could hypothetically save a couple hundred on the things I want to buy.

But hey, since Apple has decided to kick me out of their market for Mac Pro computers by raising the price of the base model to TWICE the price of the last model (which was already too expensive because it was over-engineered into a tiny tube... and corner), I might as well stop trying to save my pitiful spare change for a Mac Pro. Bastards.

I originally took some money out of my computer fund to buy a few of those new Behringer analog synth clones... but the software sales!!

I’ve already updated to Absynth 5, just so I could avoid rendering tracks to audio in a project I was converting from Logic 9 to Logic 10. Next might be GForce’s “better than upgrading” sale for Oddity2 and impOSCar2 (though I don’t think I have them in any projects yet, the pricing is great and I’d like to be ABLE to use them, since I bought them in the first place and they sound great... though Oddity 1 is already 64-bit).

Then there’s the Korg Gadget plugin collection, to port my Gadget projects to Logic (from my iPad) without rendering everything to audio tracks.

But I really am itching to get my hands on actual physical (non-digital, non-low-resolution) analog hardware to play with that world for the first time in my life.

And the Roli controllers are on sale, but I’ve been avoiding those until the quality control and behavior is reported as totally solid over on the Roli thread, so...

Sigh.

So much stuff, so few dollars. I can only spend in one direction. Hardware or software. Buying cheaper software stuff leaves me with insufficient cash for the hardware.

I hate being poor and unemployable.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

fedexnman wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:07 pm Ended up with Komplete 12 for $249 and a bunch of XLN audio adpaks midi/samples plugins for under $200 at there sale .. I'm really excited to finally get Kontackt/Komplete , so glad I purchased that KA-6 interface over the Focusrite one after getting that deal ..
This is a good buy! Addictive drums is my favourite acoustic drums. I like its sound a lot and it is light on CPU compared to Kontakt. But anyway, you have now great source for drums, Studio drums, Battery and others besides Reaktor with many sequencers and drum machines (excellent quality in spite of their age!).

When I wanted to buy audio interface, the dealer advised me of KA and said it is has the best built quality. I should have listened to him, but anyway I'm very happy with my Presonus iTwo for several years now (still going right). I might replace my nektar P4 with an NI keyboard if Komplete stay my main source of sounds.

Here's everything I ended up with over the last 10 days -

Polyverse Gatekeeper $19
Creative Intent Tantrum $24
NI Straylight $99
Sonivox Big Bang $9
Vengeance Sound Glitch Bitch $27.50
Audio Damage Quanta $59
Heavocity Novo Essentials $79

That's $316.50 total, which is around Au$475. That's a little over my original budget but I saved more than that and got a few things I've had my eye on for a while so it's all good.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Good grief! I just realised I hadn't looked at Rammfire. It is half price so I just bought it, which takes me over $500 now. Thank Dog for credit cards!

I had my eye on a few things, but then got hit with a massive bill to keep my car on the road ... essential where I live now as there's no public transport for miles. Maybe next year ...

EDIT: I ended up buying The Sugar Bundle ... the discounted upgrade price (131 Euros) for 7 products including DrumComputer and Aparillo was irresistible. :ud:

I ended up a few weeks ago buying Massive and Kontakt 6 (along with KFL and Retro Machines).
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Picked up Komplete 12 with a Maschine Mikro MK2 with maschine software and 7 or 8GB of sounds for £250. Already own the grandeur and abbey road drums so can sell those on. I'll see how I get on with the Mikro but may sell that on too. Mainly bought it for Komplete.

I was quite restrained....unless buying tools to build a new music/studio desk counts in which case I splurged.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”