Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection Special Box Presets For Korg M1 Legacy V2

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:09 pm
BlackWinny wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:57 am
acYm wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:31 amI wish there were a demo. :(
I'm pretty sure that there are tons of demos of Polysix and Mono/Poly on Youyube.
Not the same.
Oh... yes, acYm told about "demo versions" then.
:dog:

Sorry.

Exact, there are not demo versions made by Korg... but these synths are so cheap (money speaking)...

But a first visit on video demos (well chosen to be technical enough) would at least give some important clues on their respective architectures and then... by consequence on their very different uses and very different sounds they produce.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I would use synths from others dev like U-He or Synapse Audio.
Mono poly can be replaced by Bazile or Hive2 and Polysix by Diva
These synth have demo ....

I wouldn't bother until they at least update UI

carrieres wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:58 pm I would use synths from others dev like U-He or Synapse Audio.
Mono poly can be replaced by Bazile or Hive2 and Polysix by Diva
These synth have demo ....

Yes! Replacements are even better at this point.
I use Bazille & Diva layered in BC Patchwork and haven't missed the MS20/Polykorg since. (And also ACE for the single bass/subbase sounds.) And while for me, HALion 6 covers just about everything else, I might suggest to someone that wants to stay away from eLicense the two Rob Papen synths. Blue II and Vecto would be my next choice to replace the M1 and Wavestation (although Korg WS seems to have some unique abilities I haven't heard in Vecto).

At this point, I'd find this thread (or a new one) more interesting on what others are using to replace them. 8)

Im in. $25 for MS-20. No brainer in my opinion. Will sound great alongside Polysix and Mono-Poly. :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:27 pm Im in. $25 for MS-20. No brainer in my opinion. Will sound great alongside Polysix and Mono-Poly. :tu:
Seriously suggest you find a second hand ACE for around $50! You'll never look back!

I'd get XILS 3 LE ... only 34 Euros (no iLok)
https://www.xils-lab.com/products/xils-3-le-p-151.html

yes I meant a demo version, as I'm struggling a bit to really hear, in the youtube material there is, what gives the polysix vst its own character vs the mono/poly vst. I'm guessing it's more obvious in person and when making new sounds.

I'm not gonna use the gui btw... but the actual UI is why I'm even looking at it... I reckon it'll make a perfect Kore module just like the m/p.

to me, the old Korg stuff just reeks of a certain cool factor that the newer, better stuff has a hard time to match. genuine vst classics. I wish I could have afforded 88k sessions sooner.

I really don't understand Korg's (the company) behavior with their customers. It goes way beyond my perplexity. They behave as if they wanted to definitely loose all their desktop registered users.

They have always made and keep making awesome hardware synths. They had made awesome desktop emulations of some of their best legendary hardware devices of the 80's... then after that... nothing any more. Simply a port to 64-bit and to OSX which came suddenly several years ago. Then a (justified) hype on an emulation of the ARP Odyssey. And that's all. Finished.

Their software department develop only for iPad, a bit for OSX (but not a lot, actually, much more for iPad) as if it was the present and the future of all the musicians. They abandon all their registered desktop customers to GUIs which are totally outdated, and they build reduced software synths (that they honestly name "gadgets") for iPad and that they port to desktop computers later with the less hype possible.

It seem that at Korg they live on a totally different planet than the majority of software musicians throughout the world.

In the mean while, a company as Roland (and some others) have perfectly understood where is the real software market, and build for all the desktop computers awesome emulations of some of their best old analog synths of the same years and with a huge activity on development and in maintenance to keep the best possible relation with their costumers, present as well as future...

Honestly I don't understand at all where Korg is going to with the weird choices of their software department. I don't even think that they are really aware of what is happening on the worldwide software plugin market... It looks as a slow suicide of all their software department.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

keep in mind, the KLC uses almost no CPU and with clever sound design
utilizing modern effects they can cover lots of sonic territory.
i use M1 and WS layering up to 8 presets in a combi with freeverb impulser3 IR reverb with great results.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I have all of these on iPad and while the UI is fine there, its a shame these dont hold up on current display standards. dont think id buy until thats resolved

BlackWinny wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:38 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:09 pm
BlackWinny wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:57 am
acYm wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:31 amI wish there were a demo. :(
I'm pretty sure that there are tons of demos of Polysix and Mono/Poly on Youyube.
Not the same.
Oh... yes, acYm told about "demo versions" then.
:dog:

Sorry.

Exact, there are not demo versions made by Korg... but these synths are so cheap (money speaking)...

But a first visit on video demos (well chosen to be technical enough) would at least give some important clues on their respective architectures and then... by consequence on their very different uses and very different sounds they produce.
:D
Well yes you are right :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Regarding GUI size: I am not sure whether this was discussed already but here is a workaround for Windows users: Press the Windows key together with the "+" key to enable screen scaling. Setting it to 200% increases the Polysix GUY to almost full screen on my PC. It looks pixely as hell but it works. :tu:

Scaling works, but it’s not an ideal situation to be in. As you point out, it’s pretty horrible to look at.

I knew the magnifier... but I didn't knew this way to activate it. Thanks !
:tu:

A magnifier working on only a said window instead of on all the screen would be yet better (not the ideal of course, but yet better than on all the screen). But I never heard of any one...

Someone did ?
:pray:

Return to “Instruments”