E-Phonic XPressor v1.05 (free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Confirmed, that XPressor now works fine with FLStudio20. Thank you. Great plugin!
yzcoruhT

Russell Grand wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:18 am
U-o wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:18 pm
sinkmusic wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:25 pm
e-phonic wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:43 pm
@e-phonic: That means you have to port the plugins to VST3?
What are your priorities?
XPressor, Drumatic 4 and Retro Delay would be cool.
XPressor for now :-)
By the way, didn't you work on a MS20 emulation at somepoint, a couple years ago ? I think I remember reading (on Twitter ? or FB ?) about a synth named "invader" (or something like that...).
Is it still a project you're working on ?
Do you mean this one?

If so, I still hope, that this one will be realeased (64bit) even if it will be payware.
May I ask where you got that classy GUI fot Invader? It's been a very long time since I used Invader, but if I remember correctly it had a much smaller GUI than what's in your picture and it was white with shiny (silver? blue?) knobs.
Maybe would be better to start a new topic about Invader. As far as I know, this black GUI should be a new version of great "old" plugin.

I still believe, that new /payware/ version of Invader will be released, because I really love the silver/blue version, that I left only because it is 32bit only.
yzcoruhT

:-) Yes, the black one is a work in progress. Looks completely different again now. It's still far from finished as I stopped working on it to focus on VST3 first.

bit of a ball breaker you can't make a vst2.
does Steinberg give people a unique vst ID number or something?
anyways, Drumatic 4 works well, i've used it in pretty much every track since release.

I know my OS is getting long in the tooth. but i'm facing enough logistic limitations to prevent me upgrading.
i'll probably go to 10.14 within a month or so. i have 5 EPs to finish, then i'll leap into the void.
thanks again for giving it a go PJ

ok, so i've updated my OS from 10.9.5 to 10.14. The problem is exactly the same. The plugin will load into an effect slot no problem, but then attempting to open the GUI hangs Cubase.

Hi,

Thanks for checking!
I'm currently working to rewrite the oversampling algo. It's headache inducing but my first test show a good quality improvement at almost no extra processing cost. :D
After that, I'll see if I can update the plugin to the latest VST SDK. Maybe that will fix the issue.

PJ

in a way i hope it's just my system for some reason. i'd love to using it, but i hope it's not a headache for you.

sqigls wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:12 am in a way i hope it's just my system for some reason. i'd love to using it, but i hope it's not a headache for you.
I must say, I didn't get any other reports of crashing... so I'm still wondering what it could be.
It's always a headache making plugins with all the different DAWs and systems. :lol: But no worries, I still like it!

A new version is up: (v1.0.4 beta)
- improved oversampling algorithm (better quality)
- updated to VST SDK 3.6.14

There still is an issue with the UI in Studio One (only retina) where the plugin shows up 2 times the actual size. This also happens with the example projects from the latest VST3 SDK. So, the issue seems to be in the SDK or Studio One.

Hmmm, I noticed an issue with the oversampling on Win (probably a rounding issue). There it does not sound good. On OSX it does sound good. For some reason there's a difference when compiling on both platforms. I'll investigate.

the OSX version loads in Studio One v3 now.
but Cubase 9.5 is still having a hard time with it unfortunately.

sqigls wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:27 pm the OSX version loads in Studio One v3 now.
but Cubase 9.5 is still having a hard time with it unfortunately.
Well, I's good to hear that it works in Studio One now. There are some changes in the updated VST SDK that could have done the trick.

e-phonic wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:53 pm Hmmm, I noticed an issue with the oversampling on Win (probably a rounding issue). There it does not sound good. On OSX it does sound good. For some reason there's a difference when compiling on both platforms. I'll investigate.
A new version for Windows is up fixing the oversampling issue! (aliasing)

v1.0.5

- Adds plugin scale parameter in settings.ini
- CPU improvements for the oversampling algorithm
- Unregistered noise fade in / out

Known issues:

In Studio One, OSX retina, the plugin shows up 2 times the actual size.
To resolve this issue, please edit the scale parameter in the settings.ini file.

On Mac:
/Users/*User*/Library/Application Support/E-Phonic XPressor/settings.ini

On Windows:
/Users/*User*/Documents/E-Phonic XPressor/settings.ini

For example, scale=0.5 will result in a 50% scaled plugin.

PJ

Long time fan and customer, glad to see you back releasing, this plugins sounds absolutely amazing for my genre on drums and bass, however, literally worst knobs ever for my eyes personally haha, make that white dot a different color, i can barely see it, instabuy as soon as you release :)
Duh

Return to “Effects”