GForce Sale

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
nusound mind
KVRist
152 posts since 21 Jan, 2017

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Thanks guys, really only needed a slight push over the cliff I was already stepping off. I have Diva which I use regularly and Arturia mini which I use irregularly- err, not at all rather. I've managed discipline w/ mixing & fx plugs for the most part but vsti's I have weakness saying no to still apparently.

Idk the scant youtube vids which show off Minimonsta's sound & presets appeal to me so I'll end up getting it I think.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
59498 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: GForce Sale

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:05 pm

nusound mind wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Thanks guys, really only needed a slight push over the cliff I was already walking off of. I have Diva which I use regularly and Arturia mini which I use irregularly- err, not at all rather. I've managed discipline w/ mixing & fx plugs for the most part but vsti's I have weakness saying no to still apparently. Idk the scant youtube vids which show off it's sound appeal to me so I'll end up getting it I think.
seriously, at this price, it's well worth it.
you womt be disappointed :tu:

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1667 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: GForce Sale

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Tried Minimonsta but the UI is too small. Sounded nice though. Used quite a lot of CPU, especially for an old plugin.

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
2808 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Re: GForce Sale

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Vortifex wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:04 pm
Tried Minimonsta but the UI is too small. Sounded nice though. Used quite a lot of CPU, especially for an old plugin.
It is a bit small if you use a very high resolution screen. I never felt it was that heavy on cpu though. It takes about as much cpu as synth 1 does on my system.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
7738 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: GForce Sale

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:32 am

^^^ cpu is just heavy when unison is used.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
2808 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Re: GForce Sale

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:55 pm

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:32 am
^^^ cpu is just heavy when unison is used.
Makes sense. I don’t use unison very often.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

BrokenTrance
KVRist
334 posts since 25 Nov, 2010 from Nile Valley, Egypt

Re: GForce Sale

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Still i can't scroll down on presets. Arrow down doesn't show up. Strange.
Last edited by BrokenTrance on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thejonsolo
KVRAF
2480 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Re: GForce Sale

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:54 pm

That is odd. I would love a better patch browser for sure...but then again I say that about many plugins!

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1667 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: GForce Sale

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:56 pm

Ah_Dziz wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm
Vortifex wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:04 pm
Tried Minimonsta but the UI is too small. Sounded nice though. Used quite a lot of CPU, especially for an old plugin.
It is a bit small if you use a very high resolution screen. I never felt it was that heavy on cpu though. It takes about as much cpu as synth 1 does on my system.
I wouldn't say 1080p is very high these days.

User avatar
BlackWinny
KVRAF
4526 posts since 17 Jun, 2013 from very close to Paris, France

Re: GForce Sale

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:01 pm

As many users today (not necessarily the majority but so many that it can be taken in account), my main computer is a laptop, because I must travel with it, and it is a standard laptop with the standard of today for the screen resolution on laptops: 1600 x 900.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1667 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: GForce Sale

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:05 pm

I don't use a laptop.

I bought impOSCar2, how long can I expect to wait for the reg code? Edit: Nvm it's in my account already :D

User avatar
BlackWinny
KVRAF
4526 posts since 17 Jun, 2013 from very close to Paris, France

Re: GForce Sale

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Vortifex wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:05 pm
I don't use a laptop.

I bought impOSCar2, how long can I expect to wait for the reg code? Edit: Nvm it's in my account already :D
And don't check only this page... check also this one.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
5755 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: GForce Sale

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:08 pm

BlackWinny wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:01 pm
As many users today (not necessarily the majority but so many that it can be taken in account), my main computer is a laptop, because I must travel with it, and it is a standard laptop with the standard of today for the screen resolution on laptops: 1600 x 900.
That sounds tiny. And lacking in pixels per inch. I still use my 13” MacBook Pro 5,5, as a secondary computer, but I can’t stand looking at old style blurry antialiased text anymore. I also can’t stand the cramped space. My iMac has much more screen space. Still blurry to me, after years of “Retina” iPhone and iPad Pro...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1667 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: GForce Sale

Post Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:56 am

BlackWinny wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:49 pm
And don't check only this page... check also this one.
:D
Ooh nice, thanks.

AudioAlien
KVRist
78 posts since 22 Apr, 2019

Re: GForce Sale

Post Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:41 am

vurt wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:05 pm
nusound mind wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Thanks guys, really only needed a slight push over the cliff I was already walking off of. I have Diva which I use regularly and Arturia mini which I use irregularly- err, not at all rather. I've managed discipline w/ mixing & fx plugs for the most part but vsti's I have weakness saying no to still apparently. Idk the scant youtube vids which show off it's sound appeal to me so I'll end up getting it I think.
seriously, at this price, it's well worth it.
you womt be disappointed :tu:
If you could get only 1, which would it be?

Return to “Instruments”