VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

+1.

Elektronisch wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:20 pm
Kalonai wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:13 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:31 am MSVS are there planned more updates before v2 roles out?

In particular Performance updates like sound quality selection or at least lower the memory footprint.
V2 will not come out before 1-2 years minimum. Of course there's gonna be more updates.
(Before you ask, Manuel already said it many times)
I didnt red all 700+ pages and i noted the specific ones :) and if those specific ones were mentioned you could link me up :)
No, I'm not gonna spend my time looking it up for you. I gave you the same answer Manuel would give you. But I guess you only trust his word, right?

There's an Avenger facebook group also, he might have said it there. But again, I'm not going through all comments to find it for you.

Kalonai wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:59 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:20 pm
Kalonai wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:13 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:31 am MSVS are there planned more updates before v2 roles out?

In particular Performance updates like sound quality selection or at least lower the memory footprint.
V2 will not come out before 1-2 years minimum. Of course there's gonna be more updates.
(Before you ask, Manuel already said it many times)
I didnt red all 700+ pages and i noted the specific ones :) and if those specific ones were mentioned you could link me up :)
No, I'm not gonna spend my time looking it up for you. I gave you the same answer Manuel would give you. But I guess you only trust his word, right?

There's an Avenger facebook group also, he might have said it there. But again, I'm not going through all comments to find it for you.
You didnt said if there will be an update with Quality setting selection (to reduce CPU usage) or memory footprint reduction. :) and now i have to spend my time saying this to you (what i already wrote, you couldve just read it) :)

Another question about Avenger AUX Outs.

I can get the OSCs and Drums to separate channels in my Studio One Pro mixing console fine, thanks for good advice here :tu:

How do I make separate aux & drum tracks in my Arrange window

- that correlate with the separate tracks I've already generated in the mix console?

I know I could figure this out with an afternoon to spare, but time is tight, so any guidance you can offer is much appreciated :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:45 pm Another question about Avenger AUX Outs.

I can get the OSCs and Drums to separate channels in my Studio One Pro mixing console fine, thanks for good advice here :tu:

How do I make separate aux & drum tracks in my Arrange window

- that correlate with the separate tracks I've already generated in the mix console?

I know I could figure this out with an afternoon to spare, but time is tight, so any guidance you can offer is much appreciated :)
This looks more like a DAW question, but generally you have to route multiple new midi tracks to the one track with Avenger on it, then use the keyboard zone editor in Avenger to assign midi ranges to oscs and drum module. (Each DAW treats the MIDI+corresponding audio out track differently)

EDIT: Fixed in 1.5.4!

Anyone using Avenger 1.5.3 on macOS?

I have massive latencies rendering audio tracks. They range from 2 to 17 ms. I even had up to 29 ms latency with one preset (I don't know which one anymore). The good thing is that the timing is consistent and the latency seems to be a global shift. Not soo good is that the latencies also vary from preset to preset, quite hard to work with properly. This is true for OSC based presets as well as presets including drum kits (SQ).
Fixed: drum kits had a slight latency in 1.4.10. This is now fixed
- added/fixed: Avenger reports a latency to your DAW now for correct auto compensation. You can set this up on the SYS Page "Off" (regular/default behaviour with zero live play latency - "Dynamic" (latency rises depending on the number of Limiters or Comps being used in the preset) and "Fixed" 5,10 or 15ms" (one Limiter or Compressor needs 2,5ms lookahead, so 15ms can compensate 6 of these effect types)
- added: "set global" button for the latency mode: updates all Avengers in your current song project to the desired setting with one click
I can't find any more information about the settings above. However no matter what compensation latency I select in the sys page, the pretty hefty latency of rendered audio tracks stay the same. Only "Dynamic" seems to be doing something different as the latency climbs up to 17+ ms then. Turning on/off limiters makes a different, however Avenger should do the PDC automatically, I can't work the different ms times out on every single track myself.
I'm on macOS 10.14.6 using Logic Pro X 10.4.7 as well as Cubase Pro 10.5.0. The behavior is the same for VST3 as well as the AU plug-in format. Avenger seems to be reporting the latency to the DAW (Cubase) but it doesn't compensate for it, at least it doesn't get the timing right. There must be something wrong or my settings are false.

Bottom line: How do you macOS users get your Avenger audio bounces in time?
Last edited by outerspacecat on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@sircuit
This looks more like a DAW question, but generally you have to route multiple new midi tracks to the one track with Avenger on it, then use the keyboard zone editor in Avenger to assign midi ranges to oscs and drum module. (Each DAW treats the MIDI+corresponding audio out track differently)
Cool

Different midi channel per track.

Just like old school midi used to be, feeding multitimbral hardware.

Thanks.

I might have spent forever figuring this one out :hail:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

During the first three or 4 days I had too many problems installing the VPS Avenger update (problems with CodeMeter, downloading the factory library, etc.). This should not have happened, however, I recognize the effort that the Vengeance Sound team put in this update.

For now, I can say that the latest Avenger update works very well and I am satisfied.

msvs wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:13 am no? You can activate on a computer for 3 months. Are you 3months on tour without internet?
Manuel, with all due respect - you market VPS and Avenger as being made by working musicians and producers. You mean to tell me that every venue you and your associates have played out at have solid and free WiFi that you can easily connect to at any time?

The issue is that your users have no way of knowing WHEN Avenger will call home to reauthorize. And since there’s no way of knowing when, all it takes is that perfect storm of Avenger calling home and a user getting ready for a sold out gig performance only to find out that Avenger is on lockdown because it needs to call home, and your setup in the middle of Burning Man in the middle of the desert has no Internet.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:07 am
EnochLight wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:03 am Clearly you've never gigged. If you have, and the venue you played had solid Wifi and your cell had a solid data connection, you were fortunate in that city. But what happens when you play the one spot where there's no data connection, no WiFi - and Avenger calls home to authorize when you're on stage? Yeah, good luck with that.
This is the kind of ludicrous over-reaction that irks. As we understand it, all you have to do is have an internet connection AT SOME POINT OVER A THREE MONTH PERIOD. The chances of this being a real world issue for anyone are very low, and close to zero if the person using it is aware that they have software does have to check in from time to time. You're asking us to get outraged over a person who for three solid months tries, but never once manages to find a single internet connection anywhere in the world.
It’s not a ludicrous overreaction; it’s a use-case scenario which will affect users at some point. Pretending this isn’t an issue is just being disingenuous at best, and naive at worst.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I give up talking and talking and talking to some guys here. I kept up for almost 750 pages, not bad :lol: . So for technical questions, hypothetical philosophies and bugs, please write the regular support like in a normal use-case scenario. Please feel free to quote this on every page. I will only post news and updates here. Who wants to communicate directly with me can visit our FB group, (if you don't use FB, then you cant - just to pre-answer the obvious). Next post of me will be Cinematic 3. And now all is left to say: "Happy Xmas to all!" from Germany :) :party:

Can't wait for the Cinematic 3, I've got 10 slots to put in use 😁
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Well it seems to me there are two basic questions to which I don't think Manuel has given clear answers, so as is his wish I've asked support the following:

1. How does the need to check in to Codemeter servers every three months work? Is this an automatic background process that always works? Every time I start the computer, is it resetting that 3 month clock? Does it check itself every 3 months? Or do I manually get a prompt to go through a procedure?

2. Is it possible to have a completely offline process of authorisation? If this is usuing a codemeter dongle, what specific version should I buy, where can I buy it and how much does it cost (with shipping in my case to the UK?)

I'll post the reply here.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

msvs wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:06 am I give up talking and talking and talking to some guys here. I kept up for almost 750 pages, not bad :lol: . So for technical questions, hypothetical philosophies and bugs, please write the regular support like in a normal use-case scenario. Please feel free to quote this on every page. I will only post news and updates here. Who wants to communicate directly with me can visit our FB group, (if you don't use FB, then you cant - just to pre-answer the obvious). Next post of me will be Cinematic 3. And now all is left to say: "Happy Xmas to all!" from Germany :) :party:
If I am one of those guys then I'm sorry. I just wanted help.
Anyway Merry Xmas.

msvs wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:06 am I give up talking and talking and talking... Next post of me will be Cinematic 3. And now all is left to say: "Happy Xmas to all!" from Germany :) :party:
Good! :tu:

"Ein gesegnetes Weihnachtsfest!"

And, of course, "Alles Gute zum neuen Jahr!"
바보

Return to “Instruments”