DrumComputer VST from Sugar Bytes - out now, EUR119!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DrumComputer

Sugar Bytes wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:14 pm little known fact until now:
you can exchange wavetables between DrumComputer and Factory.
which also means that you can use DrumComputer as a wavetable maker for Factory :)
:shock: awesome

I don’t see any bass issues. The wavetable osc can make a simple sine kick that is similar to an 808 or 909 with just a couple knob turns. The resonator is a bit stranger, but for an 808 style kick it does the thing very well (and in the same way the actual 808 did it. It’s a bit weird the way the decay knob and the filter feedback interact, but it covers all the bases quite well from where I’m sitting. I definitely don’t see anything weird about the frequency response.

Anyway I’m loving this.

Sugar Bytes,
If you’re still on here can you tell me if the modulation happens at Audio rate when you use one soundsource to modulate another?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

sorry, audio modulation only on internals, like resonator pmod, wt fm/rm.
the mod matrix was not possible in audio, but still the matrix works at 16th sample rate which delivers good lfsr-like digital noises, good for snares and claps.

what are demo limitations, besides exporting?

ab_sourd wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:05 pm what are demo limitations, besides exporting?
For one thing, it will stop producing sound after a short period of time; removing and re-inserting the plug-in back into the chain did not seem to reset it.

Also, when you call up the UI for the plugin from within the DAW, a message box intermittently pops up to advise you to purchase the plug-in.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Checking demo now, for some reason does not works import user samples to Resynth section (ie i choose any wav but it not load). For Wavetable section it works it seems for example.

Sugar Bytes wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:56 pm sorry, audio modulation only on internals, like resonator pmod, wt fm/rm.
the mod matrix was not possible in audio, but still the matrix works at 16th sample rate which delivers good lfsr-like digital noises, good for snares and claps.
Cool. It sounded a bit gnarly at higher frequencies, but it makes fun noises anyhow. If there is any way to add the filter output as a modulator? That would add some fun opportunities. Or it’s already there and I’m just blind.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

RichN wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:36 am I'll keep demoing, but so far I don't like the sound at all, unfortunately.
Exactly! It just sounds toy-ish while the interface is pretty. Will give it another try.
The average bored guy

The sequencer is dope as f**k!
After spending the weekend with it and learning it, I bought it... it’s a fun drumcomputer

I liked it so much I upgraded to the full bundle ... adding Apparillo, Artillery2, DrumComputer, Guitarist, Thesys, Unique & Vogue to my account for only 131 Euros. Couldn't resist at that price. :hyper:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 am I liked it so much I upgraded to the full bundle ... adding Apparillo, Artillery2, DrumComputer, Guitarist, Thesys, Unique & Vogue to my account for only 131 Euros. Couldn't resist at that price. :hyper:
How did you get that price? For me, my upgrade price for Looperator, Obscurium, Aparillo and DrumComputer is 199$. You get a far better price for more plugins!!!

The upgrade plan from Sugar Bytes is pretty lame....

Did someone get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:58 am Did someone get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
I did and all of a sudden I thought I had enough plugs.
Wierd :ud:

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Ryan99 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:51 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 am I liked it so much I upgraded to the full bundle ... adding Apparillo, Artillery2, DrumComputer, Guitarist, Thesys, Unique & Vogue to my account for only 131 Euros. Couldn't resist at that price. :hyper:
How did you get that price? For me, my upgrade price for Looperator, Obscurium, Aparillo and DrumComputer is 199$. You get a far better price for more plugins!!!

The upgrade plan from Sugar Bytes is pretty lame....
The first time I tried it was 499 Euros ... I logged out & back in again and the price went down to 131 Euros. I have no idea why your price is so much higher. Do you have licenses for everything but Looperator, Obscurium, Aparillo and DrumComputer?
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”