Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

Very good news!

Cinebient wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:13 pm O.K.?......PulsarNovation?
https://www.pulsarmodular.com
Yes. There is a new website with no information. Maybe it is too early
https://www.pulsarnovation.com/
Yorgos Simeonidis

Really hoping for a windows port! :tu:
A well-behaved signature.

Mac VST version would be cool too. Then I could think about buying it...

Although, now that Bitwig has the Grid, I’m not sure. Plus I have enough modular hardware.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:22 pm Mac VST version would be cool too. Then I could think about buying it...

Although, now that Bitwig has the Grid, I’m not sure. Plus I have enough modular hardware.
I have a ton of modulars too and think i demoed nearly all i could and P900 has limited kind and numbers of modules BUT the sound is just so much better for me (including also emulations like Repro, The Legend etc.).
And especially Bitwig might be nearly unlimited but the filters, saturation and FX are lightyears away for me. At least what i could demo does not impress me.
I played with a hardware Moog and damn i like P900 better :)

I hope there’s a relaunch sale

Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:42 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:22 pm Mac VST version would be cool too. Then I could think about buying it...

I have a ton of modulars too and think i demoed nearly all i could and P900 has limited kind and numbers of modules BUT the sound is just so much better for me (including also emulations like Repro, The Legend etc.).
And especially Bitwig might be nearly unlimited but the filters, saturation and FX are lightyears away for me. At least what i could demo does not impress me.
I played with a hardware Moog and damn i like P900 better :)
Nothing in software gets close to the results I get with my analog hardware. There’s a character, nuance and dynamic presence that I don’t hear in any software. And hardware is so much more fun for me when it comes to modular and patching.

If I want to emulate analog... I’ll just use real analog. Bitwig’s Grid can produce a far wider range of tones... wavetable, granular, multi-samples, fm and I can easily play 16+ voices even with unison and it’s fully MPE capable. Bitwig Grid also has a far faster workflow for patching than the usual suspects... not as fun as hardware, but good enough to not be tedious and an inspiration downer

My Voltage Research Laboratory is arriving at my home early next week! Very exciting!!

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 am I hope there’s a relaunch sale
Sorry,
but no way to find "My Account" logo for registered users...

Anybody find this?

Saw wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:07 am
masterhiggins wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 am I hope there’s a relaunch sale
Sorry,
but no way to find "My Account" logo for registered users...

Anybody find this?
https://www.pulsarmodular.com/products/

on the right top corner
its should be on www.pulsarmodular.com and not www.pulsarnovation.com

Sound is a very subjective thing.
I agree that software might not yet be able to absolutely acurately replicate absolute extreme settings, but i don't think of it as lacking in something, it's just different.
Maybe the sonics behavior of Diva, or this Pulsar are actually more pleasing to someone, than those of an actual Moog, where there's warning: sacrilege incoming!) something off in the sound to someone.
Even if software might never reach the last few percent at those extreme settings (which would actually surprise me, but still), you can still sculpt your sound engines to overcome things that are not perfect in the analog realm to the virtual synth's creator's ears.
I also have analog hardware, but i don't think i have to take a step down anymore when i reach for my virtual instruments at all.
‘Even‘ the pretty old Diva sounds legitimately awesome, even if some it's modeling techniques might have been surpassed on a pure technical perspective by a few newer plugs.
It's also perfectly valid that this ‘inferior‘ Diva actually sounds ‘better‘ / has nicer characteristics than a technically more accurate replication, or even the actual analog synth itself.
And of course good luck spotting if some recordings where not done on actual analog hardware unless you deliberately pick the wrong instrument for this task
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:18 am Sound is a very subjective thing.
I agree that software might not yet be able to absolutely acurately replicate absolute extreme settings, but i don't think of it as lacking in something, it's just different.
I don’t particularly care if an emulation is perfect in the exact sense. I do care if it handles audio-rate modulations and feedback etc well.

I love the u-he synths... Diva, RePro and Bazille. Very high quality sound and beautiful.

Still, there is something so lovely about the Moog Matriarch... even on extreme settings and patching it always sounds effortless. Even the very best digital recreations still get some amount of digital harshness once one is out in the wild places. That particular sort of digital harshness so easily grates on my ears.

Playing very high notes usually gets some artifacting on even the best softsynths.

I love the wild places... but even a bit of Osc FM and PWM I can hear the difference in coherence and artifact free clarity.

I love playing the Matriarch straight out to the speakers... it’s so alive! That is when it is just so obviously different than software.

So much effort (and cpu) has to be put into digital to replicate the inherent complexity of the analog world and it is still straining to do it.

Well... wandering off topic here... :oops:

129€ :o

I'll stay with my Reaktor Block Collections.

Calenberger wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:14 pm 129€ :o
Calenberger wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:15 pm I'll stay with my Reaktor Block Collections.
Well, if what you're after is a great-sounding analog-style modular software, then those 129 euros are a bargain, because Pulsar Modular delivers in spades.
Reaktor Blocks are cool but, talking about software modular synths specifically, PM's musicality is unequaled.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:11 pm
FapFilter wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:18 am Sound is a very subjective thing.
I don’t particularly care if an emulation is perfect in the exact sense. I do care if it handles audio-rate modulations and feedback etc well.

I love the u-he synths... Diva, RePro and Bazille. Very high quality sound and beautiful.

Still, there is something so lovely about the Moog Matriarch... even on extreme settings and patching it always sounds effortless. Even the very best digital recreations still get some amount of digital harshness once one is out in the wild places. That particular sort of digital harshness so easily grates on my ears.

Playing very high notes usually gets some artifacting on even the best softsynths.

I love the wild places... but even a bit of Osc FM and PWM I can hear the difference in coherence and artifact free clarity.

I love playing the Matriarch straight out to the speakers... it’s so alive! That is when it is just so obviously different than software.

So much effort (and cpu) has to be put into digital to replicate the inherent complexity of the analog world and it is still straining to do it.

Well... wandering off topic here... :oops:
Not off topic....this is exact what i feel when i play with P900 :)
It just feels alive for me.

Return to “Instruments”