Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Btw yesterday after remind from this top, i blew dust off Ohm plugs, did install Ohmicide and you know, what a great thing. I would not think for a second that this is outdated. Really versatile evilment.

is it usable?
does it sound good?
is it nfr?

Ohmicide is awesome. Still my favorite distortion. Hate the preset system and don't love the GUI but the sounds are great.

i don't really think they can make us purchase a plugin and then go away from business .if it really happens i will buy quickly quadFrohmage and put my licence and the installer on my cloud.I recommend you to do the same...not so long ago i was stuck to re install with the linplug plugin (thx to my 6 old year HDbck) ...Really it would be sad if they go they way. :/

I’m sure theyre still going, personally, I suspect he’s just been hitting the bong a little too hard lately.

Who hasnt!?
Good for him!
:P
ImageImageImageImage

It's a shame their DAW never caught on. It looks like a backbreaking amount of work put into it and it appears to have flopped on its face. Is this wrong? Maybe its a bit of retribution, like how dare you not like my brilliant idea :hihi:.

It actually seems like a good idea, in theory, maybe even ahead of its time (still). So two people can work on a song together in real time, with too mouses inside a daw and there is an embedded chat window.

Might have worked if more producers weren't hermits :ud: Quite the miscalculation :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Yeah, Ohmicide is also my favorite distortion and I've been using it constantly through the years. I don't mind the UI, it's plenty useable given its complexity and power, and the visualization is very good (though the face that shows up on load can be surprising at first). It sounds fantastic and I prefer it over many contemporary plugins and hardware. The way you can control just when it breaks up is so precise.

And don't forget to turn oversampling on, it's disabled by default due to when it was first released, but contemporary CPUs can handle it easily.

I really like it's interface too (it's sound of course too), i'm just worried it might become too tiny for my aging eyes on my next setup.
It's still perfectly fine on my 1080p 15“ laptop monitor though, but i fear for the worst on 4K or similar. :(
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I sympathise with them in regard to what seems like a failure for their daw to take hold. And while I don't think they've scammed people (I do think they are working on it, behind-the-scenes), their decision to not keep even the minimum communication with those who contributed to the funding makes me doubt I'd ever buy from them, again.

It's a real shame. Their plugins are great (Yes! Especially Ohmicide)

It's their masterpiece indeed:
More than a decade old and yet has to be bettered (or even get some peers at last :love: )
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I still bet it's the bong right. This is the same guy who made the chicken film and draws the cat astronaut
comic stuff. Of course hes been smoking something. He probably just working on the interface, for a year.
Or making up an entire back story for it and animating it.

That's what I would do anyway...

pekbro wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:01 am I still bet it's the bong right. This is the same guy who made the chicken film and draws the cat astronaut
comic stuff. Of course hes been smoking something. He probably just working on the interface, for a year.
Or making up an entire back story for it and animating it.

That's what I would do anyway...
He could be shooting heroin directly into his nut-sack, for all I care. I just think he should at least have the courtesy to communicate to those who have invested in the product, that it will eventually come to fruition :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:08 am

He could be shooting heroin directly into his nut-sack, for all I care. I just think he should at least have the courtesy to communicate to those who have invested in the product, that it will eventually come to fruition :tu:
Obviously, you've never injected heroin directly into your nut-sack...
Of course, I cant disagree with your logic. :tu:

I tried! But It had been a long night, and it just ended up in the gooch. Pretty good buzz, but not one of my proudest moments :scared:

Return to “Effects”