GForce Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Imho , oddity is the one worth getting ..fantastic synth and great filters ( not sure but I think these are the only one's that are zdf )
Minimonsta was good +10 years ago , but the filter at high resonance doesn't hold a candle against the monarks and diva's of this world .

edit : funny how they didn't fix the specular highlighting when a knob is turned on the oddity .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Couldn't resist Imposcar2 at this price. What a nice little monster :love:

Vortifex wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 am
BlackWinny wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:49 amAnd don't check only this page... check also this one.
:D
Ooh nice, thanks.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

AudioAlien wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:41 am
vurt wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:05 pm
nusound mind wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:02 pm Thanks guys, really only needed a slight push over the cliff I was already walking off of. I have Diva which I use regularly and Arturia mini which I use irregularly- err, not at all rather. I've managed discipline w/ mixing & fx plugs for the most part but vsti's I have weakness saying no to still apparently. Idk the scant youtube vids which show off it's sound appeal to me so I'll end up getting it I think.
seriously, at this price, it's well worth it.
you womt be disappointed :tu:
If you could get only 1, which would it be?
I suggest you to take ImpOscar.

Why ? Simply because there will always be emulations of ARP Odyssey and Minimoog but it is probable that there will never be any other emulation of Oscar.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

AudioAlien wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:41 am If you could get only 1, which would it be?
You know, they offer demo versions to help the undecided... :wink:

For me personally, the first choice was always impOSCar. But after spending one hour with Oddity, I had to get that one too. :party:

ImpOSCar is the one to get. Seems to be the only one that's still getting some attention from the dev. Sounds great too ...

BlackWinny wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:16 pm
AudioAlien wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:41 am
vurt wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:05 pm
nusound mind wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:02 pm Thanks guys, really only needed a slight push over the cliff I was already walking off of. I have Diva which I use regularly and Arturia mini which I use irregularly- err, not at all rather. I've managed discipline w/ mixing & fx plugs for the most part but vsti's I have weakness saying no to still apparently. Idk the scant youtube vids which show off it's sound appeal to me so I'll end up getting it I think.
seriously, at this price, it's well worth it.
you womt be disappointed :tu:
If you could get only 1, which would it be?
I suggest you to take ImpOscar.

Why ? Simply because there will always be emulations of ARP Odyssey and Minimoog but it is probable that there will never be any other emulation of Oscar.
In principle, yes, but here what need to someone. Historical / aesthetic factor, or interesting sound shaping possibilities.
Just, not excluded the moment that a person after some time having examined more closely the structure of Imposcar, will understand that behind these visually beautiful construction there are quite simplified routing (and sometimes implicit at first glance, what inspiring confidence that there are some unexpected bonuses, but unsuccessfully). And comparing it with, say, any synth which can grab for about 50$ from marketplace, he will understand that everything is the same, plus much more could be obtained through the usual modulation matrix (which is not in the Imposcar).
Of course, there are examples where an impressive (special) sound justifies a limited structure, but in my opinions Imposcar somewhat does not reach of them (today).
But, I can be mistaken, because sometimes observing enthusiastic messages due to fairly simple things. Here really is a matter of taste yet.
Though of course, the main thing is that a person gives joy, no matter what it is.
For example i would advise better finding the first Dune for 40-50 bucks from hands, with this fair digital beast you won't lose anything (in my opinion) and will get much much more (with the same light cpu usage).

I don't know. Aren't many of you overrating them? After listening to the demos i think they sound a bit outdated and digital compared to some of the newer synth like repro. They don't sound bad though.
I will save my money...

amfibie wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:39 pm I don't know. Aren't many of you overrating them? After listening to the demos i think they sound a bit outdated and digital compared to some of the newer synth like repro. They don't sound bad though.
I will save my money...
Well the original Oscar had digital oscillators and so does imp2. The filter is pretty well done regardless of being a few years old. I don't think it sounds any more dated than a virus or waldorf or some other excellent digital synth. As for Oddity, yeah it may not have Diva level oscillators or filters, but it has it's own character. It's has a beautiful sync for example and can sound very lush. Can do plenty of sounds Diva can't. So I don't think "dated" really applies here.

Impossible to say which one to get if you can only get one though. They are so different, both in sound and structure. You really have to demo them to know what clicks.

amfibie wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:39 pm I don't know. Aren't many of you overrating them? After listening to the demos i think they sound a bit outdated and digital compared to some of the newer synth like repro. They don't sound bad though.
I will save my money...
Well...Repro is a different league for sure, but still there's something nice about Imposcar. Maybe in my case there's also a nostalgia factor, who knows

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:48 pm You really have to demo them to know what clicks.
Absolutely ... I had dismissed Oddity (mainly coz I have the KORG one) but after demoing I'm not so sure. :x :hihi: I'm deffo getting impOSCar at this price. I had v1 but didn't upgrade (sold it instead).

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:00 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:48 pm You really have to demo them to know what clicks.
Absolutely ... I had dismissed Oddity (mainly coz I have the KORG one) but after demoing I'm not so sure. :x :hihi: I'm deffo getting impOSCar at this price. I had v1 but didn't upgrade (sold it instead).
I've been back and forth about imposcar actually, probably because many presets I really don't like. But you shouldn't judge a sound by the sounds you don't like that it can make, which is a mistake I make sometimes. It makes some really amazing sounds.

And with Oddity - I sold it when I got the Korg collection last year which included the Odyssey! Because I preferred the Korg for authenticity in some ways. But then demoing Oddity again I liked the Oddity better in some ways too. I used to be against having two of the same emulation but that caused too much changing my mind! So I'm ok with both now.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:06 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:00 pm
I've been back and forth about imposcar actually, probably because many presets I really don't like. But you shouldn't judge a sound by the sounds you don't like that it can make, which is a mistake I make sometimes. It makes some really amazing sounds.

And with Oddity - I sold it when I got the Korg collection last year which included the Odyssey! Because I preferred the Korg for authenticity in some ways. But then demoing Oddity again I liked the Oddity better in some ways too. I used to be against having two of the same emulation but that caused too much changing my mind! So I'm ok with both now.
The thing with impOSCar for me is the playabilty. The aftertouch and velocity setup is really nice. I just enjoy playing it ... plus I like the sound. My band (in the 90s) used a real one on a lot of tracks. It went out to gigs too. I think it had a few memory slots so we could store up the important sounds for each tune.

I will save my money...
Taste differs, that's why I really don't get people that ask others what synth they should buy. I own Repro-1 for quite some time, but I never got a decent sounding preset from it. Installed Oddity demo and after an hour I had 10 presets that put a big :) on my face every time I heard them back (next day too).

What qualities do you all find in Oddity2 that are not in Korg Odyssey plugin ?

And...

What qualities do you all find in Korg Odyssey plugin that are not in Oddity2 ?

Said another way : Not talking about their common points (they are out of my question) what are their differences ? Mainly in terms of exclusive features on each part, more than in terms of sounds.

Said another way : what would you reply to someone who already love Oddity2 and wonder if he will buy Korg Odyssey plugin ? And what would you reply to someone who already love Korg Odyssey plugin and wonder if he will buy Oddity2 ?

Thanks !

Return to “Instruments”