Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

I also find €129 not too much and after tax it was
€153,51. Still good for me since other synths cost the same or more and are not as good and flexible.
And the included delay and reverb modules are so good i would pay another 100 just as FX version.
For me best saturation, BBD delay and plate reverb in any synth i ever could play with. I also love the sequencer and of course that it is easy to have a very flexible and great sounding modular with 4 or 8 voices via a simple switch.
There is also a 14 day demo to try.
Like with all synths P900 is not for everyone but it is my Nr.1 (together with Alchemy for different sounds) and i would even pay for new modules.

I think the price is good and i'd definetly at least demo it if it was on Windows (and won't require ilok ;) )
Luckily i don't really need another synth 8)
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Just for fun.... 2 layer P900 (plus Precedence for extra spatalization and a bit Replika-XT on top).
Otherwise just a few held 3-4 note chords
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p900-stereo-arp

Why is this synth company call Pulsar Novation? Any relation to Novation?

Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:41 pm Why is this synth company call Pulsar Novation? Any relation to Novation?

There is no any relation...

Saw wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:44 pm
v1o wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:41 pm Why is this synth company call Pulsar Novation? Any relation to Novation?

It's peculiar. The new branding can easily cause confusion. Can you imagine if they called themselves Pulsar Moog or Pulsar Roland? They're just asking for lawyers to come knocking.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Saw wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:44 pm

OMG, seriously? How can Pulsar Novation not be related to Novation?

Reminder to a post from the "old" developer a page (or 2) before:

"All I can say is that Pulsar Modular has a new owner that brings a lot of enthusiasm and resources. They will share their plans when they are ready. The good news is that P900 is here to stay."

So resources could be indeed be related to Novation.
Whatever, at the end i do not care and while i am maybe the one to be the biggest fan of P900 i also think about if it makes any different for the future.
It was a one man thing and most great and innovative things for me was a one man thing so far. I really hope they add something useful and develop it further.
Nice new web page but with old and dead links even and P900 still has nasty bugs.
But i still love the sound and workflow and it is fun and easy to create sounds. So far my favorite modular....but i finally found a replacement for me and so i can let it go maybe soon. So no more useless sound demos from me. I mean why should anyone bother if even the developer does not cared much and not sure if a new owner will change something at this point.
Well, i hope i was wrong and come back in a few months.
I´m still very thankful for this wonderful synth and we will see if P900 has a future....

Cinebient wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:13 pm....but i finally found a replacement for me
... may I ask which one :?:

@Cinebient
What's your replacement ?

Calenberger wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:44 pm
Cinebient wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:13 pm....but i finally found a replacement for me
... may I ask which one :?:
Does not matter really since it is anyway a very personal decision and it is not released yet and anyway no VST/AU (Maybe a mac version will follow).
I think in general P900 for me has still the best sound but i want to look further and the nasty P900 bug is hitting me too hard and too often. That nasty killer peak (mostly due to the analog delay i think) which blows you away if you forgot a limiter.
Then it seems to eat sometimes all the cpu until i close and open it again...plus a few other things which i could live with due to the amazing sound but one day it is enough.
Then while i really love the GUI and workflow in P900 from all modular VST/AU the most, i know now that it can be much better and faster. I have the full Reaktor too and VCV and some others and tested Bitwig The Grid and whatever but they all makes me not happy. A lot of them sounding good but the workflow is so medieval and i doubt they will innovate anything in near future. So maybe i have a new underdog child adopted :)
And like i said, last but not least there seems anyway not so much interest in P900....from customers AND developer.
I use it and still love it but it feels more and more the energy is a bit wasted.
I will be happy if i am wrong here....we will see. A FX version of P900 would please me for now f.e. but i doubt we will see anything like that.
Last edited by Cinebient on Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korg Triton? :troll:

FapFilter wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:00 pm Korg Triton? :troll:
Are you crazy? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
But that might be another iOS only thing. But in general i avoid Korg software where i can...
And i already posted about this app in the modular forum....and i know some will hate it but for me it is THE game changer in software modular (since i do not want to code my own modules).

So if anyone is interested i might post my P900 patches but then be aware that they are chaotic, you NEED to use a limiter in your DAW and there are a lot similar versions which i not sorted out and most of them are half baked etc. Some of them are also not in tune with your other synths....But i have no more patience to sort these things out.
So i might just post the whole bunch (also the older i already shared here) as Logic AU patches here (if i find out again where i find them...i really hate the mac/windows bloat system these days also more and more).
Last edited by Cinebient on Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All good, would be boring if everyone was working the same way.
I find it fascinating that some apps are supposedly (nearly?) on the same level as ‘i7s-for-breakfast-eating‘ plugins for stationary computer systems for a while now.
Should give some of them a try in the near future, if only for some (hopefully) nice step sequencers or so

Return to “Instruments”