R.I.P Marie Fredriksson (Roxette)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sad one for me... I'm a proper huge fan.

Way too young ... very sad. :(

Great singer :(

Very sad. Brain cancer is terrible, had a friend die that way a few years ago. That she continued to perform as long as she did is a testament to the art.

What!!! She passed away!! ??
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

NY Times obit: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/arts ... -dead.html

There's an interesting quote in there about feeling more vulnerable singing in Swedish. Which is kind of interesting when you hear the same delivery in Spanish in Baladas en Español as it was in English.

great talent!
John
"B4serenity"

very very sad to hear :(

A few weeks back I was talking about an obsession I had with Sweden when I was quite young but couldn’t work out where that came from or why.

However thinking about it, I loved Roxette in the late 80s (around the same time) so I wonder if they were the catalyst. I’m starting to think so.

Anyway, RIP. Far too young.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

RIP

Roxette was great back then when we were young.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

yellowmix wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:28 pm Very sad. Brain cancer is terrible, had a friend die that way a few years ago. That she continued to perform as long as she did is a testament to the art.
All cancer is terrible.

Great singer, and Roxette songs really rock.
www.music-artwork.com / Get a unique small piece of art as a cover for your music

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”