Which is the better deal for $500? Komplete ULT 12, Pro Tools 2019, or Reason 11

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I don't have a particular sound, I like everything which is why it's hard to choose.

I own cubase, but I also like having ProTools to my side as well and its ecosystem

Komplete Ultimate is huge as hell, would be great for orchestrations with Ultimate 12 in Cubase

Reason 11 has so much of the digital sounds I am looking for

Which do you think is the best deal (it could be personally as well) for $500? Taking into account, Komplete Ultimate 12 costs $1300 USD, and I own Cubase Pro 10.5

Is it possible to OWN pro tools anymore.
They are really looking like they are planning to soon go the Adobe Route -.-

Reason is phenomenal.
I haven’t upgraded to 11 because I was one of
The 0.05% of users that wasn’t huge on the need for it to be used as a VST. But Reason is just a great program.
It could easily run aside Cubase as a co-Daw to your main program. Especially since it’s a VST now.
K12 is fantastic but do note they DON’t include
The Pro Versions of the Symphony series (you mentioned orchestrations)
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

oh god i didnt see that they only came with the ESSENTIAL orchestra versions not the pros. i think im going with reason as well now (Since i already own some NI stuff, and with PT i could just get a subscription for a month if needed and yes it does look like they want to slowly phase out perpetual licesnses withtheir new policies slowly favoring subscriptions)

You can run Reason rack as a vst in your daw of choice :tu:

So basically it's just a question of "which set of practically the same tools I want".

I have Reason but I'll grab Komplete too some day, mostly because of Kontakt.

airforce111 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:18 am oh god i didnt see that they only came with the ESSENTIAL orchestra versions not the pros. i think im going with reason as well now (Since i already own some NI stuff, and with PT i could just get a subscription for a month if needed and yes it does look like they want to slowly phase out perpetual licesnses withtheir new policies slowly favoring subscriptions)
Yea! Big “gotcha” there with that.
You have to get the “Collectors Edition” for the full libraries of symphony.
I don’t like it, I think ultimate should be...well the ultimate. That’s the entire point right? It’s supposed to be the end all mega bundle of everything NI makes right? Eh...Is what it is.

Glad I could help!
Reason sounds like your best bet as you just mentioned. It’s a really great compliment program to your setup. And also one of the most powerful VST plugins around!
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Im just reading and why is there such polarizing opinions on Reason 11? It seems though its more polarizing for REASON only users, not DAW+Reason users

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”