bitwig quieter than other daws

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have confirmed with all my settings volumes sounds and audio interface the same in 2 different DAWs that bitwig is quieting the sound more than other daws. This is with track levels at 0 db

Bitwig is between -22 and -20 db on my kick sound (this is after making the track level 0 db) Master is also 0 db.

Fl studio is -9 to -8 db

Ableton is around -10 db

anyone know why?

By default fader on every track in Bitwig is set to -10dB, while Live's (and I assume FL's) at 0dB. You can change that in Preferences. I'm not sure you did that. Or you have metering in Bitwig set to K-20, perhaps?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Yes I put the track at 0db and master at 0 db with the same results as mentioned. Much quieter than the other daws. It sounds quieter and the meter shows it quieter. I think that the setting of -10db is in place even if the track is brought up to zero after the fact. maybe a bug? I tried it by changes the settings from -10db to 0 and then opened a new project and it sounds like I expected - but you have to close Bitwig entirely to make it work. If you make the setting change and simply open new project then the change does not occur even if you bring up the volume in the track setting. I got it working now - probably does need that -10db as everything gets loud real fast

gain is gain, wherever you are.

mholloway wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:47 pm gain is gain, wherever you are.
:hihi:

Why on earth would you care?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”